• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Bought Dark Souls II, played for several hours, gave up.
Keep grinding away COI, make sure to trade in your smooth and silky stones to the crows. That gives you a random shot at weapon upgrade materials, which can be the difference between life and deaths (yes plural)

I dunno man. That grinding style of game just doesn't appeal to me like it used to.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I find the hit detection on the game to be really out of whack. Bosses and even smaller enemies seem able to track your character, and the dodge just isn't as effective as it was in the first game. Did you find that at all, or do I just suck?

I've noticed the hit detection is a tad off sometimes, but I use Halberd's which have a straight overhand or horizontal slash. Much easier to deal with smaller enemies. What type of weapon were you using?

As for bosses...that's what Miracles or Magic are for. lol

Call of Duty Loser sends SWAT team to opponent's house

By Chris Morris

April 24, 2014 1:01 PM

Griefing over Xbox Live has taken on new, dangerous proportions.

One particularly bitter opponent called the Long Island SWAT team on his opponent after losing a game of Call of Duty.

Rafael Castillo, 17, had just finished a round of the popular shooter game and somehow raised the ire of someone else on the server, big time. That still unidentified player called the police near Castillo's home via Skype and told them he shot his mother and brother - and said he might shoot others.

That resulted in a two-hour standoff involving over 60 officers, a helicopter and fire trucks. Castillo, who had headphones on, reportedly continued to play games the entire time, unaware of the scene outside.

His mother, who is of course alive and well (as is his brother), was quick to notice the police action as she made coffee in the kitchen. Police removed from the house, though it took a while before they realized they had been hoaxed.

The agitator, police believe, got the address by backtracking Castillo's IP address.

The prank is known as “swatting” and it's a growing fad among especially disgruntled gamers. Police officials say if they determine who was behind the incident, which could cost taxpayers up to $100,000, they plan to make an arrest.

“In this … bizarre world of swatting, you get points for the helicopter, for the police cars, for the SWAT team, for the type of entry,” Michael Tangney, Long Beach police commissioner, told the local CBS affiliate. “It’s very sophisticated. Unfortunately, it’s very dangerous.”

As for Castillo, he may have played his last online match for a while. While his mother acknowledges her son was not to blame for the frightening incident, she has told him that he's done with games for quite some time.

The agitator, police believe, got the address by backtracking Castillo's IP address.

WTF? How is this done?

The author of the article makes a quip about Xbox Live in his first sentence...but I'm thinking they were probably playing the game on PC.

I believe it. It's just too bad ET sucks. Here's pics of the dig and the booty.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=808495

That's just incredible. This was a "legend" that I have heard about for nearly all of my life, but it's one of those things that, now, suddenly seems not so "legendary". I mean, now that it's no longer just an urban legend, suddenly, it just seems like trash.

I've just finished Sleeping Dogs - open world game set in Hong Kong. It isn't hard, but it is very, very enjoyable. Nice mixture of martial arts combat with gunplay and slow-motion bullet time.

Anyone grabbing spiderman 2 next week ? Looks ok

Better to wait. I recently picked up the PS3 Amazing Spider-Man game for £10.

Microsoft is digging up E.T. Atari 2600 game cartridges tomorrow in New Mexico. :D Link below

http://news.xbox.com/2014/04/ent-attend-atari-landfill-excavation

I've got an Atari 2600 and we have the ET game. I think I managed to beat it once but between falling through the floor and being chased by the men in white suits this game was quickly put in the 'I don't play these games' drawer. This does sort of make me want to dig it out and try again to see if I'm any better 20 years later hm