• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

interesting, seems that all the cheap copies have been scooped up. some are also saying it is first x-force.

there's a pinup with shatterstar in the book, the pinup is a team that looks A LOT like the new x force. Think of it like the Wolverine ad in DD 115.

Nah, this comparison doesn't work! The DD book shows the cover to 181. NM Annual 6 is more like a prototype. Think of Foom 2 (shrug)

I had to look up why that book was selling so well. I mean out of nowhere it takes off. When I saw it was Shatterstar I just rolled my eyes. 1st X-force what a stretch. :insane:

interesting, seems that all the cheap copies have been scooped up. some are also saying it is first x-force.

there's a pinup with shatterstar in the book, the pinup is a team that looks A LOT like the new x force. Think of it like the Wolverine ad in DD 115.

Nah, this comparison doesn't work! The DD book shows the cover to 181. NM Annual 6 is more like a prototype. Think of Foom 2 (shrug)

I had to look up why that book was selling so well. I mean out of nowhere it takes off. When I saw it was Shatterstar I just rolled my eyes. 1st X-force what a stretch. :insane:

I understand that X-Force is going to be a film but NM 100 had a massive print run. Even though it's the first X-Force I would think the amount of copies out there would destroy the chance of it ever selling well. Maybe the 3rd print is a better bet. I like that cover a lot more and the print run on the 3rd print is probably lower than the first print. To be honest I can't believe there are even conversations happening about the value of X-Force comics. I remember when X-Force 1 came out. The whole thing kind of turned me off to collecting comics for a long time.

I understand that X-Force is going to be a film but NM 100 had a massive print run. Even though it's the first X-Force I would think the amount of copies out there would destroy the chance of it ever selling well. Maybe the 3rd print is a better bet. I like that cover a lot more and the print run on the 3rd print is probably lower than the first print. To be honest I can't believe there are even conversations happening about the value of X-Force comics. I remember when X-Force 1 came out. The whole thing kind of turned me off to collecting comics for a long time.

Are we really still having conversations about print run vs. demand?

It’s all about Cybrid…

Wouldn't it be awesome if Marvel introduced a character called Cybrid, that looked like Cable, but with darker hair? Then we could argue about who that's a sketch of.

They don't even have to make the sketch look like Cable. Just make Cybrid an Asian female assassin and everyone will still think that sketch is a prototype, ala the Wolverine "prototype" in Foom 2. (thumbs u Then we can argue about whether or not the name is enough for the sketch to be a prototype.

It’s all about Cybrid…

Wouldn't it be awesome if Marvel introduced a character called Cybrid, that looked like Cable, but with darker hair? Then we could argue about who that's a sketch of.

They don't even have to make the sketch look like Cable. Just make Cybrid an Asian female assassin and everyone will still think that sketch is a prototype, ala the Wolverine "prototype" in Foom 2. (thumbs u Then we can argue about whether or not the name is enough for the sketch to be a prototype.

Plus, it’s currently fashionable to have characters magically switch gender (see Thor). lol

September (so far) has been -poor for overall sales . . . thoughts anyone? hm

Agreed. August was great but early September was poo.

Picked up over the weekend, though.

+1 I experienced the same thing this weekend.