• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

I believe it. It's just too bad ET sucks. Here's pics of the dig and the booty.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=808495

That's just incredible. This was a "legend" that I have heard about for nearly all of my life, but it's one of those things that, now, suddenly seems not so "legendary". I mean, now that it's no longer just an urban legend, suddenly, it just seems like trash.

It could've ended up like Capone's vault, which would've been worse than finding something IMO.

Bought Dark Souls II, played for several hours, gave up.
Keep grinding away COI, make sure to trade in your smooth and silky stones to the crows. That gives you a random shot at weapon upgrade materials, which can be the difference between life and deaths (yes plural)

I dunno man. That grinding style of game just doesn't appeal to me like it used to.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I find the hit detection on the game to be really out of whack. Bosses and even smaller enemies seem able to track your character, and the dodge just isn't as effective as it was in the first game. Did you find that at all, or do I just suck?

I've noticed the hit detection is a tad off sometimes, but I use Halberd's which have a straight overhand or horizontal slash. Much easier to deal with smaller enemies. What type of weapon were you using?

As for bosses...that's what Miracles or Magic are for. lol

I have two characters: a sorcerer and dual swordsman. Both require good dodging. In the previous game, I was able to get the timing down on split-second dodging to deal with bosses. In DS II it seems like that tactic doesn't work very well. No matter when I dodge, the enemy's swing always seems to magically track me. I'm not sure if it's an issue with the enemy's hit detection or just poor timing on my part.

Anyone here actually beat Goldneye Reloaded on 007 Classic difficulty?

The final battle in the computer room is kicking my A** bad.

As soon as that copter comes around I'm dead.

Any suggestions on how to beat this?

Just a heads up that there is a weekend only Flash Sale on games for $4.99 each in the PlayStation Store.

Some of the titles on sale for $4.99 include:

Grand Theft Auto IV

Red Dead Redemption

Max Payne 3

Bioshock

Bioshock 2

L.A. Noire

Duke Nukem Forever

Mortal Kombat

Mini Ninjas

Keep grinding away COI, make sure to trade in your smooth and silky stones to the crows. That gives you a random shot at weapon upgrade materials, which can be the difference between life and deaths (yes plural)

I dunno man. That grinding style of game just doesn't appeal to me like it used to.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I find the hit detection on the game to be really out of whack. Bosses and even smaller enemies seem able to track your character, and the dodge just isn't as effective as it was in the first game. Did you find that at all, or do I just suck?

I've noticed the hit detection is a tad off sometimes, but I use Halberd's which have a straight overhand or horizontal slash. Much easier to deal with smaller enemies. What type of weapon were you using?

I have two characters: a sorcerer and dual swordsman. Both require good dodging. In the previous game, I was able to get the timing down on split-second dodging to deal with bosses. In DS II it seems like that tactic doesn't work very well. No matter when I dodge, the enemy's swing always seems to magically track me. I'm not sure if it's an issue with the enemy's hit detection or just poor timing on my part.

I can't help you, I always have a shield, I'm not good at the split second stuff. lol

Just a heads up that there is a weekend only Flash Sale on games for $4.99 each on the PlayStation forum.

Some of the titles on sale for $4.99 include:

Grand Theft Auto IV

Red Dead Redemption

Max Payne 3

Bioshock

Bioshock 2

L.A. Noire

Duke Nukem Forever

Mortal Kombat

Mini Ninjas

I highly recommend Red Dead Redemption and L.A. Noire.

:cloud9:

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I can't help you, I always have a shield, I'm not good at the split second stuff. lol

I would probably enjoy the game more if I just built a heavy armor/shield tank-type character. But I love Devil May Cry-type action games with split-second dodging and countering, Guess it doesn't work with DS II.

I would probably enjoy the game more if I just built a heavy armor/shield tank-type character. But I love Devil May Cry-type action games with split-second dodging and countering, Guess it doesn't work with DS II.

Not so much. It's more of a "Poke and Grind" type game, yeah I said it.

Get the plat yet?

Get the plat yet?

Looks like a minimum of 3 playthroughs, or a lot of PVP fights, so no. Not yet. lol

But I'll get there. :sumo:

1) I thought the premise of eating a ridiculously hot pepper and then trying to read a review was going to be stupid, but it appeals to me in a strange way, especially the ones Erin here does. Nevermind the useless review, this really is all about the attempt and your personal level of Schadenfreuden.

2) Erin Schmalfeld, will you marry me? :luhv: Seriously, she is totally my type..."adorkable."

-slym

Just a note. If you are a South Park fan, you need to get Stick of Truth. IMHO, it's not really short at all and the story is hilarious. It is much more like the movie than the TV show. Plenty of "OMG, that's so foul." moments.

They finally caved. lol

Microsoft to sell Kinect-less Xbox One for $399 -- the same price as the PS4

By Chris Morris

Microsoft is reversing course on the Xbox One -- again.

The company has announced it will begin selling a version of its next-generation console -- minus the somewhat controversial Kinect peripheral -- for $399 starting June 9. The move is the latest in a series of surprising decisions Microsoft has made since its initial introduction of the system, as it had previously described Kinect as an essential part of the new Xbox experience.

The company is citing user feedback as the basis for the decision. (Translation: Few people like Kinect and virtually everyone feels the Xbox One is too expensive.) The move, Microsoft insists, will not result in a console that has fewer features than its predecessor.

"You will also be able to access popular entertainment apps, such as Twitch, YouTube, and Netflix, as well as watch live TV and use OneGuide," said Phil Spencer in a blog post. "You will [also] continue to be able to use many of the unique features of Xbox One including the ability to get game invites while you watch TV, switch between games and entertainment apps, enjoy Twitch broadcasts, and upload your favorite gaming moments."

The $499 Xbox One with Kinect will continue to be sold. Microsoft also said it plans to make a standalone Kinect sensor available for sale, should people who buy the less expensive console change their minds down the road.

The price change instantly makes the Xbox One more competitive with Sony’s PlayStation 4. Sony's system has sold more than 7 million units since its launch, versus just 5 million Xbox Ones to date.

Microsoft’s announcement comes well in advance of June’s massive E3 trade show, perhaps to let the inevitable chatter die down before it reveals its gaming lineup for the remainder of 2014 and 2015. While a cheaper Xbox One is great news for gamers, it's bound to annoy early adopters who were led to believe as recently as February that a Kinect-less Xbox One was simply not in the cards. Turns out it was, and you could have saved $100 had you just waited to buy one.

In addition to the new console offering, the company is making some changes to its Xbox Live policies. Effective next month, people will no longer have to have an Xbox Live account to access entertainment options such as Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go or the NFL app. The company is also removing Internet Explorer, Skype and OneDrive from behind the pay wall.

"We’ve heard that you want more choices from Xbox One," said Spencer. "You want a wide variety of options in your games and entertainment experiences and you also want options in your hardware selection."

In addition to the new console offering, the company is making some changes to its Xbox Live policies. Effective next month, people will no longer have to have an Xbox Live account to access entertainment options such as Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go or the NFL app. The company is also removing Internet Explorer, Skype and OneDrive from behind the pay wall.

This is almost as big an announcement. Really sets the stage for the One being a home theater type PC box.

I'm surprised more people haven't commented on this news yet.

These were some huge complaints people had about the Xbox One that have finally been addressed.

I'm surprised more people haven't commented on this news yet.

These were some huge complaints people had about the Xbox One that have finally been addressed.

I still don't think the massive size of the Xbox One and lower resolution would be worth the same price as the PS4. And the games for the One haven't really appealed to me with most being shooters and what not.