• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,871 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2024 at 6:18 AM, 1Cool said:

Ties into the new Deadpool movie and copies have been selling for up to $50!  It's always done pretty well because of the cover but it's getting it's quick moment in the sun so sell now!

Fantastic scene in the movie.

On 8/12/2024 at 3:07 PM, kimik said:

I can remember when X-Men #251 hit the stands as a kid. It was one of the covers I bought multiples of as it was so cool. Too bad I did not hold onto those newsstand copies until now.

I remember a few people disapproved of the cover due to the similarities to the crucifixion of Christ. Didn't stop me buying it off the newsstand when I was a kid either xD I just pulled my copy out and re-bagged & boarded it. Keys get the VIP treatment. It's consistently selling for well over $40 US. If you've got duplicates you should definitely cash them in.

A surprise rise which is slight annoying for me is Death's Head #1 1988 UK. It sells for $20 AUD now. Back in 2021 I sold it as part of a bulk lot for basically $1.50. Graded 9.8s are going for $300+ US too

Edited by MattrixAlien

On 8/18/2024 at 6:39 PM, MattrixAlien said:

I remember a few people disapproved of the cover due to the similarities to the crucifixion of Christ. Didn't stop me buying it off the newsstand when I was a kid either xD I just pulled my copy out and re-bagged & boarded it. Keys get the VIP treatment. It's consistently selling for well over $40 US. If you've got duplicates you should definitely cash them in.

Agreed. Controversy never hurts sales. lol 

I know it is a bronze age magazine, but my favourite cover along those lines is still this one. A fantastic cover by Boris Vallejo, and a great Conan story as well. Savage Sword was the best value for your reading dollar all time IMHO.

Savage Sword of Conan #5

Edited by kimik

On 8/27/2024 at 8:44 AM, comicartfan said:

Not sure what's going on with Swamp Thing as of late. Between eBay and the con I did last week, I sold about a dozen Swamp Thing issues. Not just Wrightson, but the Allan Moore stuff too. 

hm

On 8/27/2024 at 10:44 AM, comicartfan said:

Not sure what's going on with Swamp Thing as of late. Between eBay and the con I did last week, I sold about a dozen Swamp Thing issues. Not just Wrightson, but the Allan Moore stuff too. 

Its the same for Alf for me when I do shows. I literally sell out of Alf every show I do. I have even up'ed the price and it didn't matter. I asked a buyer this last show because I don't sell them as well online. He told me his wife was a huge fan so he buys them in nice grade whenever he can find them. Guy before him bought some for his kids to read because they think Alf's funny.

Edited by fastballspecial

On 9/2/2024 at 1:06 AM, fastballspecial said:

Its the same for Alf for me when I do shows. I literally sell out of Alf every show I do. I have even up'ed the price and it didn't matter. I asked a buyer this last show because I don't sell them as well online. He told me his wife was a huge fan so he buys them in nice grade whenever he can find them. Guy before him bought some for his kids to read because they think Alf's funny.

Here's my childhood copy of Alf #1. It's a funny book with multiple puns every page like comic strips. There's several sales on eBay upwards of 20 / 30 bucks AUD. Maybe nostalgia is randomly kicking in for the TV show about the humorous cat eating furry alien? As a news stand copy purchased in Australia there is an AUD price & month of sale number in black grease pencil on it.

20240903_122635.thumb.jpg.273dade038777efbc00d520050333922.jpg

Edited by MattrixAlien