• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

You're reading way too many mystery comics Bronty...

:applause: love that signed FF VII soundtrack! Did you get anything else signed? No games?

No games signed.

I got the soundtracks for 5-10 signed. If I ever see him again I will bring games.

Soundtracks are one collecting area I am really not familiar with. Can you tell us a bit about the general state of the market and even how they were released and so on?

Soundtracks are one collecting area I am really not familiar with. Can you tell us a bit about the general state of the market and even how they were released and so on?

Sadly it's not too impressive. I wish they all had Amanos art.

34C1D76B-B6B4-4F9A-9545-7C7F06B1352F-189-00000040AB976726.jpg

Honestly I can't provide much info on them.

I bought them on ebay about a week before the concert. I bought all the original sound versions. I wouldnt say they are too collectible by themselves.

His signature goes for decent money though. The lady and I each got a Distant Worlds II CD signed by him and Arnie Roth (everyone at the meet and great got one.) Got $200 for one of them after the meet and great, kept the other.

Honestly I can't provide much info on them.

I bought them on ebay about a week before the concert. I bought all the original sound versions. I wouldnt say they are too collectible by themselves.

His signature goes for decent money though. The lady and I each got a Distant Worlds II CD signed by him and Arnie Roth (everyone at the meet and great got one.) Got $200 for one of them after the meet and great, kept the other.

Yeah Im pretty sure miyamotos sig goes for 250 or so and same with some of the other well known guys, which is a lot really for an unwitnessed sig

Soundtracks I think there are some in the 100-200 range but I dont know the first thing about them

Sadly it's not too impressive. I wish they all had Amanos art.

34C1D76B-B6B4-4F9A-9545-7C7F06B1352F-189-00000040AB976726.jpg

You quoted the wrong guy! lol

Anyway, thank you very much, too bad there's no cool artwork, but i still envy you! Final Fantasy IX has the best OST of all the games I've played (and most movies I've seen too).

That's one hell of a collectible! :headbang:

AGGIEZ, is that shelf custom made? :o

The cartridges fit really nicely there! (out of context thread here I come)

No, it's actually an old CD holder. The friend that gave me a lot of these games in the late 90's used it to hold the games. I was lucky enough to find another identical one about 5 years later...from my brother in law. The games fit perfectly.

Any Zelda love here? I have this cool cel/background from the much-hated cartoon series..I think I was the only one who loved that show.

w2c5d2.jpg

lol I bought a DVD of a few episodes for me and my boys to watch (3.5, 5). Link is an absolute Cobra Kai individual_without_enough_empathy in those cartoons...

Any Zelda love here? I have this cool cel/background from the much-hated cartoon series..I think I was the only one who loved that show.

w2c5d2.jpg

Hilarious. This cartoon (and an annoying kid in school who was a huge Zelda fan) gave me this negative association with the Zelda franchise that made me completely uninterested in playing the games when I was younger. I still to this day have not owned or played a single Zelda game.

Huge Zelda fan. That said... the show was pretty awful. In a great sort of way. That is a very cool cel -- the animation wasn't annoying, just the dialogue! So wise to get a still. :)

I thought you guys might enjoy seeing some old internal correspondence. This is sega but I've got some nintendo stuff somewhere too.

There are more pages than this but in the interest of brevity I've just taken pics of the first five, which are the more interesting pages anyways.

133847.jpg.57dc426a5ebf5d51d78d7a7727dc42bb.jpg

133848.jpg.32c7471d9c8091793ab340489a31a621.jpg

133849.jpg.92873ad3c66b963e4c3bf3257bb214fd.jpg

133850.jpg.5c8de69c540577c81878ca57b85608c9.jpg

133851.jpg.5dd98d00cf9b73dca96de34df9582874.jpg

Even the game gear version? lol (actually I've never played it so shouldn't knock, just hear unkind things about GG in general).

My favorite part was how it seems the file transfer system from japan to USA was BBS modem. Old school!

I actually didn't even know a GG version existed up until a couple of years ago when I saw a youtube video about it.

Even though I was on team Genesis, GG was never on my radar as a kid. I didn't know anyone who had it, and it seemed too out of reach because of how expensive it was.