• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

This video shows the difference between the demo & the final product of Aliens:Colonial Marines.

Talk about Bait & Switch :mad:

Jeez :censored:

The swinging light was one of the coolest uses of lighting in the demo.

What the heck went wrong?

From what I've heard from gamers is Time Gate did the demo.

After Gearbox Software took over,they changed everything in the demo to the final product.

I also heard that Gearbox used the funds from Sega to make Boarderland instead of Aliens:Colonial Marines.

When Sega found out what they were doing with their funds,they were not happy and "cancelled" the Aliens game.

Gearbox keeps picking up titles that have been in development hell for several years and outsourcing them, with mess results. It happened with Duke Nukem Forever, and now ACM. I have no idea why. They seem hell bent on destroying the good reputation they built up with Borderlands.

This video shows the difference between the demo & the final product of Aliens:Colonial Marines.

After Gearbox Software took over,they changed everything in the demo to the final product.

I also heard that Gearbox used the funds from Sega to make Boarderland instead of Aliens:Colonial Marines.

When Sega found out what they were doing with their funds,they were not happy and "cancelled" the Aliens game.

If Sega cancelled it then how did it still get released?

It's the other way around, from what I understand. Time Gate made most of the game, Gearbox made the demo.

Gearbox keeps picking up titles that have been in development hell for several years and outsourcing them, with mess results. It happened with Duke Nukem Forever, and now ACM. I have no idea why. They seem hell bent on destroying the good reputation they built up with Borderlands.
No kidding :mad:

I was one of many Alien fans looking forward to ACM.

To see Gearbox disrespect Aliens fans & gamers by making a krappy game is so not cool :mad:

I'm not buying any games from them after what they did with ACM :mad: :mad: :mad:

In more positive news, Tomb Raider goodness drops on Tuesday. :whee:

tumblr_mcjsceuCIV1qk0oi6o1_500.png

If Sega cancelled it then how did it still get released?
This should answer your question big brother:

Developmental Controversy

In February of 2013, an anonymous whistle blower reported to Destructoid that Gearbox had been taking people and resources off Aliens: Colonial Marines to put them towards Borderlands, and yet was still collecting full payments from SEGA as if they were working on Aliens: Colonial Marines. When SEGA discovered this misconduct they canceled Colonial Marines, which led to the games protracted development; "At some point in 2008, SEGA temporarily pulled the plug on the game [...] They caught wind of Gearbox shifting resources despite still collecting milestone checks as if the team were full size and lying to SEGA AND 2K about the number of people working on each project. This led to the round of layoffs at Gearbox in late 2008."[41]

The game drew additional controversy due to the fact that much of the games development was not made by Gearbox Software, but was in fact outsourced to other developers in order to compensate for mismanagement on behalf of Gearbox. While SEGA initially denied that any such outsourcing occurred, sources claimed that developers Demiurge Studios and Nerve Software were responsible for the game's downloadable content, while TimeGate Studios was responsible for the majority of the game's campaign, and were unable to create the planned Beta version on schedule despite the project's several delays. This supposedly caused the game to be rushed through redesigns, certification and shipping, despite being in a largely unfinished state.[42]

That's why I put quotation marks on "Cancelled" :P

In more positive news, Tomb Raider goodness drops on Tuesday. :whee:

tumblr_mcjsceuCIV1qk0oi6o1_500.png

I'm ready! Just gotta grab the limited edition to go with my delicious new Tomb Raider controller and its a go!! :whee:

EA2B21CB-ED60-4FE6-9236-A81245652FCD-3876-0000047C93E3481C_zps06af79e8.jpg

Okay, so I'm trying to get All the trophies for the DooM BFG edition and so far I'm having trouble with completing these,

Find the RAGE logo in the Lost Mission

Find the id logo secret room in DOOM 3

Collect every PDA in DOOM 3

Any suggestions on how to compete these?

I've been to the Doom.Wiki site and that didn't prove to helpful.

ps3trophues.org is a message board with detailed trophy guides for every game, as well as various threads for every game. Here's the Doom BFG guide:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/doom-3-bfg-edition/179053-doom-3-bfg-edition-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

Is it just me or does SquareEnix release awesome games?

People bash them because of the Final Fantasy XIII series (which I like), but they've done well with all of the Eidos properties they acquired (Deus Ex, Hitman, Tomb Raider). I'm a fan.

Is it just me or does SquareEnix release awesome games?

People bash them because of the Final Fantasy XIII series (which I like), but they've done well with all of the Eidos properties they acquired (Deus Ex, Hitman, Tomb Raider). I'm a fan.

People didn't like final fantasy XIII? I thought they were pretty good. My favorite was X, then VII after that its pretty much par for the course.