• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Dude...you are a garbage grader and misleading Ebayer, nuff said. Just write NM or something.

If you actually thought it was a 9.8, submit the book and sell it for $70 bucks instead of a paltry $31

Jim

$31 + grading fees + shipping + time wasted = $70.

+1 not worth grading.

Dude...you are a garbage grader and misleading Ebayer, nuff said. Just write NM or something.

If you actually thought it was a 9.8, submit the book and sell it for $70 bucks instead of a paltry $31

Jim

+1 not worth grading.

especially if its not a 9.8

Wow...I'm so shocked. Another absolutely overgraded POS brought to you from Divad. How the hell is that Long Bow Hunters a 9.8 with the cracked crease not only on the front but the back as well?

I'd be trepid to call it a 9.0...but that's the difference between you and I, I can grade and you don't have an absolute clue. :foryou:

Jim

Wow . . . I'm so shocked. Another lame assessment from the master of pre-screens. :roflmao:

Jim

:blahblah:

Nice website, btw :whistle:

Just another "manufactured" collectibles guy. I also suggest that you buy a real scanner (or learn how to use the one you have). lol

Jim

+1 not worth grading.

Precisely.

Wow...I'm so shocked. Another absolutely overgraded POS brought to you from Divad. How the hell is that Long Bow Hunters a 9.8 with the cracked crease not only on the front but the back as well?

I'd be trepid to call it a 9.0...but that's the difference between you and I, I can grade and you don't have an absolute clue. :foryou:

Jim

Wow . . . I'm so shocked. Another lame assessment from the master of pre-screens. :roflmao:

Jim

:blahblah:

Nice website, btw :whistle:

Just another "manufactured" collectibles guy. I also suggest that you buy a real scanner (or learn how to use the one you have). lol

You should also make fun of his packaging skills and the boxes he uses.

for someone that has such a high post count on this message board I don't know why or how you are so ignorant to CGC pricing, turn around, how CGC grades, ect.

Not eBay - but I sold 40 copies of New Teen Titans 2 in Baltimore for $75 each.

Cool.

You usually get more money at shows than on ebay for certain books but thats really impressive you were able to unload so many copies.

It's impressive that he HAD that many copies.

A store I frequented had a cover price sale on its half a million comics in the back rooms back in 1999. My friend beat me there and walked away with almost 100 copies of NTT 2.... at cover. For the life of me, I never understood why they didn't limit how many, or pulled keys.

I walked away with 75 copies of X-Factor 6 and have always been peeved about that until a few years ago ;)

Looking back, I prolly could be a millionaire right now if I bought all the keys they had.

Just a background really fast on why they had so many copies. They served the largest Military base in the world with comics and ordered nearly 200 copies of every single book from DC and Marvel. They did this to support the massive amount of requests for long runs of back issues from soldiers that had been out of the states etc. It was the most awesome childhood I could have asked for, having that store near me,, and I even worked there a few years.

What's up with Detective Comics #566? It seems to regularly go for around $15-25 on ebay and I'm not particularly sure why.

It does have a really kickass cover, but the only other thing I can see is the villain bios within the story.

That sums it up.

Perhaps part of the appeal is that it's the lead-in for Batman #400.

If I remember right, this is still when stories began in Detective and were concluded in Batman, essentially making Batman a bi-monthly title. Seems like I remember reading that it was part of an effort to boost Detective's lagging sales.

And I think - but correct me if I'm wrong - that Detective #566/Batman #400 was the last of those two-part stories. From that point on the stories in the two titles were independent of each other.

Or it could just be the cool cover. I actually need a copy of this issue too.

Perhaps part of the appeal is that it's the lead-in for Batman #400.

If I remember right, this is still when stories began in Detective and were concluded in Batman, essentially making Batman a bi-monthly title. Seems like I remember reading that it was part of an effort to boost Detective's lagging sales.

And I think - but correct me if I'm wrong - that Detective #566/Batman #400 was the last of those two-part stories. From that point on the stories in the two titles were independent of each other.

Or it could just be the cool cover. I actually need a copy of this issue too.

That is correct...it was the last Bats/Tec crossover until 1990's Batman #448/Tec 615/449.

Personal stuff aside...from that scan the book does not look to be a 9.8. I know you didn't solicit opinions on your grading, but since you're posting your completed auctions I think it makes it fair game within reason 2c

Not a problem with me. :hi: (but I think the personal diatribe is uncalled for.)

Btw, the book's a 9.8 all day long. :)

Someone bid it to $31 or whatever with a huge scan that very clearly showed the issue. I have no idea how a book like that gets graded by CGC as you cannot actually read it to look inside..heck, check the page count, without that happening most likely.