• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Marvel Comics Presents 72.. Wolverine Weapon X anthology Disney+ series rumor 

It’s been undervalued too long. Only a $15 book with such importance and a narly BWS cover should be at least $30-40 minimum. Only thing that hurts it- is that it’s in the MCP title. If this were in the Wolverine title I could see it being a less abundant but more solid seller like OML

Edited by littledoom

20 hours ago, BanjerD said:

Another interesting fact about Wendy and Richard Pini, they met through Marvel fan mail!

From the letters section of Silver Surfer 5, one note was written from a very young articulate teenager in 1969 called Wendy Fletcher in California.  Another young student at MIT on the east coast, Richard Pini, saw Wendy's letter and wrote to her -starting a long-distance correspondence that lasted a few years.  Wendy and Richard later met and eventually married in 1972.  They later self-published and launched one of the most successful independent comics; "ElfQuest" in 1978.  ElfQuest went on to be one of the only comics published independently, as well as by the "big 3" Marvel, DC and Dark Horse.

SS5.jpg.a74da807396efa875c5dc90f9a3f8a12.jpg

Pini_leter.jpg.e8db1121e22d8d967534f484d2363cb5.jpg

wild how actual addresses used to be put in these things (this was a PO box at least), nobody thought about stalkers and such (Wendi was 17 at the time...Richard was was 18 at least!)

2 hours ago, littledoom said:

It’s been undervalued too long. Only a $15 book with such importance and a narly BWS cover should be at least $30-40 minimum. Only thing that hurts it- is that it’s in the MCP title. If this were in the Wolverine title I could see it being a less abundant but more solid seller like OML

quantity quantity quantity, I guess, although that doesn't seem to matter. in 9.8, which I am guessing is not a terribly hard grade for this heavily printed book, it is in the $300s (current auction is at $357 with 2 hours to go). I wonder if the same person bought like 20 copies on April 14?

1 hour ago, the blob said:

wild how actual addresses used to be put in these things (this was a PO box at least), nobody thought about stalkers and such (Wendi was 17 at the time...Richard was 18 at least!)

Since they're famous, their birthdates are easy to find.  They're 10.5 months apart - she's June 4, 1951 and he's July 19, 1950.

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

Just picked up Elfquest 2.  first print because of Red Sonja!

:gossip: I have a nice run of Elfquest over in my thread in mixed, Fantasy Q has already sold though 

On 4/10/2021 at 9:14 PM, divad said:

It's been over 3 months, since I've posted any sales, and we all know what the market has been doing in that period :insane:

That’s an awesome book! 1st appearance of Abe Sapien, a major Hellboy universe character. Those Hellboy stories are awesome! Highly recommended reading

21 hours ago, valiantman said:

Since they're famous, their birthdates are easy to find.  They're 10.5 months apart - she's June 4, 1951 and he's July 19, 1950.

How do you think I came up with their ages?

4 minutes ago, the blob said:
21 hours ago, valiantman said:

How do you think I came up with their ages?

You said "Wendy was 17 at the time... Richard was 18 at least!"  as if there was some chance it was a dangerous age difference.  They were both 17 for a month-and-a-half, it's not creepy.

Edited by valiantman

2 minutes ago, valiantman said:

You said "Wendy was 17 at the time... Richard was 18 at least!"  as if there was some chance it was a dangerous age difference.  They were both 17 for a month-and-a-half, it's not creepy.

In most states 18 and 17 is fine. Romeo and juliet laws.

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

The "at least" was meant to be "at least he was 18".. Not that he could have been 18, 28, 67...

3 hours ago, the blob said:
3 hours ago, the blob said:

The "at least" was meant to be "at least he was 18".. Not that he could have been 18, 28, 67...

That's a much better wording. :foryou:

Just now, littledoom said:

Marvel Comics Presents 1 also selling well.. now is probably not the time to list but to wait for prices to climb

More good news, just pulled one out of the dollar bin last weekend 

13 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Marvel Comics Presents 1 also selling well.. now is probably not the time to list but to wait for prices to climb

Very interesting.  

Cool book, but not one I'd expect to be of interest. 

Concerning Wolverine 1, that book has seesawed many times since it came out.   I hope it gets some real love because it's too low for some time. 

Patrick

Maybe MCP 1 is selling because people FINALLY realize it has an awesome Simonson cover? I had a promo poster of that cover as a kid, hang on my wall for many years. Love Uncle Walt!