• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

hmm wonder if the decrease in traffic has anything to do with a certain selling format being banned....nah probably not...BUT I will say Booster Gold 1 is selling well on ebay

What has been banned?

??

Its not the slower sales that bother me, but the NPBs increase that is a pain. I have had more NPBs in the last 2 months then I had the entire last year.

Me too, and it's books that were at the top of their momentum so of course after waiting for the case to close and the FVF the books dropped to about half of what I got stiffed.

Just sold a NM 98 and my luck it's a zero FB bidder with an account registered since 2010. Should I just cancel the sale if he doesn't pay with 24 hours and offer it to the next bidder?

I just had a pair in my last run as well.

First guy "entered the wrong amount" and won by $1 more than his max bid...which was about 1% of the total (not bidding $2 on a $1 book) and the second guy just said nothing and didn't bother paying.

Its not the slower sales that bother me, but the NPBs increase that is a pain. I have had more NPBs in the last 2 months then I had the entire last year.

Me too, and it's books that were at the top of their momentum so of course after waiting for the case to close and the FVF the books dropped to about half of what I got stiffed.

Just sold a NM 98 and my luck it's a zero FB bidder with an account registered since 2010. Should I just cancel the sale if he doesn't pay with 24 hours and offer it to the next bidder?

Everyone' gotta start sometimes - I'd give him his 4 days first. :)

what got banned??

i've been doing ok with people stiffing me. only about 1 in the last 40 sales and i wound up selling it for only $3 less ($17 vs. $20) than the prior sale.

i am a bit annoyed someone gave me a neutral FB (and terrible stars) on shipping where she got it 2 days before the expiration of ebay's "estimated receipt time" on the auction. she did this purely based on her only living a few states away. fact is i shipped it within 3 days of payment, it just meandered a little and got there 6 days after she paid.

i have not put any copper/late BA sales here because whatever i have sold has been for around the "going rate" on ebay, so nothing special worth putting up.

hard to tell whether things are slow or my opening bids are too high. i don't do 99 cent auctions and that might scare some bidders off. if I think something is worth $15 to me I probably won't start it at less than $9.99 (albeit with free shipping). will probably go back to more store format items with more quantity and more waiting.

have we reached capacity in this thread for non-paying ebay customer stories? can we cap it at 7 more? 10?

have we reached capacity in this thread for non-paying ebay customer stories? can we cap it at 7 more? 10?

well, mine was "it hasn't been a real problem for me"

yeah, i don't have much CA for sale right now and have few sales.. sold an otherwise nice Batman 428 with a chip out of the corner for a whopping $10.50 w/free shipping..multiple bids! but I figure $7-$8 is actually a pretty decent number (taking out the cost of shipping) for that book with a defect that is going to make it no better than a VF. it's not like there aren't plenty of NM copies.

what got banned??

i've been doing ok with people stiffing me. only about 1 in the last 40 sales and i wound up selling it for only $3 less ($17 vs. $20) than the prior sale.

i am a bit annoyed someone gave me a neutral FB (and terrible stars) on shipping where she got it 2 days before the expiration of ebay's "estimated receipt time" on the auction. she did this purely based on her only living a few states away. fact is i shipped it within 3 days of payment, it just meandered a little and got there 6 days after she paid.

i have not put any copper/late BA sales here because whatever i have sold has been for around the "going rate" on ebay, so nothing special worth putting up.

hard to tell whether things are slow or my opening bids are too high. i don't do 99 cent auctions and that might scare some bidders off. if I think something is worth $15 to me I probably won't start it at less than $9.99 (albeit with free shipping). will probably go back to more store format items with more quantity and more waiting.

I believe he was referring to mystery boxes.

what got banned??

I believe he was referring to mystery boxes.

apparently it still stings

Yeah same issue as well thrill buying.

Mine were BINS that what kills me lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FUGITOID-1-MIRAGE-STUDIOS-1985-KEVIN-EASTMAN-PETER-LAIRD-FIRST-PRINT-/381046005840?hash=item58b81ca050

this should do better

yes, i know, the tnmt cameo is very brief, but it's what, their 5th appearance?

Not sure what you're asking. That's around the average sale price.

Not asking anything, just think it should go for more, but we're a zillion printed?