• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

I installed the 1TB Hard Drive last night.

I was suprised at how easy it was to get everything installed and re-updated.

It helped that I had YouTube videos to watch on how to install HD and how to back up your stuff.

put a 500gb some time ago and I still have 300gb left with at least over 100 download games
Nice :)

Just sucks that what we have purchased on PSN can't be transfered to ps4 :tonofbricks:

It helped that I had YouTube videos to watch on how to install HD and how to back up your stuff.

put a 500gb some time ago and I still have 300gb left with at least over 100 download games

Just sucks that what we have purchased on PSN can't be transfered to ps4 :tonofbricks:

at this moment but I think around E3 we should know more especially with gaikai help. I think the same thing is going to happen to the next xbox.

at this moment but I think around E3 we should know more especially with gaikai help. I think the same thing is going to happen to the next xbox.

There are rumors that the next Xbox will require internet connectivity at all times, even during single player games. Even worse, there's the possibility that it will lock out used games which if true, will be a HUGE mistake.

Sony has confirmed that neither of these things will be true of the PS4. I'm not happy about the lack of backwards compatibility, nor will I be happy if none of the stuff on my PS3 is transferable to the PS4, but my PS3s aren't going anywhere, so it isn't a deal breaker for me.

They've already said that ps3 games "should be streamable"...down the road.

Sounded like it would not be ready for launch.

But i'm talking about PSN purchases, not disc based ps3 games.

Also can use my dualshock 3 controller on the ps4...

I think my mind is made up, i'm not getting a ps4 for the first 6 month at least. Wait and see approach.

I'd rather spend some money on a backup ps3 unit since i own a 40gb fat..not sure how much time it has left..

^ yeah that's brutal

It's not ideal, but I'm ok with it as long as Sony continues to provide support/servers for PS3 digital content. What worries me is that maybe 2 or 3 years into the PS4, they may decide to drop that support. This is uncharted territory as far as consoles go, so it's really hard to predict how this will all shake out.

There are rumors that the next Xbox will require internet connectivity at all times, even during single player games. Even worse, there's the possibility that it will lock out used games which if true, will be a HUGE mistake.

If either of those is true then it's an automatic no-buy from me (tsk)

I hope it's not true :wishluck:

They've already said that ps3 games "should be streamable"...down the road.

Sounded like it would not be ready for launch.

But i'm talking about PSN purchases, not disc based ps3 games.

Also can use my dualshock 3 controller on the ps4...

I think my mind is made up, i'm not getting a ps4 for the first 6 month at least. Wait and see approach.

I'd rather spend some money on a backup ps3 unit since i own a 40gb fat..not sure how much time it has left..

That would be a smart idea. I'm considering getting a brand new 500gb model to keep in-box, just in case my current PS3s go tits up. I have a lot invested in my PS3 library, including PSN games and DLC, and if that stuff isn't going to transfer over, I want to know that I'll always have the ability to go back and play whatever I want long after they stop production on PS3s.

Me too. Industry analysts already predict that the new Xbox will not match specs with the PS4, so if their system is less powerful AND has these restrictions, Sony will crush them.

Ultimately, it's all speculation until Microsoft does its reveal.

Me too. Industry analysts already predict that the new Xbox will not match specs with the PS4, so if their system is less powerful AND has these restrictions, Sony will crush them.

Mircrosoft would be stupid to not let the new X-Box system play used games or require internet connectivity all the time :P

I've been playing Bayonetta and I really like the game.

Bayonetta is one of the coolest female video game characters I've played.

I would rank her in my top 5 favorite female video game characters (Samus Aran being #1 in my rank :grin: )

The glasses & her British accent fits her perfectly :applause:

But the game is hard as hell :ohnoez:

Just on normal mode the game is hard.

And I have to play it on hard mode to get some trophies :ohnoez:

I sincerely hope they picked an x86 cpu as well and that the specs are close. Will make things easier to port from one system to another...

Latest rumor is they unveil something i April :wishluck:

@MFG, it would be very stupid, there are limits to how much krap people will take.

But i read that Sony hold the/a patent to disable used games....

I sincerely hope they picked an x86 cpu as well and that the specs are close. Will make things easier to port from one system to another...

@MFG, it would be very stupid, there are limits to how much krap people will take.

True,but I don't think Sony would be that stupid to block used games in their system(they would be losing a lot of gamers if they did that)

Now I can see them blocking pirated games.

I've been playing Bayonetta and I really like the game.

Bayonetta is one of the coolest female video game characters I've played.

I would rank her in my top 5 favorite female video game characters (Samus Aran being #1 in my rank :grin: )

The glasses & her British accent fits her perfectly :applause:

But the game is hard as hell :ohnoez:

Just on normal mode the game is hard.

And I have to play it on hard mode to get some trophies :ohnoez:

Bayonetta is definitely challenging. I've been working on and off to plat that game for a couple of years now. Hard mode is HARD. You need good reflexes to deal with all the madness they throw at you. And that's not even the hardest difficulty. :facepalm:

Metal Gear rising is the same. It's an awesome game, but very challenging, even on normal. To get the plat for that game, you have to get an S rank for every chapter on Revengeance (hardest) difficulty, and there's even a trophy for beating each boss on that difficulty without getting hit once.

I think is the same cpu but developers have said that the xbox os is windows 8 based and heavy usage on the ram

rantrant

[font:Book Antiqua]

Maybe not the right forum but I want to vent...

I have some “guest” coming to my place

and then I discover some missing stuff.

One of my two PS3 Remote control,

The Blu Ray collection of Aliens...

Batman Arkham City for PS3...[/font]

:censored::mad::frustrated: