• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official eBay Drank My Milkshake Thread

433 posts in this topic

you cant blame me for this one dicht told me to comment on this thread if I had ebay comments....

you cant blame me for this one dicht told me to comment on this thread if I had ebay comments....

Sycophant.

-slym

be a non Ditch sycophant at your own peril. Thats like blowing off Darkseid.

eBay has been drinking my milkshake a lot in the past few weeks. Mainly through the calculated postage feature.

I've been weighing the products, packaged and then putting the weight and measurements into the system. Then when I get to the post office, the actual costs are way more.

I've revised most of my items now and increased the weight. Which gave me some accurate pricing with the items I shipped yesterday. But I took a big hit the fortnight before that. :sumo:

you're doing it wrong -- if you buy the postage at home and print it on your printer, you get a very nice discount. This is also true of the regular USPS website although the discount is identical AND then you would have to enter the tracking information manually (in other words-- why bother?)

I print my own postage labels and let my mail carrier do the picking up--- you can schedule a pick up from your regular mail run (FREE) if you have anything priority mail or above-- and they will take the rest of your packages at that time (as long as it doesn't require another truck). Small ones you can put in your mailbox itself. If all I have is media mail-- I leave a note to please pick up the pakages from my front door and leave them by my door out of the elements.

going to the post office is the choice of last resort and a complete waste of time/gas/effort imo.

last point-- you can also order supplies like priority mail packaging for FREE and they deliver it to your house.

You believe this guy?

http://www.ebay.ca/usr/kidclov3r

Puts a comic signed by the situation at 0.99 auction. I win obviously because who else is going to pay money for a comic signed by the situation?

And he says "oh I can't ship to you" when it ended at $15.

So yeah. Avoid. Upset.

Sell me your Situation signed comics for $60 plus postage (thumbs u

Ok, here we go...

A buyer with 13 feedback just bought a few early 200 ASM's from me.

He waited until the last day to pay. With his payment there was a note which reads:

"hi i was wondering i have spiderman 203 would u be able to take it off or change it for 202 or 206 or something of similar value"

I'm thinking

A) why did you bid on it in the first place if you already have it and

B) why not ask me to cancel your bid or send a note requesting it be removed instead of paying first and then asking me to remove or 'swap' it out

Any advice on how to handle this? No way am I swapping it for something else and then have the guy come back and say he never received his item...

Just say that you are obligated to send him the item that he won or you could potentially be in worse shape if you don't. The rules are in place to protect both the buyer and seller, he should understand this. On top of it all, it's his mistake, he has to own up to that. 2c

^^ Follow the rules or you put yourself in jeopardy. Other than non-paying bidders (which are the scum of the earth... ok, maybe not that bad), I've never had any problems despite doing several things that I should not have.

But, now that I understand the rules a more, I wouldn't risk it.

Hello ebay detectives,

I'm currently winning an auction, there have been 2 other bidders. The first bidder with 0 feedback has 84% bids with this seller, 10 on another auction of his, 1 on this and 2 on another seller.

The other bidder also with 0 feedback has 100% bids with this seller, his only 24 bids are on this auction.

Is there anything I can do to determine if this is a schill or just a new member?

eBay has been drinking my milkshake a lot in the past few weeks. Mainly through the calculated postage feature.

I've been weighing the products, packaged and then putting the weight and measurements into the system. Then when I get to the post office, the actual costs are way more.

I've revised most of my items now and increased the weight. Which gave me some accurate pricing with the items I shipped yesterday. But I took a big hit the fortnight before that. :sumo:

you're doing it wrong -- if you buy the postage at home and print it on your printer, you get a very nice discount. This is also true of the regular USPS website although the discount is identical AND then you would have to enter the tracking information manually (in other words-- why bother?)

I print my own postage labels and let my mail carrier do the picking up--- you can schedule a pick up from your regular mail run (FREE) if you have anything priority mail or above-- and they will take the rest of your packages at that time (as long as it doesn't require another truck). Small ones you can put in your mailbox itself. If all I have is media mail-- I leave a note to please pick up the pakages from my front door and leave them by my door out of the elements.

going to the post office is the choice of last resort and a complete waste of time/gas/effort imo.

last point-- you can also order supplies like priority mail packaging for FREE and they deliver it to your house.

100% great advice.

Well, it finally happened.

Looks like I stand a good chance of losing my Top Rated Seller Status due to a buyer leaving inappropriate/malicious DSR ratings.

I was notified that I was 'in danger' of losing my Top Rated Seller Status on my April evaluation. When I looked into it, I discovered it was because I had received several low DSR scores for shipping and handling.

I knew it could have only come from a very small group of buyers (5) so I messaged them stating that I would be blocking them as someone had left me a malicious DSR scores.

Most replied it sucked but they understood but one thing they all had in common, was that they all were pleased with their buys and each buyer stated it was not them who left the poor DSR scores.

A fellow boardie told me how to run a DSR report. Lo and behold one of the two buyers who was the most annoyed with me blocking them and my reason for it was the one who left me ALL the bad DSR's. He left me positive feedback for 5 of the 6 items he bought but only ONE star for each item on shipping and handling.

I shipped this buyer within my home province, 6 books for a total of $10 that included tracking and insurance. How does that merit a one star DSR for shipping and handling?

I am working with eBay to try to resolve the issue but it is a nightmare. They really don't know what they are doing, I have been bounced from department to department, but I finally think I have the right area to go to now. I even contacted the buyer to see if it was an accident and to see if he would help me get the low DSR's removed, but he has not replied. No real surprise there. I hope eBay will come through as I have also reported this buyer for malicious intent, but I won't hold my breath.

I have since contacted the other buyers, stated I knew it was not any of them who left the poor scores, thanked them for their understanding and offered them each a $5 discount on the next item(s) they win from me. They were all cool with it and one of them has even just recently bought more from me.

SO, I have just leared how difficult it is to deal with eBay "customer support" and how easy it is to get knocked off a Top Rated Seller perch. Oh, and people might want to consider blocking buyer out_of_my_mind

I am not a super high volume seller. Bronze Level Power Seller.

I am not super clear on how this whole thing works but I think to maintain Top Rated Seller Status, you have to maintain Top Rated Status in each and every DSR category per evaluation cycle. Those 5 low scores, brought me down to a 'standard' level for the shipping and handling DSR.

SO, what my Seller Dashboard is showing me is that my projected "level" for my next evaluation, because of those scores will be "Above Standard".

This is what it shows on my dashboard, performance to date:

Item as Described: 0 low ratings out of 368

Communication: 0 low ratings out of 368

Shipping Time: 0 low ratings out of 368

Shipping and handling charges: 5 low ratings out of 368

So, yeah, out of that many transactions, I am getting "dumped" it seems, unless eBay can reverse it...

That sucks man. And the miscreant still wanted to do business with you even though you were 'so bad'....post his id so we can ALL block him

That sucks man. And the miscreant still wanted to do business with you even though you were 'so bad'....post his id so we can ALL block him

Thanks. The buyer is in my original post, but I will GLADLY post his user id again...Add to the block list:

out_of_my_mind