• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

How you see it is irrelevant.

That's become clear.

John Donne said 'no man is an island'. Clearly, he was wrong.

He was replying to Mr. Ween. But I could say that in this case the "islands" are those who insist on this concept of "first apperance", and who wants to use words arbitrarily and out of context. Roy (Beastfeast) was just giving an uncalled for harsh reply, but what he means is clear.

John Donne was surely right, but unfortunately we suffer the consequences of modern philosophical thought, which he couldn’t have imagined, so blame Hegel for this lack of communication.

Yes. The dregs of the comic book universe... those copper people.

:cloud9:

Just trying to get a line in your signature area. :)

You'd have to say something that you believed was true...

:D

"Han shot first."

This banter sucks in a copper heating up thread. Just Sayin :sumo:

:sumo:

Less than a day away, and I come back to 4-5 pages of pure drivel . . . :sick: Anything heating up? hm

well with the newer JL Dark announcement, one might expect Swamp Thing 49 and 50 to heat a bit more

That's become clear.

He was replying to Mr. Ween. But I could say that in this case the "islands" are those who insist on this concept of "first apperance", and who wants to use words arbitrarily and out of context. Roy (Beastfeast) was just giving an uncalled for harsh reply, but what he means is clear.

John Donne was surely right, but unfortunately we suffer the consequences of modern philosophical thought, which he couldn’t have imagined, so blame Hegel for this lack of communication.

I didn't mean it to be necessarily harsh. "How I see it" is not exactly the best phrase to use in a debate...especially one like this.

That's become clear.

I didn't mean it to be necessarily harsh. "How I see it" is not exactly the best phrase to use in a debate...especially one like this.

I know you probably weren’t – I was just trying to meet him halfway as we were slipping into "unreasonabliness"… :)

"How I see it" could have been a good and working phrase in less self-centric times.

Less than a day away, and I come back to 4-5 pages of pure drivel . . . :sick: Anything heating up? hm

No kidding, complete nerdy sunken chest thumpin' battle.

Why do internet people feel the need to do this publicly.

What a silly waste of time.

Did sell a DC Comics Presents #41 in 9.8 for $133 USD a while ago.

1st new look Wonder Woman.

There, I've contributed to this thread in it's true context.

Not sure it's heating up, but it's a sleeper book.

I'm not trying to be rude but you might be stuck in the past a bit. If you don't deal in new material than how can you be informed about the ever changing comic collectible market? Maybe your definition of a first appearance is simply....um...dated.

Mr. Ween, aside from all this ongoing discussion, this is either an unintelligent remark or you have to explain what you mean by "dated".

It’s not that because I start calling a thing differently than it is, that it changes reality. That’s also the illusion behind a good deal of false reasoning today.

RMA may be occasionally "exasperating" in his argumentations, but he is absolutely right here.

I don't need to know what came out this week to know that the definition of a "first appearance" in the context of comic books is based on reason, and has been around since the beginning of comics fandom.

"My" definition of a first appearance isn't dated, it's just accurate, and based on context.

Precisely. (thumbs u

The point is that RMA dismisses a book like Gwenpool's first appearance because it doesn't suit his argument and then claims ignorance because he doesn't deal in new comics. I realize this is a copper thread but damn, some of you guys can't actually admit that even Overstreet describes a first appearance as one that occurs anywhere. ANYWHERE. RMA asked for an example, I gave him a clear one. I'm not sure what more some of you Copperheads need to see. By the way, John Donne is dated too. How do I know this? Because when I'm banging the GF and the throes of passion inspire me to spout the erotic verse of Donne she tells me to shut the fk up and c*m on her face, something infinity sexier and absolutely more modern.

Overstreet?

Listen, Hitler with his approach changed how Germany felt and thought, according to his feelings, but this did not make him a reasonable or balanced person. And a huge number of people luckily realized that already at the time within Germany as well.

I have no problem in agreeing that a character appeared FIRST in an ad, an article or whatever, they just aren’t "first apperances" as long as comics stories go, simply because they are anticipations of the thing in itself.

No kidding, complete nerdy sunken chest thumpin' battle.

Why do internet people feel the need to do this publicly.

What a silly waste of time.

Did sell a DC Comics Presents #41 in 9.8 for $133 USD a while ago.

1st new look Wonder Woman.

There, I've contributed to this thread in it's true context.

Not sure it's heating up, but it's a sleeper book.

Listen I'll be the first to apologize but I also haven't seen anyone post any copper heaters to derail my partially tongue-in-cheek diatribe.

That's become clear.

Why was it harsh?

Was it true? Yes, Ween's attempt to make ads become actual appearances, contrary to long established comic collecting history and tradition, while certainly an interesting opinion, isn't going to gain traction (unless we lose all reason, which is certainly possible.) So, how he "sees" ads isn't relevant.

Are we that wussified that plain spoken, unadorned truth is "uncalled for" and "harsh"...?

Yes.

I'm not trying to be rude but you might be stuck in the past a bit. If you don't deal in new material than how can you be informed about the ever changing comic collectible market? Maybe your definition of a first appearance is simply....um...dated.

Mr. Ween, aside from all this ongoing discussion, this is either an unintelligent remark or you have to explain what you mean by "dated".

It’s not that because I start calling a thing differently than it is, that it changes reality. That’s also the illusion behind a good deal of false reasoning today.

RMA may be occasionally "exasperating" in his argumentations, but he is absolutely right here.

I don't need to know what came out this week to know that the definition of a "first appearance" in the context of comic books is based on reason, and has been around since the beginning of comics fandom.

"My" definition of a first appearance isn't dated, it's just accurate, and based on context.

Precisely. (thumbs u

The point is that RMA dismisses a book like Gwenpool's first appearance because it doesn't suit his argument and then claims ignorance because he doesn't deal in new comics. I realize this is a copper thread but damn, some of you guys can't actually admit that even Overstreet describes a first appearance as one that occurs anywhere. ANYWHERE. RMA asked for an example, I gave him a clear one. I'm not sure what more some of you Copperheads need to see. By the way, John Donne is dated too. How do I know this? Because when I'm banging the GF and the throes of passion inspire me to spout the erotic verse of Donne she tells me to shut the fk up and c*m on her face, something infinity sexier and absolutely more modern.

Woah. I'm speechless for once. Bravo, sir! :golfclap:

Edited by Dungeon 2.0

I'm only "exasperating" to those who don't like to be disagreed with.

Untrue some just believe less is more.

And for many, "less is confusion." "Lengthiness" isn't an issue for people who believe in things being clear, accurate, and understandable. It's only an issue for people who think it's hard work to read a few paragraphs, and want everything reduced to easily digestable sound bites. "Easily digestable sound bites" leads to easy misunderstanding and non-comprehension.

God forbid, we should ever read anything longer than a tweet.

:ohnoez:

But, as usual "the way I express myself rules, the way you express yourself sucks."

Now Now you understood the point. It was just subtle jab. :baiting:

well with the newer JL Dark announcement, one might expect Swamp Thing 49 and 50 to heat a bit more

I sure as hell hope so. I RE-subbed two ST #49s and they STILL got 9.6s.

(But I did manage to get a 9.8, too. ;) )

Yes. The dregs of the comic book universe... those copper people.

Just trying to get a line in your signature area. :)

You'd have to say something that you believed was true...

:D

"Han shot first."

:whistle:

Oh, don't start, man! You have no argument here! lol

Han shot first. I win I win I win! :acclaim:

Edit: AND I made it into the sig. line! :acclaim:

Edited by Dungeon 2.0

That's become clear.

Why was it harsh?

Was it true? Yes, Ween's attempt to make ads become actual appearances, contrary to long established comic collecting history and tradition, while certainly an interesting opinion, isn't going to gain traction (unless we lose all reason, which is certainly possible.) So, how he "sees" ads isn't relevant.

Are we that wussified that plain spoken, unadorned truth is "uncalled for" and "harsh"...?

Yes.

I like how you only mention ads here and not previews.

Edited by MrWeen