• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Just make sure you use stiff cardboard, with room to spare all around! I would use the regular flat rate envelopes; you can get pre-cut cardboard that fits perfectly. The stiffer, the better. The padded is too loosey goosey, and that's how corners get damaged.

Out of curiousity where do you obtain the "pre-cut cardboard that fits perfectly"?

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/c-342-comic-fillers.aspx

Where is this free cardboard?

Offices & retail stores.

If you live in an apartment that has a recycling room, there is a ton of it. Aside from the regular cardboard boxes that are delivered on a daily basis, people move in quite regularly using nice sturdy boxes.

Offices & retail stores.

If you live in an apartment that has a recycling room, there is a ton of it. Aside from the regular cardboard boxes that are delivered on a daily basis, people move in quite regularly using nice sturdy boxes.

I've scored some nice TV boxes from mine. That stuff is thick!

Anybody that doesn't think there is significance randomness to auction prices is retarded.

Why? It's an auction. You take your chances. Nothing messed up about it. That's commerce. Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you. If you want to get your price and take the randomness out of it, then set a BIN (shrug)

Me fail reading comprehension? That's unpossible :facepalm:

lol Ralph Wiggum

Anybody that doesn't think there is significance randomness to auction prices is retarded.

Why? It's an auction. You take your chances. Nothing messed up about it. That's commerce. Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you. If you want to get your price and take the randomness out of it, then set a BIN (shrug)

Ralph_Wiggum.png

Oh, and there's no way, with the way I pack, to ship First Class. It almost always ends up being 12-13 ounces, even for one book.

First Class has a 13 ounce limit.

Hence, the post. Voila!

The best thing about having your brother on these boards is that he can come and tell everyone what a bonehead you are.

:cloud9:

Just make sure you use stiff cardboard, with room to spare all around! I would use the regular flat rate envelopes; you can get pre-cut cardboard that fits perfectly. The stiffer, the better. The padded is too loosey goosey, and that's how corners get damaged.

Out of curiousity where do you obtain the "pre-cut cardboard that fits perfectly"?

You have to buy it. Uline sells it, but I get it from a local guy who owns a postal services store, at about half the price. It's 9" x 12", pre-cut.

Happy for ya as well mate, but honestly graded 9.6 of this copy are selling for more than 3 times the amount, and whos to say it wouldt fetch a 9.8? Just my opinion

Because it wouldn't "fetch a 9.6" ;)

Oh that is so freaking rich...like you should be calling anybody out :roflmao:

It's a pretty book, and yes I see the stress lines on the back.

Funny but very true story. Sold a couple grand last week of minor keys to a board member sight unseen, not a scan or anything, just my word. His exact words to me were "they better be graded properly or I'll out you on the boards as a Divad poseur"

Needless to say, he didn't have a problem with a single one of the 22 books he got, but I was scared poopless the entire time, I mean who would want to be outed as that???

Jim

Oh, and there's no way, with the way I pack, to ship First Class. It almost always ends up being 12-13 ounces, even for one book.

Hence, the post. Voila!

The best thing about having your brother on these boards is that he can come and tell everyone what a bonehead you are.

Oh ok, So I'm a bone for saying that first class mail has a 13 ounce limit...Looks like I'm not the only bonehead around here .At least I post facts.

You two need to have a dance-off :juggle:

+1

Btw, I felt this was fairly impressive!! Another to add on my long list to look for. I know it's been selling well for quite some time, but figured I'd post it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aliens-1-CGC-9-8-White-Pages-UnRestored-/261692271968?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=V5AVPmy%252Bk2N5C7N59Y%252FO02TUK6A%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Ralph_Wiggum.png

"I found a moon rock in my nose"

Ralph_Wiggum.png

"I found a moon rock in my nose"

"It tastes like burning!"

Offices & retail stores.

Furniture stores are good, too. The boxes are a little large, but they are always double-layer, and often triple-layer, cardboard.

-slym

I once sent three comics in a recliner box. I spent $8,376 on packing peanuts :frustrated:

Hence, the post. Voila!

Oh ok, So I'm a bone for saying that first class mail has a 13 ounce limit...Looks like I'm not the only bonehead around here .At least I post facts.

You're a bone? You're a lot of bones!

The "12-13 ounces" in my post should have been the giveaway. When you're already at the limit with one book, it doesn't make much sense to not just ship Priority.

^^

You two need to have a dance-off :juggle:

+1

Btw, I felt this was fairly impressive!! Another to add on my long list to look for. I know it's been selling well for quite some time, but figured I'd post it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aliens-1-CGC-9-8-White-Pages-UnRestored-/261692271968?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=V5AVPmy%252Bk2N5C7N59Y%252FO02TUK6A%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

That is coocoo bananas cray cray.

I think I sold mine too cheap! ;)