• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jupiter's Children

526 posts in this topic

I like the idea of this book. I read it and it has awhile to go. How many frickin copies did they make of this book? I saw 6 covers at my LCS.

I am not a huge fan of Quietely art, but it doesnt distract a whole lot from the overall feel of this book. What this book has is the potential to do is to go back and forward in time dealing with this family and kids. The schism is set up in the first issue with some feeling to do their patriotic duty while others feel like gods and want to take over.

This book has alot of potential to be very good. Its all in the details whether it will be or not. The writer doesnt have a track record with a long book have they said if this one is ongoing or not?

Edited by Fastballspecial

I liked the first issue. It had a good pace to it, and got me curious for more of the story. Hits on today's problems, as-well-as a, " when I was a youngster ", type of feel.

Luckily one of my comic shops had multiple blank variants that I could pick-up at cover price for my commission work.

Picked up two blank covers today as my LCS still had 10 or so.

So ended up with two blanks and a sketch in total for this title, the multitude of other covers scared me off collecting any more.

:hi: MG

Looking forward to getting my sketch cover (passed on the blanks)

Hey Ryan.

Blanks were at cover so I couldn't resist.

If nothing else, blanks usually give you a copy of a book that will have no spine ticks or LCS handling damage to the regular cover underneath. Its like getting a regular cover boarded at the supplier.

Yea it's great when they're cover , my lcs gives anyone with a box cover price on blanks while others pay more its awesome when you can get them cheap , helps save money for awesome sketches , I couldn't resist either

Issue1 has sold out. 2nd print will be in stores June 5.

I love how they say certain comics have sold out , and I go to my lcs and there's still about 30 issues, we have 5 shops in town and all if them have plenty , what do they consider sold out? No more in the warehouse to ship?

Issue1 has sold out. 2nd print will be in stores June 5.

I love how they say certain comics have sold out , and I go to my lcs and there's still about 30 issues, we have 5 shops in town and all if them have plenty , what do they consider sold out? No more in the warehouse to ship?

Well, exactly.

Distributors or whoever don't have anymore available for stores.

What's left on the shelves (of each store) doesn't matter.

+1

Sold out generally means not available from the distributor...

This book was ordered VERY heavy there is no shortage of books to go around. Hell didn't they print like 8 covers? My LCS had 4 covers, plus the variant, plus the sketch cover.

The book has a lot of promise, but everyone can get a copy at cover easy.

I think that was the point, a comic that can actually be in the hand of anyone interested. It will be interesting to see if there will be any interest once shops start sending back their extra copies.

*Edit: Or will they now that a 2nd print was announced?

Edited by SpaFon