• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doesn't look like I will have to sell comics for a while.

30 posts in this topic

It has been a bit of a struggle for a while, but I found a nice position with a major medical provider as an analyst . Turns out my stint as a banker for a large bank that paid little and the hours were horrible paid off. As some may know I left that position for a firm (using laser scanners and 3d modeling)promising more money and 10-15 hrs a week of overtime so I would have that extra income as well. It didn't work out as the company lost their Intel contract and they relied solely on it for work (I found out they were turning down work at the time).

I was also offered a position with a insurance company today as well which is funny.

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone for buying books off of me and I may have one more since I start on the 28th of this month.

It has been a bit of a struggle for a while, but I found a nice position with a major medical provider as an analyst . Turns out my stint as a banker for a large bank that paid little and the hours were horrible paid off. As some may know I left that position for a firm (using laser scanners and 3d modeling)promising more money and 10-15 hrs a week of overtime so I would have that extra income as well. It didn't work out as the company lost their Intel contract and they relied solely on it for work (I found out they were turning down work at the time).

I always found it amazing how the little twists and turns in life work out. Sometimes the most seemingly useless experiences become invaluable down the road.

Lousie went through a similar experience. She started down one career path as an underwriter and for various reasons, some within her control and some beyond, she strayed from her original career path and followed various forks in the road, all of which were unrelated. Amazingly enough, it ended up being exactly the experience she needed to land the job of her dreams. She literally applied for one job but when HR got wind of her experience they head hunted her and handed her an entirely different job.

Had she not pushed through some of those jobs that she would have avoided she could never be where she is now. Even through the tough times there is always a reason why.

Congrats, Brian!

:golfclap:

I was also offered a position with a insurance company today as well which is funny.

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone for buying books off of me and I may have one more since I start on the 28th of this month.

Hope all turns out well for you!

Since 2007, I have read literally HUNDREDS of accounts similar to this. Many Americans and Canooks have been under siege, trying to maintain gainful employment.

No one asked for any advice from me re: tough economic situations, but I will leave a tidbit anyway:

SAVE SAVE SAVE. Enough to where you have NO DEBT, exception being a home, and create a financial base that pays YOU money per month. Keep that moster growing , and then when the Employer finds the way to eliminate your job, you won't be scrambling and panicked.

The workforce is going to CONTRACT more during the next two decades. The Governments know it, the major Employers know it, and the Universities know it. Plan accordingly.

CAL who maintains his cash cow monster...

Actually I have savings. I refused to touch it in case of an emergency. Comics can be replaced so I sold them to cover my day to living expenses. Last thing I wanted to do was take anything away from the family. My sales here and on ebay paid for car repairs, christmas for the family, mortgage, amongst other things.

Hope all turns out well for you!

Since 2007, I have read literally HUNDREDS of accounts similar to this. Many Americans and Canooks have been under siege, trying to maintain gainful employment.

No one asked for any advice from me re: tough economic situations, but I will leave a tidbit anyway:

SAVE SAVE SAVE. Enough to where you have NO DEBT, exception being a home, and create a financial base that pays YOU money per month. Keep that moster growing , and then when the Employer finds the way to eliminate your job, you won't be scrambling and panicked.

The workforce is going to CONTRACT more during the next two decades. The Governments know it, the major Employers know it, and the Universities know it. Plan accordingly.

CAL who maintains his cash cow monster...

Cal I have done just that last year.I paid off everything except my home,still have 15 years on that.but credit cards,my two autos,and any bills paid off.NO DEBT!yes