• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Well seeing as it was a clip on a late night talk show and not some official trailer I won't make snap judgements. I always thought Bale was a very good Batman and Affleck, of all of the actors who've played the character, can make a good run at it I believe. Looks fine for a few seconds and no context.

I'm not sure it's ever been indicated that Wonder Woman's powers or physical strength has anything to do with whether she weighs 100 pounds or 125 pounds. I mean Wonder Girl was pretty strong I think.

I don't keep up with the dude but I'm pretty sure Affleck is in shape and I'm guessing there is literature specific about that in what I'm guessing is an incredibly lucrative multi-picture deal. Dude was shredded for The Town and they greenlit another Batman fairly quickly.

Warner Bros is banking almost everything on this movie, and it was pushed back a lot, no way they'd have their star not in shape.

Yeah -- Affleck started training for Batman v. Superman before he filmed "Gone Girl," and you can already see how buff he looks in that relative to...any other movie he's done.

There was an interview associated with that movie where the costume lead mentioned having to tell Affleck to please go slower on his working out. He was outgrowing the clothes setup for his role, leading to alterations.

While that price is high those books have sold well for years in almost any grade.

Several years ago a boardie on here tipped me off to that book. I bought 15 copies and around 10 sets of the 1-3. I did very well and sent some cash his way.

It wouldn't matter how many copies you have you can sell this book at all times of the year and in almost any grade. I have been amazed at it.

The Marvel Super Special is the one that is really tough to find. I can sell that book without a picture it sells so well.

The back cover is classic. I might even cut out a back page and have it framed I like it so much.

I remember ordering over 50 copies of the MSS 40 from Mile High web site when he had it at 80 cents per copy. This was around the year 2000 and I flipped them for an average of $35-50 per book back than. After my discount and free shipping it came out to 50 cents a book delivered. Oh the days when Mile High way littered with bargains.

:applause:

Man I haven't even found a copy in a long time now. Yes the days of those big places having deals are harder to find now. They have finally caught up pricing wise.

While that price is high those books have sold well for years in almost any grade.

Several years ago a boardie on here tipped me off to that book. I bought 15 copies and around 10 sets of the 1-3. I did very well and sent some cash his way.

It wouldn't matter how many copies you have you can sell this book at all times of the year and in almost any grade. I have been amazed at it.

The Marvel Super Special is the one that is really tough to find. I can sell that book without a picture it sells so well.

The back cover is classic. I might even cut out a back page and have it framed I like it so much.

I remember ordering over 50 copies of the MSS 40 from Mile High web site when he had it at 80 cents per copy. This was around the year 2000 and I flipped them for an average of $35-50 per book back than. After my discount and free shipping it came out to 50 cents a book delivered. Oh the days when Mile High way littered with bargains.

:applause:

Man I haven't even found a copy in a long time now. Yes the days of those big places having deals are harder to find now. They have finally caught up pricing wise.

Hollywood is remaking another classic. :facepalm:

Edited by MrWeen

Working on a new feature and there still is some stuff left to do but I thought I'd share the progress here:

The latest 35 Copper Age Comics graded CBCS/CGC 9.8 and have sold for more than $200. Enjoy.

Lyria Link

Also filters out the most popular so you don't see the same 3 comics over and over. :eek:

Pls tell me that was only an asking price. I never cared for that series or read it past #11 of so, and if an issue of that stinky mess is almost a grand I might just have to :sick:

Working on a new feature and there still is some stuff left to do but I thought I'd share the progress here:

The latest 35 Copper Age Comics graded CBCS/CGC 9.8 and have sold for more than $200. Enjoy.

Lyria Link

Thanks for this.

I had never seen your site before, there's a lot of good info on there. (thumbs u

Lyria Link

Thanks for this.

I had never seen your site before, there's a lot of good info on there. (thumbs u

:blush:

:foryou:

Pls tell me that was only an asking price. I never cared for that series or read it past #11 of so, and if an issue of that stinky mess is almost a grand I might just have to :sick:

There's a known manufacturing defect with that issue which I believe has been discussed somewhere on this board before which is causing the low 9.8 population. I have personally gone through hundreds of copies of this book even in dealer's overstock from the 90's where they have not been touched. Every single copy had that issue which kinda begs the question on how some copies manage to get the 9.8 grade. If you look at the 9.8 book that was sold, you can clearly see the spine defect.

Edited by Escaflown4

There's a known manufacturing defect with that issue which I believe has been discussed somewhere on this board before which is causing the low 9.8 population. I have personally gone through hundreds of copies of this book even in dealer's overstock from the 90's where they have not been touched. Every single copy had that issue which kinda begs the question on how some copies manage to get the 9.8 grade. If you look at the 9.8 book that was sold, you can clearly see the spine defect.

Yet there are books that have more noticeable defects (Men In Black #1, Outcast #1) that get a 9.8 as well... So, I guess we'll never know.. I keep on pre-screening W#35 each time I find them in the wild in amazing condition and they keep on coming back rejected lol