• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just read Superior Spider-Man 1...

149 posts in this topic

So did anyone else read the actual book?

No. The rest of us are way to clever to fall for the House of Stupid Ideas' newest ruse.

I guess that's a nice way of calling me stupid for reading the book lol Thanks Dice :foryou:

I was trying not to be rude by using the word "clever," but yeah. :whee:

Deny it all you want but i know you bought ASM 700

atie-86er-flushes-his-asm-700.jpg

I love that the poster about has the ASM 700 in the toilet protected in a board and bag, and no water touching it. Reminds me of the office episode where Michael said he wasn't have money problems and to prove it he took a 20 dollar bill from his pocket, showed it to the employees then crumbled it in his hand, then put it back in his pocket. Let's see the same picture with ASM 700 out of the bag/board, submerged in water. Maybe add a few rips for effect.

What does it matter if its called SSM or ASM (from a story perspective)? Those that read SSM 1 and saw the last page i think it's very clear that "the current state of events" isn't going to last. Remember, nothing physical of Peter Parker is dead. His body, brain physically still exist. He's just "lost his mind" lol. The same cant be said for doc Ock....his physical body is being chewed on by maggots at this point.

The story has me interested. It's entertainment. Slott has been very good with his ASM writting. Ends of the Earth was pretty badass.

I love that the poster about has the ASM 700 in the toilet protected in a board and bag, and no water touching it. Reminds me of the office episode where Michael said he wasn't have money problems and to prove it he took a 20 dollar bill from his pocket, showed it to the employees then crumbled it in his hand, then put it back in his pocket. Let's see the same picture with ASM 700 out of the bag/board, submerged in water. Maybe add a few rips for effect.

That's actually not mine, i found it on google images. I would never deface a comic like that.

That's actually not mine, i found it on google images. I would never deface a comic like that.

Whereas I don't put things into the toilet that I ever plan on touching again. lol

If this were a story mixed in a run and not part of 700 and a new #1, I think people would like this story a lot more. It seems to be more of a linear arc than a change in the status quo (though I know that's not a surprise). I'll admit, I'm upset it seems they rendered #700 almost entirely irrelevant almost immediately, but it's definitely something I'm looking forward to, at least for now.

Is it me or cant Dan Slot answer a question seriously?

It seems he is talking down to everyone who disagrees with him

Agreed. My thoughts on the story aside, just watching that video made me want to slap him silly. I had a hard time taking him seriously at all.

Yes i'll admit that it was fun and the last page does change everything.

No it wasn't and the last page 'twist' was about as unexpected as a drunk on New Year's Eve - but slightly less original.