• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

An issue of Marvel Comics Presents is worth something??? ??????? ?

?

I dunno, the title seems to be doing pretty well . . . :grin:

I'm not sure if any of these qualify as doing 'pretty well' hitting $80 with a freaking Sam Kieth sig actually kinda sounds low.

Yes, it is a shame that all of my 80s and 90s books aren't worth $10-$15 each.

Even if this is the "Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay" thread I was saying it’s a shame they are not known and appreciated. I wasn’t thinking about the value.

Also, I was talking of books up to 1991 max. (and so the very early Wolverine, in this case) – most of the following years' productions were just bad.

I would not pay $0.50 myself for most of what Marvel published in the 1990s.

i have two kids, a big mortgage, and a job that doesn't pay that well (considering where i live). i spend 97% of my waking hours stressed about money and 93% of my dream-time as well.

Find something that makes you money other than your job.

yup, that's me bring a crass money driven comics selling non-purist

when i was single and childless i thought about building up a cool collection with lots of cool stuff and owning them until i dropped dead or whatever, but now i mostly see thousands of potential ways to pay my bills if i only had more time and energy. it's sad. i enjoy the medium still, of course, but virtually nothing i own is viewed as a long term hold anymore.

?

I'm not sure if any of these qualify as doing 'pretty well' hitting $80 with a freaking Sam Kieth sig actually kinda sounds low.

Sad but true. Sam hasn't signed in 2+ years, but no one seems too interested in the books.

I made a reasonable bulk offer on about 20 Sam SS books...Maxx #2 9.8 and the like...and was summarily turned down. I wonder what the seller got for them, if he sold?

?

Well yeah, throw a common book in a 9.8 slab and it will sell.

It's all common, sure it'll sell, but it doesn't always sell enough for a profit.

Then the person who slabbed it and sold it at a loss is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person

?

Well yeah, throw a common book in a 9.8 slab and it will sell.

It's all common, sure it'll sell, but it doesn't always sell enough for a profit.

Then the person who slabbed it and sold it at a loss is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person

Damn insufficiently_thoughtful_people.

i wish we would stop talking about "common" books...anything from the big two from the last 50 years other than a few variants and some really oddball titles is going to be pretty common.

but yes, there does not seem to be much interest in that series generally. sure, a few of the first weapon X books are worth slabbing in 9.8, but not much else

i wish we would stop talking about "common" books...anything from the big two from the last 50 years other than a few variants and some really oddball titles is going to be pretty common.

but yes, there does not seem to be much interest in that series generally. sure, a few of the first weapon X books are worth slabbing in 9.8, but not much else

So, not only common but essentially irrelevant.

So, not only common but essentially irrelevant.

There are numerous other threads for "uncommon" CA books . . . and if you can't find one, start your own. :sumo:lol

Last time I checked, this was the thread we're posting in, "Coppers Heating/Selling Well on Ebay"

People by irrelevant and common books in 9.8 cause they most likely trying to complete a set...That's why I got $350 for a Conan The Barbarian #250 haha He emailed me and told me he needed it for his run.

there is a 9.8 for sale right now for $153

Even if this is the "Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay" thread I was saying it’s a shame they are not known and appreciated. I wasn’t thinking about the value.

Also, I was talking of books up to 1991 max. (and so the very early Wolverine, in this case) – most of the following years' productions were just bad.

i have two kids, a big mortgage, and a job that doesn't pay that well (considering where i live). i spend 97% of my waking hours stressed about money and 93% of my dream-time as well.

when i was single and childless i thought about building up a cool collection with lots of cool stuff and owning them until i dropped dead or whatever, but now i mostly see thousands of potential ways to pay my bills if i only had more time and energy. it's sad. i enjoy the medium still, of course, but virtually nothing i own is viewed as a long term hold anymore.

I believe he was just suggesting that you could find a way to have additional income, aside from buying and reselling comics, without having to continuously worry about it. :)

Not that it’s easy but maybe find a way to save on your daily expenses? I seem to recall you said you live in an expensive zone.

I believe he was just suggesting that you could find a way to have additional income, aside from buying and reselling comics, without having to continuously worry about it. :)

Not that it’s easy but maybe find a way to save on your daily expenses? I seem to recall you said you live in an expensive zone.

i need to make my kids latchkey kids. this will be tough for the 4 year old though. paying someone a living wage to watch them while their parents work three full time jobs between them is bankrupting me.

wah wah wah. i do realize i do not have real problems, just ones of my own making!

my wife says i should drive for uber at night. i prefer the gigolo route (hetero only!), but not much demand for a 300+ pounder in his mid-40s.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAWKEYE-1-2-3-4-COMPLETE-1983-MARVEL-9-0-VF-NM-/181880757144?hash=item2a58f01b98

--------

not that there is a lot of meat on the bone if buying these out of a dollar box, but i have generally ignored these minis from this era as it seems like badjillions were printed, but i probably shouldn't have for hawkeye