• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Back on ignore . . . lol

He's racking up the ignores left and right, especially after his juvenile post in the Gold section yesterday.

I think you're a tad confused. I haven't posted in the Gold section recently. :)

Back on ignore . . . lol

He's racking up the ignores left and right, especially after his juvenile post in the Gold section yesterday.

I think you're a tad confused. I haven't posted in the Gold section recently. :)

I was talking about CopperAgeKid.

Back on ignore . . . lol

I was talking about CopperAgeKid.

Thanks, I misread it. :foryou:

Seriously, this book measures up against any CGC 9.8 any day of the week. You guys are pathetically over-analyzing what you think you see in huge scans as defects. I'd wager I've submitted more books (30 years and older) that have come back 9.8 than most of you. I also don't hide the book behind plastic, and put crappy little scans in my listings. For that, I get skeptics, but narry a return. :sumo: Nothing but extremely satisfied customers. I have sold numerous raw books on this board that have come back 9.8, and near every one I have sold has come back equal to or higher than I graded it when sold. :acclaim:

The top left tear might be production, that bottom left definitely isn't

Also, the to the left of "Super Powers" is a pretty big crease. Also on the back is a pretty bad scuff? On the spine above aquaman on the right in the dark spot of the spine.

Scanned enough books to know thats not white but a tear/hole forming.

On the spine to the right and above Aquaman is part of G. Perez's sig. not a scuff.

I see what you are talking about to the right of Super Powers, but could be production crease.

It's neither. :)

(thumbs u Looks good to me, I like the large scans.

In other news I think this is a new record for 9.4 Harbinger 1. $220 plus 23 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harbinger-1-CGC-9-4-Valiant-VEI-Valient-/181710871496?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2a4ecfdbc8

I think its time I slabbed a ton of these pre-unity Valiants.

Edited by Rip

The top left tear might be production, that bottom left definitely isn't

Also, the to the left of "Super Powers" is a pretty big crease. Also on the back is a pretty bad scuff? On the spine above aquaman on the right in the dark spot of the spine.

Scanned enough books to know thats not white but a tear/hole forming.

On the spine to the right and above Aquaman is part of G. Perez's sig. not a scuff.

I see what you are talking about to the right of Super Powers, but could be production crease.

It's neither. :)

Show through from inner cover ad? 2c

Seriously, this book measures up against any CGC 9.8 any day of the week. You guys are pathetically over-analyzing what you think you see in huge scans as defects.

It can never be said that you short change people with thumbnail scans.

Back on ignore . . . lol

What did he say? Did the post get scrubbed?

Yes, the post I made got deleted.

I posted a comment which was meant as a *joke*, in the "Ask Gator" thread....which had about 500 pages of questions.

It struck me as a "Dear Abby" sort of thread, so in that vein, I posted up a playful joke....the intended IRONY of which was apparently* lost on the boardies who read it and reported the post to a moderator.

Other than that, assuming one's sense of humor is limited, I see no reason why "Illustrious" would state that I'm racking up ignores left and right.

I would ask him if there is such a reason, to kindly post it up here, instead of smearing my name , as I've got nothing to hide and I highly value the information shared freely on the forum.....

Likewise, I'm not too keen on the insinuation that my comments , thoughts and the like should be disregarded ("racking up ignores.left and right" ) as that seems disrespectful.

*completely

TV related?

Suicide Squad movie.

For :censored: sake, at this rate the question will be which 2nd tier villain or hero from the DCU is not in the Suicide Squad movie instead of which ones are in it.........

Diva D,

Wouldn't it make more sense to take all these wonderful 9.8 copies you have and get them graded to maximize your money? Since they are "sure things" like you say they are, then you could always dip in to your long boxes in the garage and sell the non 9.8's raw as NM+.

Why should he? He's selling them for pretty good money without the expense and hassle of sending them off to Sarasota.

Just wanted to thank everyone who takes the time to contribute to this thread and keep the rest of us who don't have our finger on the pulse of the Copper Market updated with recent news. Like many of you, I grew up with comics in the 80s, so the era is especially near and dear to me, and I also spent the better part of the last 15 years buying back a lot of the stuff that went unloved and ignored for so long.....nice to see a fair amount of it is gaining traction with a new generation of collectors. Hope to contribute myself again, now that our newborn is sleeping through the night and I'm no longer sleep deprived and near catatonic. Will also update folks on finds and acquisitions as I have a full slate of shows I'm attending this year, from Charlotte to Miami to Tampa to Chicago to Baltimore. Should be a lot of great Copper still out there, though probably not as much in the dollar bins as there used to be.

Diva D,

Wouldn't it make more sense to take all these wonderful 9.8 copies you have and get them graded to maximize your money? Since they are "sure things" like you say they are, then you could always dip in to your long boxes in the garage and sell the non 9.8's raw as NM+.

Hey BJ,

I take it, you don't think it's a 9.8? lol

luv,

d

We talked about this before and I'm befuddled as to why I'm backing this, but I think it's more my passion against everyone "tombing" their books.

You can get $85 raw. Last 9.8 sold for $125 + $13 shipping. It costs roughly $13 to ship, so scratch that and just look at the $125. What's it cost to ship it there, pay for grading and ship back? Add on top of that the time for grading where you are not selling it and the difference in fees between the two sales prices.

Edited by ygogolak

It struck me as a "Dear Abby" sort of thread, so in that vein, I posted up a playful joke....the intended IRONY of which was apparently* lost on the boardies who read it and reported the post to a moderator.

Yeah.. okay. :whistle:

Anyone see potential for the first appearance of the Dark Knight? This comic is really tough to find and with the crazy prices for issues 1-4 this one seems undervalued even at these prices.

http://www.atomicavenue.com/atomic/TitleDetail.aspx?TitleID=2965

Niche market book.

This book has been semi-hot for years. Its a cool book. Typically brings $15-30 in decent shape, and there are always random buy it nows in the $50-100 range ( as collectors in this new era tend not to shop around like they should )

The problem I have always had with books like this, or any preview, is this question:

It is really the first depiction of said character?

I have found more often than not, that the first preview/ad whatever, is many times found to be wrong later on, there is something earlier. These previews and ads are MUCH harder to research than regular comic issues.