• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Ah the wild west of video game collecting. I was threatened with a lawsuit today for refusing to sell a piece and for refunding their money. Its not quite the death threats of '05, ut its still comical

Its ok I am a big boy I responded in kind back in 05 and I will have a couple things to say to the IRS if I so much as get a call from a lawyer. One of the benefits to actually reporting your sales when others dont. ;) Gotta put these punks in their place :P

Its ok I am a big boy I responded in kind back in 05 and I will have a couple things to say to the IRS if I so much as get a call from a lawyer. One of the benefits to actually reporting your sales when others dont. ;) Gotta put these punks in their place :P
You got to or they'll take advantage of you.

Ah the wild west of video game collecting. I was threatened with a lawsuit today for refusing to sell a piece and for refunding their money. Its not quite the death threats of '05, ut its still comical

So you wanted to sell something for a higher price after you've already been paid? hm

If it's something rare, I'd consider taking you to court too.

So you wanted to sell something for a higher price after you've already been paid? hm

:o

Cant win with you guys can I? Ilto say its a long story is an understatement. Its got nothing to do with sellimg for a higher price (i have no deal pending or planned) and its got everything to do with me being unsatisfied with the buyer's credentials and honesty subsequent to having received payment. I've come to learn this is not someone I want to business with and I'd say the lawsuit threat bore that out wouldnt you? But thx for the assumptions. Christ. I guess this is what I get for mentioning it. Thx guys its been fun.

I will let u guys debate that amomgst yourselves. I've been taught the error of my ways in thinking I could vent here after having some a-hole threaten me with a lawsuit. Back to ps4 I guess.

Bronty is as upstanding a guy as you'll find. How about being a little less presumptuous?

Bronty is as upstanding a guy as you'll find. How about being a little less presumptuous?

Maybe he's too upstanding? :foryou:

Bronty's original post would have benefitted from some more context. It sounded like he was refusing to sell something to someone because he a) got a better offer or b) didn't like them. If you've had that happen to you, you'd understand it's infuriating.

a lawsuit over an item that the seller refused to sell?

If the buyer got his money back, who would go through the trouble to file a lawsuit? What's the most you can get out of victory in court? Even if they force the seller to sell the item, who's to say the seller still has it? And if the seller no longer has the item, then what? Have the seller pay damages?

Minus the Attorney fee, is it really worth the trouble?? (shrug)

How much was the item in question???

Edited by Comixroc

This video shows the difference between the demo & the final product of Aliens:Colonial Marines.

Talk about Bait & Switch :mad:

Jeez :censored:

The swinging light was one of the coolest uses of lighting in the demo.

What the heck went wrong?