• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just read Superior Spider-Man 1...

149 posts in this topic

That spoiler was about what I would have expected. Pretty predictable.

I can't say I'm upset I ended my ASM run at 700. That's 3.99 a month I can put towards SA and BA instead. Modern comics are making it easier and easier for people like me to make that call.

+1

I still have a few Image titles that I enjoy, but to be completely honest...

Make mine Marvel...Silver/Bronze to be more precise.

wow, so the first 2 posts liked it, the rest hate it....still not looking though i'm certainly curious. Maybe it translates better when you see the artwork.

I'm not saying I liked it all that much, but it certainly is better than what I thought we were in store for. I'm surprised Slott went with something like this so soon. I agree with most on here that a move like this was rather predictable. I don't know if I'll be picking this up monthly, but I do want to see how things end up.

well i did take a peak at the spoiler....

they could soak that for a couple years...i'm guessing when he died in ocs body his soul rubber banded back to his body. Unless it's his memories that are taking control. Seems a tad bit early to be letting such a large cat out of the bag, but interested where it goes from here.

If you have complete run to 700,you know they will put the damn Superior thing back to Amazing Spider-Man like at 750.Then I'll have to get all the back issues. doh!

I used to think the same way, but this is the last straw for me. I'm tired of the gimmicks, I'm tired of the renumbering over and over again, I'm tired of lazy storytelling, and I'm tired of paying more and more for new issues and getting less and less enjoyment out of it (this rant can be cut and pasted for any number of other Marvel/DC books over the last couple of years). I mean, for the price it cost me to get ASM 698-700, I could have ordered any of the Amazing Spider-Man Essential editions (if I didn't have them already) and gotten almost 20X the story material with something I actually enjoy reading.

I thought that sticking with the title through embarrassments like OMD and Sins Past meant I'd keep getting the title no matter what -- but enough just feels like enough. A few issues are left for me to finish a complete ASM run from 1-700 -- that's going to matter a lot more to me than anything that I could go back and get afterward,

wow, so the first 2 posts liked it, the rest hate it....still not looking though i'm certainly curious. Maybe it translates better when you see the artwork.

Here is the actual page in spoiler tags but it wasn't just the last page, it was a fun read all the way through. I knew it would get this reaction after i posted the spoiler and to be honest i probably would have reacted the same way had i not read the whole book.

SuperiorSpider-Man001-23_zps898c1097.jpg

That spoiler was about what I would have expected. Pretty predictable.

I can't say I'm upset I ended my ASM run at 700. That's 3.99 a month I can put towards SA and BA instead. Modern comics are making it easier and easier for people like me to make that call.

Correction.

Marvel and DC.

Image is doing just fine. (thumbs u