• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your pictures!

422 posts in this topic

nice books John. So I read your profile too and see you collect Harvey file copies... were you buying those 9.4s and 9.6s in that recent Heritage Auction?

I already had all of those file copy issues with the exception of Richie Rich D&C #10. I bid but did not get it for the price I wanted.

First off.. I love seeing other forum members artwork, I miss the old days of the Comics General forum when we shared, photos, guacamole recipe's , and wine preferences.

Thnx for sharing Hawk. 893applaud-thumb.gif

A few questions.. the pencil/charcoal drawing.. is that a relative?.. it speaks volumes of your respect , and sadness for the subject drawn.

Secondly.. the B&W photo.. really sums it up for me... that is one great picture. thumbsup2.gif

While comics are still very fun for me , I have recently come to learn .. my comic books are just paper..and for some reason I was blessed with a little girl named Ellen, and everything else seems less important now.

So thnx again for sharing your personal artwork and photos...it takes a bit of guts to share sometimes...

And please excuse my ignorance.. but what is that symbol on your cradle board?

The red/yellow/black/white symbol..?

I will look, but not sure if I will find it on google...

Anyhow.. nice work.

Z

First off.. I love seeing other forum members artwork, I miss the old days of the Comics General forum when we shared, photos, guacamole recipe's , and wine preferences.

Thnx for sharing Hawk. 893applaud-thumb.gif

A few questions.. the pencil/charcoal drawing.. is that a relative?.. it speaks volumes of your respect , and sadness for the subject drawn.

Secondly.. the B&W photo.. really sums it up for me... that is one great picture. thumbsup2.gif

While comics are still very fun for me , I have recently come to learn .. my comic books are just paper..and for some reason I was blessed with a little girl named Ellen, and everything else seems less important now.

So thnx again for sharing your personal artwork and photos...it takes a bit of guts to share sometimes...

And please excuse my ignorance.. but what is that symbol on your cradle board?

The red/yellow/black/white symbol..?

I will look, but not sure if I will find it on google...

Anyhow.. nice work.

Z

Thanks! The pencil drawing is not a relative, but it was drawn from observation of someone I know (my family is American Indian, and we have close relatinoships with a few elders). I am Ojibway/Sioux.

On the cradleboard, the symbol you saw is a Native emblem that teaches a lesson about peace and reciprosity. The four colors are the four pricinipal colors of humankind, each of which occupies a portion of a complete circle in equal interrelatedness with all others, but not losing their distinctiveness either. The arrangement of the four into a circle divided into quadrants represents the four directions within a circle, meaning that all of life in every part of creation is all included within the concept of "sacred community." In other words, all people and all created things are living in their relationship with their creator and each other. The icon itself is often called a "medicine wheel," although that term has been offensively appropriated and misrepresented by "new age" books and art, whcih abound in bookstores and online (be careful!).

The use of the lion and lamb images hearken to the writings of Isaiah, who also described this interrelatedness of creation using the symbols of a predator and prey lying together at peace, with a child leading them. So I used them on either side of my son's cradle to represent my job as a father to teach him lessons about peace, conflict, justice, and respect. The lion/lamb imagery captures a very similar concep to the four-directions "medicine wheel".

See more at: http://www.malakota.com/medwheel.html

Thanks for asknig!

The necklaces, incidentally, are not significant (regarding any teaching ot symbolism); they are things I do to relax at night and raise "comic book" money.

Wow, that's probably the most personal post I've ever written to the CGC forum!

Uncanny, isn't it?

I've already forgotten which one was you. sorry.gif

27_laughing.gif

gossip.gif I'm not wearing a tie. wink.gif

So you're NOT made of plastic?! I'll be damned.

He's not one of your girlfriends, MK. gossip.gif

Uncanny, isn't it?

27_laughing.gif

Then why did he make me buy him dinner last night?!?!?!!? 893whatthe.gif

Uncanny, isn't it?

27_laughing.gif

I hope he put out at least. I hate when dates don't do that.

Uncanny, isn't it?

27_laughing.gif

I hope he put out at least. I hate when dates don't do that.

This calls for a greggy response. Christo_pull_hair.gif