• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Congratulations on the sale, but holy carp, that is an insane outlier.

Thanks! It's also an insanely high grade copy. :grin:

Did Divad just admit that it was an outlier? :popcorn:

I was curious so I looked at a few of the other auctions Flyingdonut linked and Divad did get top dollar on this book, but none of the other raw copies listed were advertised as 9.8....from the looks of it, Divad is the only seller who had a raw copy that is a dead on 9.8.

Here's another listing of a raw 9.4 copy, seller is also a boardie, sold for $26.95 (w/free shipping)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crisis-on-Infinite-Earths-8-Nov-1985-DC-Death-of-Barry-Allen-NM-/171445894315?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27eaf8bcab&nma=true&si=it5fGwEwyNjDpFU8JAzKBaL4blo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Divad's copy is a dead on 9.8, from the scans.

A CGC 9.6 ( which was relatively rough looking compared to Divad's 9.8 raw copy) got a few bucks les s than than Divad's raw 9.8.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crisis-on-Infinite-Earths-8-CGC-Graded-9-6-NM-Death-of-the-Flash-/381216841978?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58c24b60fa

Completed ebay listings for the past month show that a CGC 9.8 sold for $125 + $13 shipping.

Another CGC 9.8 went for $107.49 , in auction....and it was a free shipping item, as well....so Divad made out considerably better with his sale of an $85 raw 9.8 (plus shipping) than the unlucky who put his CGC 9.8 up for auction.....and he also did just about as well (profit wise) as the seller who sold a CGC 9.8 for $125.

This makes me want to start listing some raw 9.8 books on eBay..... though the idea of having a buyer paw over a raw 9.8 book and send it back to me , with a newly incurred spine tic and/or fingerprints on a black cover (etc etc) ....for a refund, is what is holding me back.

This makes me want to start listing some raw 9.8 books on eBay..... though the idea of having a buyer paw over a raw 9.8 book and send it back to me , with a newly incurred spine tic and/or fingerprints on a black cover (etc etc) ....for a refund, is what is holding me back.

Did you get those 9.9 copies graded yet?

The top left tear might be production, that bottom left definitely isn't

Also, the to the left of "Super Powers" is a pretty big crease. Also on the back is a pretty bad scuff? On the spine above aquaman on the right in the dark spot of the spine.

Scanned enough books to know thats not white but a tear/hole forming.

Edited by youmechooz

Did you get those 9.9 copies graded yet?

Actually, I have not.Kindly refrain from breaking my balls any further intil I actually submit those 4 books. :flamed:

Also, the to the left of "Super Powers" is a pretty big crease. Also on the back is a pretty bad scuff? On the spine above aquaman on the right in the dark spot of the spine.

:roflmao:

I'd put money that book doesn't come back a 9.8. It's a sweet copy but not 9.8

I wouldn't, and I had it in hand. It's a slam dunk 9.8. People give me a hard time for listing HG raw books . . . do you know how many boxes of books in my garage are not 9.8? :grin:

Hmph.All that leg work I did and I neglected to actually fully inspect the magnified scans.... doh!

Yes, I see the tear/hole forming that you're referring to now, that I magnified the pic.

I also managed to miss the tear, at the LBC on the FC.....that tear alone, would likely bring the book to a 9.6.

I cannot see a crease (big or little) on the back cover above the Super Powers logo.Not saying it is not there, just with the white background of the BC , I can't make out any crease, on my computer screen.I'm assuming you have a better monitor.

I am not sure if the possible scuff ( on BC to the left of Luthor's leg) is production related or not.

All in all, I agree with the two of you that this book would not fetch a 9.8 from CGC/CBCS.With the defects I can see, it is likely a 9.4.

It's a 9.8 PGX, all day long, though .....ugh.

I neglected to actually fully inspect the magnified scans.... doh!

You had to magnify scans that are already bigger than your head? :roflmao::insane:

It's a shame you guys don't even know how to read scans.

Back on ignore . . . lol

He's racking up the ignores left and right, especially after his juvenile post in the Gold section yesterday.

What did he say? Did the post get scrubbed?

Diva D,

Wouldn't it make more sense to take all these wonderful 9.8 copies you have and get them graded to maximize your money? Since they are "sure things" like you say they are, then you could always dip in to your long boxes in the garage and sell the non 9.8's raw as NM+.

On the spine to the right and above Aquaman is part of G. Perez's sig. not a scuff.

I see what you are talking about to the right of Super Powers, but could be production crease.

Diva D,

Wouldn't it make more sense to take all these wonderful 9.8 copies you have and get them graded to maximize your money? Since they are "sure things" like you say they are, then you could always dip in to your long boxes in the garage and sell the non 9.8's raw as NM+.

Hey BJ,

I take it, you don't think it's a 9.8? lol

luv,

d

On the spine to the right and above Aquaman is part of G. Perez's sig. not a scuff.

I see what you are talking about to the right of Super Powers, but could be production crease.

It's neither. :)