• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Hard to consider prestige format books like Omega Men 3 bronze.

As for NTT, I know years-wise under the revised definition it is bronz, but given that it is a title that ushered in and defined the copper age hard to call it bronze. Made the old 1980 up definition of copper a lot more palatable because there was a big title #1 sitting right there in 1980.

Interestingly enough, I don't have a hard time calling the whole Byrne run on X-Men bronze. It is a nebulous definition.

With marvel Secret Wars is considered to have ushered in the copper age in 1984. But I've also heard it was the Wolverine mini series. Hard to imagine a 4 year difference between the two companies. Ebay does state 1984+ though for copper. And this thread is titled Selling well on eBay 2c

Transition points leading to what we know today as the Copper Age

It was much more than just a single comic book or series leading to the Copper Age.

Isn't Omega 3 (1983) and NTT (1980) Bronze age still? Or did DC's copper age start earlier than marvel?

hard to pin-point an event/book that began the Copper-age, but NTT 1 is widely regarded as a defining moment that helped usher in the era. But yes, I believe DC's entry into the CA pre-dates Marvel's entry

but opinions will vary on these topics....

yup - lots of opinions on the beginning of the Copper age

I'm going with 1984+ for both Marvel and DC imho

Stop drinking the remixed Kool-Aid. 1984 is way too late.

As for NTT, I know years-wise under the revised definition it is bronz, but given that it is a title that ushered in and defined the copper age hard to call it bronze. Made the old 1980 up definition of copper a lot more palatable because there was a big title #1 sitting right there in 1980.

Interestingly enough, I don't have a hard time calling the whole Byrne run on X-Men bronze. It is a nebulous definition.

With marvel Secret Wars is considered to have ushered in the copper age in 1984. But I've also heard it was the Wolverine mini series. Hard to imagine a 4 year difference between the two companies. Ebay does state 1984+ though for copper. And this thread is titled Selling well on eBay 2c

Transition points leading to what we know today as the Copper Age

It was much more than just a single comic book or series leading to the Copper Age.

Thanks for the link. Some good reading. :)

Isn't Omega 3 (1983) and NTT (1980) Bronze age still? Or did DC's copper age start earlier than marvel?

hard to pin-point an event/book that began the Copper-age, but NTT 1 is widely regarded as a defining moment that helped usher in the era. But yes, I believe DC's entry into the CA pre-dates Marvel's entry

but opinions will vary on these topics....

yup - lots of opinions on the beginning of the Copper age

I'm going with 1984+ for both Marvel and DC imho

Stop drinking the remixed Kool-Aid. 1984 is way too late.

Still got the other thread to read. But if we are calling a thread "Copper's on Ebay" then it should go with Ebay's guidelines right? :baiting: Not to mention OPG/Wiki

. But if we are calling a thread "Copper's on Ebay" then it should go with Ebay's guidelines right? :baiting: Not to mention OPG/Wiki

God, no.

Read the other thread. I might go with 1982, but not 1980. Deathstroke is bronze age

Don't need to. I've had this argument for a decade here. Nobody should care what eBay thinks is Copper...when did they become an authority...? And Wiki can be edited by anyone.

The reality with the Bronze/Copper transition is that it was a transition. NTT is solidly copper, from DC Presents #26 (1980) on. Deathstroke is most assuredly a Copper creation.

Meanwhile, Dark Phoenix and Days of Future Past? The last glory of the Bronze age. The Wolverine mini is, in my opinion, a Bronze book...but DD, of course, is Copper from the moment Miller started writing (#168)

Batman was a Bronze title until 1987, with Year One.

Superman was Bronze until Byrne took over in 1986.

Wonder Woman until 1987. Flash until 1987. Justice League? 1987, although the case can be made for JLA as far back as issue #200.

Avengers is Copper relatively soon....the case can be made for Byrne's run starting with #181 (1979.)

She-Hulk? Copper all the way. Cap? Bronze until you get to Zeck's run in the 260s. Rom has a Bronze feel until issue #47. Spidey is Bronze until #252, though the case can be made for #238...1984 and 1983, respectively. Swamp Thing, of course, was Copper from issue #20...1984.

It's very much a transition period, with no one title or issue being the definitive change, like Conan #1 or GL #76.

What we can say for sure is this: in 1980, most of the comics industry was still "Bronze." By 1984, most of the comics industry was "Copper." Anything else is quite subjective.

Quote:

What we can say for sure is this: in 1980, most of the comics industry was still "Bronze." By 1984, most of the comics industry was "Copper." Anything else is quite subjective.

----------------------------

I totally agree

. But if we are calling a thread "Copper's on Ebay" then it should go with Ebay's guidelines right? :baiting: Not to mention OPG/Wiki

God, no.

Read the other thread. I might go with 1982, but not 1980. Deathstroke is bronze age

Don't need to. I've had this argument for a decade here. Nobody should care what eBay thinks is Copper...when did they become an authority...? And Wiki can be edited by anyone.

The reality with the Bronze/Copper transition is that it was a transition. NTT is solidly copper, from DC Presents #26 (1980) on. Deathstroke is most assuredly a Copper creation.

Meanwhile, Dark Phoenix and Days of Future Past? The last glory of the Bronze age. The Wolverine mini is, in my opinion, a Bronze book...but DD, of course, is Copper from the moment Miller started writing (#168)

Batman was a Bronze title until 1987, with Year One.

Superman was Bronze until Byrne took over in 1986.

Wonder Woman until 1987. Flash until 1987. Justice League? 1987, although the case can be made for JLA as far back as issue #200.

Avengers is Copper relatively soon....the case can be made for Byrne's run starting with #181 (1979.)

She-Hulk? Copper all the way. Cap? Bronze until you get to Zeck's run in the 260s. Rom has a Bronze feel until issue #47. Spidey is Bronze until #252, though the case can be made for #238...1984 and 1983, respectively. Swamp Thing, of course, was Copper from issue #20...1984.

It's very much a transition period, with no one title or issue being the definitive change, like Conan #1 or GL #76.

Meant to say "I" read the other thread. ..... You have a lot of good points I agree with. Especially about marvel

Borderline Baxter (like Ronin), not Prestige (like TDKR)

Fine. At the time the paper seemed fancy. Camelot 3000 isn't bronze either!

Meant to say "I" read the other thread. ..... You have a lot of good points I agree with. Especially about marvel

So much was going on over even a few years it makes sense to factor it all in as a transition period due to shifts in creative direction, themes and even market distribution. That's what makes it such a cool period in comic book history.

So much was going on over even a few years it makes sense to factor it all in as a transition period due to shifts in creative direction, themes and even market distribution. That's what makes it such a cool period in comic book history.

(thumbs u

Yup. Good times.

I'm the same as above posters - despite overlapping time frames, I think of the whole NTT run as Copper, and the whole Byrne/Claremont X-Men run as running to the end of bronze.

Transition.