• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Any love out there for the old Turbo Grafx 16?

That system was mythical to me back in the day.

Any love out there for the old Turbo Grafx 16?

That system was mythical to me back in the day.

I never even heard of it back in the day, but I know now that the people who were into it really really love it

I actually didn't even know a GG version existed up until a couple of years ago when I saw a youtube video about it.

Even though I was on team Genesis, GG was never on my radar as a kid. I didn't know anyone who had it, and it seemed too out of reach because of how expensive it was.

you know what supposedly made streets of rage 3 better than 2?

More kangaroo! :insane:

How T.F. does a kangaroo with boxing gloves make the jump from Tom & Jerry cartoons to SOR3 anyways? lol

133852.jpg.f6b48e4c14fcf0b30b4d39074edf6de4.jpg

I actually didn't even know a GG version existed up until a couple of years ago when I saw a youtube video about it.

Even though I was on team Genesis, GG was never on my radar as a kid. I didn't know anyone who had it, and it seemed too out of reach because of how expensive it was.

you know what supposedly made streets of rage 3 better than 2?

More kangaroo! :insane:

How T.F. does a kangaroo with boxing gloves make the jump from Tom & Jerry cartoons to SOR3 anyways? lol

I felt Streets of Rage 2 was the better game out of the 3.

I remember the music being awesome. I bought that Sega collection on PS3 not so long ago and played all the way through SoR2, still awesome after all this time.

I am not saying it wasn't , poor choice of words on my part ... What I meant is that sega's "improvement" over #2 was more kangaroo on the cover. I hear 1&2 are better than 3

(thumbs u

You never played them?

Streets of Rage 2 was awesome, only if you played as the guy with blonde hair. The other 3 characters were pretty useless.

I’ve always felt that Final Fight was the better game though.

Anyone remember Double Dragon ?

Nice thread!

For all retro gamers, I have an "interesting" PS3 I bought off of Ebay that I'm looking to sell. PM me if interested (thumbs u

Whats so interesting?

I have already have three of them, so I'm not in the market for one, but I'd be interested to know as well. :popcorn:

Judging by the quotes I would say modded in some way ? ;)

Can you even sell a modded system on ebay?

I dont know , but if the answer is no, that might explain why he would offer here

Yes I have a modded system, did not know the legalities of it at the time

It has over 1100 games on it, the enitire genesis line, neo-geo, super nintendo etc

I am not saying it wasn't , poor choice of words on my part ... What I meant is that sega's "improvement" over #2 was more kangaroo on the cover. I hear 1&2 are better than 3

(thumbs u

You never played them?

Streets of Rage 2 was awesome, only if you played as the guy with blonde hair. The other 3 characters were pretty useless.

I've played mighty final fight and LOVED it. Very cool game. Havent tried the other entries or SOR yet, no. What can I say I collect more than I play even though I do enjoy playing... theres just so many games out there and each one takes so much rime that I dont know how anyone keeps up! :)

That's the beauty of the really good older games. They were good then and good now even though technology has blown them by. Good gameplay ages very gracefully :). Shiny graphics, not so much

How about good gameplay AND shiny graphics? :baiting:

Seriously though, you're right in that great gameplay of any era holds up. But pushing graphical limits is important for the game business. For example, this console generation has been one of, if not the longest ever, and the industry is taking a hit because of it. There are awesome games coming out every month, but unfortunately people lose interest in the hardware after a while, and 2012 saw a decline. We always want to see that next step; I know I'm always excited to see what's next.

Credible sources say both the next Playstation and Xbox are coming at the end of the year, and that each of them will be 10x+ more powerful than current systems. Can't wait. :popcorn:

I remember the music being awesome

It was. I remember that the options menu let you run through all of the different BGM tracks in the game, and I spent hours listening to them.

That's the beauty of the really good older games. They were good then and good now even though technology has blown them by. Good gameplay ages very gracefully :). Shiny graphics, not so much

Seriously though, you're right in that great gameplay of any era holds up. But pushing graphical limits is important for the game business. For example, this console generation has been one of, if not the longest ever, and the industry is taking a hit because of it. There are awesome games coming out every month, but unfortunately people lose interest in the hardware after a while, and 2012 saw a decline. We always want to see that next step; I know I'm always excited to see what's next.

Credible sources say both the next Playstation and Xbox are coming at the end of the year, and that each of them will be 10x+ more powerful than current systems. Can't wait. :popcorn:

It will be interesting to see how far they can push the bar. I am playing Halo 4 right now and the visuals are jaw-dropping. I can't imagine stuff looking much better.

Then again, I said that the first time I saw a TurboGrafx 16 demo. lol

(thumbs u

You never played them?

Double Dragon, Ninja Gaiden, TMNT 2, River City Ransom, Streets of Rage, Final Fight, Golden Axe, Shinobi, Act Raiser, Strider.

:cloud9:

Hey guys, maybe you can help me out with something, there are some classic videogames for the SNES that never came out for the European SNES (it was region locked for those that didn't knew).

I've been thinking of buying a NTSC compatible SNES, the thing is I don't really know how much they cost there...

In average how much would one expect to pay in a Retrogaming store or a normal pawn shop (no Ebay please) for a SNES (no need for the box or manuals)?

It will be interesting to see how far they can push the bar. I am playing Halo 4 right now and the visuals are jaw-dropping. I can't imagine stuff looking much better.

Then again, I said that the first time I saw a TurboGrafx 16 demo. lol

Here's a peak. Both of these are real-time:

Hey guys, maybe you can help me out with something, there are some classic videogames for the SNES that never came out for the European SNES (it was region locked for those that didn't knew).

I've been thinking of buying a NTSC compatible SNES, the thing is I don't really know how much they cost there...

In average how much would one expect to pay in a Retrogaming store or a normal pawn shop (no Ebay please) for a SNES (no need for the box or manuals)?

I actually think you'll get better prices on ebay than at pawns. I don't frequent the pawns at all but in my head I think of a loose snes as like a 50 dollar item maybe. On ebay probably less but then you have to pay shipping. At a pawn maybe that much or more but no shipping at least.