• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

This is a pretty solid result... the 1992 Gold Digger miniseries (#1-4) finishes at $372.75.

That's borderline modern, but feels sort of copper-y to me...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antarctic-Press-Fred-Perrys-Gold-Digger-1-4-of-4-set-1992-93-see-pics-/191841427594?nma=true&si=GyvoPIUkahK8oWUJvAsLK6GDJME%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

die hard cult following on this series. The original TPBs are pretty hard to find as well..

There are a few Antarctic books that are rare as fkuc that I always have on my bucket list..

Try finding a Robotech: Crystal Dreams at any condition. Good luck

what is the significance of these gold digger books ?

Take a book that's had fans for 25 years, and a first appearance (this mini) with a tiny print run... Factor in attrition and the fact that most surviving copies are probably buried in collections, and it's a recipe for heated bidding.

They are Fred Perry Manga books. I think of Fred Perry and Ben Dunn as the fathers of American Manga. I knew these were hard to find, because I tried to find a #1 for 6 months when Fred was announced at SDCC a couple of years ago. I had no idea that they would blow up price-wise, but there has always been strong demand (from what I could see) for a lot of the early Antarctic Manga stuff.

So I may actually have these (stuffed in a Manga Box in the back of the attic). Looks like time to get some exercise . . . :grin:

Take a book that's had fans for 25 years, and a first appearance (this mini) with a tiny print run... Factor in attrition and the fact that most surviving copies are probably buried in collections, and it's a recipe for heated bidding.

First appearance is in Mangazine.

First appearance is in Mangazine.

IMG00886-20120331-1843.jpg

It was Mangazine #11 :whistle:

Yeah, it would have to be after the original #1. I think that was all Ben Dunn art. Plus I am pretty sure that the 1st Fred Perry work on the mag was v.2 #5. So v.2 #11 could be it. I definitely don't have that. :(

Peter Parker 64 CGC 9.8 (and pretty much every copy) keeps climbing. Looks like a Best Offer was accepted for a 9.8 for $550 and a copy finished at $585 on MyComicShop yesterday. The copy on E-Bay is up to $490 with a day and half to go. My starting estimate was $650 so we will see how it ends. Regardless - finding a nice copy for less then $100 seems to be getting much more difficult.

Sell now, buy back later, lol ....

Could work but something about that book (either its the cover or the characters) makes me think it will be a +$100 book in high grade for some time.