• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

I've been so engrossed in ACIII that I haven't picked up the retro Wii controller I bought for Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I remember getting about halfway through on a MAME pc emulator. I hope I enjoy it as much the second time.

I checked out part of the first link (skimming is an art form lol ) and I have to say I am impressed with the visuals, for sure. But I find myself not at all excited by the prospect of playing that? I dunno, to me there is so much going on there that it distracts the eye.

If we are going to use comic book analogies its a little bit like Todd M (or Liefeld :insane: ) drawing 1 million squiggly lines that impress but simultaneously overwhelm the eye where the action and impact of a panel can be more easily and more powerfully expressed with a few lines (kirby etc..).

To put it back in game terms, the shiny graphics are great but let's not crowd the frame simply because we can. Let's say its a racing game and not a rpg... its great to see the cars look realistic. But let's not put 1,000 cars on the track just because we can. We need to save the shiny graphics for the important things, like jiggly boobs :insane:

I have to pay shipping either way, check out my location! lol

But thanks for the information!

Right, so with that in mind, honestly, I wouldn't touch a pawnshop. Besides with ebay at least you'll have some control on the process. Good luck getting a refund from some random pawn guy.

Actually, come to think of it, I have a friend that owns a game store in Ohio. I'm sure you could get a snes from him if you wanted one, and then at least you aren't dealing with some random person.

I'll pm you his info.

Dan, you should play Skyrim. Skyrim is a perfect example of how stunning graphics and an intricately detailed world with a beautiful soundtrack can add to the immersion of a game, and make you completely addicted.

800px-SR-place-Windhelm-1.jpg

Skyrim-Dragon-Moon.jpg

I know how limited your time is, so PM me whenever you do decide to play, and I'll give you a little primer on the game. It's a game with unlimited quests, so you can literally play forever, but the real appeal is exploring the world. No two people will have similar experiences with this game; you can go to a mage's college to learn magic, become the head of a thieves guild, join a secret society of assassins and take out targets all over the world, contract the vampire disease and feed on people while they sleep, turn into a werewolf, and much, much more. And all of that is separate from the main quest. It's the type of thing you can keep going back to for years. :cloud9:

PS, I was hoping the pictorial and/or video reply that I knew would be coming would be more about the jiggly boobs ;):insane:

Anything for you, brother.

I know how limited your time is, so PM me whenever you do decide to play, and I'll give you a little primer on the game. It's a game with unlimited quests, so you can literally play forever, but the real appeal is exploring the world. No two people will have similar experiences with this game; you can go to a mage's college to learn magic, become the head of a thieves guild, join a secret society of assassins and take out targets all over the world, contract the vampire disease and feed on people while they sleep, turn into a werewolf, and much, much more. And all of that is separate from the main quest. It's the type of thing you can keep going back to for years. :cloud9:

I'll pm you then. Thanks again bro :)

Dan, you should play Skyrim. Skyrim is a perfect example of how stunning graphics and an intricately detailed world with a beautiful soundtrack can add to the immersion of a game, and make you completely addicte

Agreed +1

Although Skyrim had some weird bugs in it. I'd be roaming the country side when all of a sudden a Dragon's skeleton would land on me from nowhere.

Edited by Bane

Huge capcom fighting game fan. Here are a few marquees I got my hands on as well as two SNK marquees. They look great in frames!

80EF74C0-36A1-4F15-AEC3-D7B6A7C33327-24803-000025AE457EE3A3.jpg

06129FE3-524B-45D7-8FD6-234D36D00CC0-24803-000025AE7030885A.jpg

BEDC2ED1-1C89-4946-9E89-5A7B9C2E4AC1-24803-000025AE5F610167.jpg

Awesome.

Heard something about that but I'm not familiar with. Care to explain?

I thought it would be fun to show, since we mentioned final fight, this unfolded box. (not flattened but *never* folded). May not seem like much at first blush, but if you think about it all boxes got folded during manufacture so one that's never been folded literally you would literally have to pluck it off the assembly line and only an employee or whatever would be in the position to do that.

As a result I would never fold it or use it because I think its more interesting in its current state as an obviously non-retail item.

P1000080.JPG

Film negatives (very hard to photograph) used in various stages of production of mega man 3 (NES) and mega man 1 (gameboy)

If you see fake mega man 3 boxes all over ebay you'll know I've crossed to the dark side :insane:

133868.jpg.d19a62136a257247b2bde2903ddc1342.jpg

133869.jpg.a419a29912d9ad7adcb6b777c2cc95e5.jpg