• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Uncanny X-Men #256 New Psylocke - I got $12 for which was suprising but I think it's about to do better since it's a geniune key issue. Time well tell..

I have not put any of those out at shows yet, but I have been moving #509s fast at $10 apiece. I will be stickering #256s at $20 or $25 for the local October and November shows.

What is that, like 48 cents US...?

:cry:

The glory days of having an above par dollar are gone. The trade off is getting a 30%+ exchange rate kicker when selling online. :acclaim:

Yup. I can't wait for the 50% off sales on back issues at a few of the LCSs during boxing week. I will even hit the ones that only do 25% - 35% off - in the recent past it was not worth it but with the current exchange rate environment it will be. lol

Don't scoff, that's 600% more than I got when I sold this book at a con in June :insane:

That's really a shame. This book was absolutely smoking hot in 1990-91. Punisher and Wolverine? Together?? Jim Lee??? (Well, ok, not at that point, but still...)

Classic cover, the whole 9.

Such a shame.

Don't scoff, that's 600% more than I got when I sold this book at a con in June :insane:

That's really a shame. This book was absolutely smoking hot in 1990-91. Punisher and Wolverine? Together?? Jim Lee??? (Well, ok, not at that point, but still...)

Such a shame.

Same goes probably for the early Wolverine issues. So loved and appreciated at the time. Or for the New Mutants and X-Factor. Yes, a shame indeed. :(

Such a shame.

I've always liked the cover to the next issue more

Someone spent in excess of $12 to own that (when shipping is factored in). Was that ever even close to a $12 book in the 90s?

Not really a shame just a consequence of way too many copies printed. PWJ 6 and 7 were heavily ordered and hyped up before it came out.

Still some cool books though...

I think most dealers would be absolutely orgasmic if they could put 6 and 7 in their $5 convention boxes and see them sell, even at 5 for $20

Such a shame.

Same goes probably for the early Wolverine issues. So loved and appreciated at the time. Or for the New Mutants and X-Factor. Yes, a shame indeed. :(

Yes, it is a shame that all of my 80s and 90s books aren't worth $10-$15 each.

Such a shame.

Someone spent in excess of $12 to own that (when shipping is factored in). Was that ever even close to a $12 book in the 90s?

Absolutely. It was a $25 book at one point (#6.)

Even if this is the "Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay" thread I was saying it’s a shame they are not known and appreciated. I wasn’t thinking about the value.

Also, I was talking of books up to 1991 max. (and so the very early Wolverine, in this case) – most of the following years' productions were just bad.

I would not pay $0.50 myself for most of what Marvel published in the 1990s.

Such a shame.

Absolutely. It was a $25 book at one point (#6.)

i'll take your word for it. seems like some of these prices may have gotten wackier on the west coast than here in nyc, but i was not paying attention to new comics then. it seems like they ordered a ton of #7 though. i think the cover of 6 is ugly, but whatever.

Edited by the blob

Even if this is the "Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay" thread I was saying it’s a shame they are not known and appreciated. I wasn’t thinking about the value.

Also, I was talking of books up to 1991 max. (and so the very early Wolverine, in this case) – most of the following years' productions were just bad.

i have two kids, a big mortgage, and a job that doesn't pay that well (considering where i live). i spend 97% of my waking hours stressed about money and 93% of my dream-time as well.

i have two kids, a big mortgage, and a job that doesn't pay that well (considering where i live). i spend 97% of my waking hours stressed about money and 93% of my dream-time as well.

You should talk to your doctor; I'm sure there's a pill you can take for that. :grin: