• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

I have about 24 short boxes of adult indie titles waiting to explode - literally

Then you need to go squeeze some out.

The gold digger books of course.

Really though, if you think you have them you'd better go get them. Now. Or I will tell Janet!

Although it may be possible that the bidders were the only ones this crazy for this lot and now that one bidder won and has been satisfied the load you have may not make as much of a splash.

There is definitely a second person willing to pay a bit less.

But will a Third bidder show up to push Bidder Two that high now that Bidder One has his books.

Wait, who;s on first?

This is a pretty solid result... the 1992 Gold Digger miniseries (#1-4) finishes at $372.75.

That's borderline modern, but feels sort of copper-y to me...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antarctic-Press-Fred-Perrys-Gold-Digger-1-4-of-4-set-1992-93-see-pics-/191841427594?nma=true&si=GyvoPIUkahK8oWUJvAsLK6GDJME%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

i would likely pass those books over in a dollar box unless maybe i saw the whole set in nice shape. maybe i would buy #1.

you learn something every day!

I have about 24 short boxes of adult indie titles waiting to explode - literally

Really though, if you think you have them you'd better go get them. Now. Or I will tell Janet!

Although it may be possible that the bidders were the only ones this crazy for this lot and now that one bidder won and has been satisfied the load you have may not make as much of a splash.

But will a Third bidder show up to push Bidder Two that high now that Bidder One has his books.

Wait, who;s on first?

That's why you start the auction at the previous final price. If something is as rare as this seems to be, the runner up may not wait for a deal for another time.

Wait, who;s on first?

That's why you start the auction at the previous final price. If something is as rare as this seems to be, the runner up may not wait for a deal for another time.

+1

BIN with offers accepted has become my preferred way of selling on ebay.

what is the significance of these gold digger books ?

Furries are very, very, very dedicated to their, uh...hobby.

They are Fred Perry Manga books. I think of Fred Perry and Ben Dunn as the fathers of American Manga. I knew these were hard to find, because I tried to find a #1 for 6 months when Fred was announced at SDCC a couple of years ago. I had no idea that they would blow up price-wise, but there has always been strong demand (from what I could see) for a lot of the early Antarctic Manga stuff.

Cult fav artist, scarcity and/or 1st app.'s are my guesses.

But I'd love to hear a concrete answer.

The early Antarctic Press books have the print run for the issue in the indica. Usually between 1000 to 2000 were produced. Inaddtion, most of the early Antartic Press comics were considered adult and not many LCS ordered copies.

Edited by juggernaut

The early Antartic Press books have the print run for the issue in the indica. Usually between 1000 to 2000 were produced. Inaddtion, most of the early Antartic Press comics were considered adult and not many LCS ordered copies.

There are lots of rare little indies worth squat though, there's got to be some demand to the equation. I guess there are a few neckbeards trying to complete their runs then (shrug)

The early Antartic Press books have the print run for the issue in the indica. Usually between 1000 to 2000 were produced. Inaddtion, most of the early Antartic Press comics were considered adult and not many LCS ordered copies.

There are lots of rare little indies worth squat though, there's got to be some demand to the equation. I guess there are a few neckbeards trying to complete their runs then (shrug)

It's the manga / Final Fantasy crowd that is into these books. I don't know much about the market, but from trying to track them down, they are legitimately tough books. AP used to be super up front about print runs, so I wouldn't be surprised if it were well known that there were only 3000 or 5000 made.

As mentioned earlier, Fred Perry, Ben Dunn & Steven Gallacci (Gold Digger, Furrlough, Albedo, Ninja High School, Warrior Nun Areala) have a cult following.

Of course there are lots of forgotten, short-lived indies with small print runs. But how many worthless rare indies have had an ongoing series for the past 23 years?

http://www.comics.org/series/name/gold%20digger/sort/alpha/

I hate manga, but that's still impressive. Even Marvel can barely sustain a title for more than a few months now. :kidaround:

It's the manga / Final Fantasy crowd that is into these books. I don't know much about the market, but from trying to track them down, they are legitimately tough books. AP used to be super up front about print runs, so I wouldn't be surprised if it were well known that there were only 3000 or 5000 made.

I'm part of the Final Fantasy crowd and i'm not into these :makepoint: