• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jupiter's Children

526 posts in this topic

So...this book is dead?

After one issue? I dug this more than a lot of other stuff that's came out lately. What did you think?

I agree, it was quite good and I enjoyed it more than I anticipated I would. Probably won't have any investment potential but it has plenty of entertainment potential.

First look -

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43594

I love Millar and I love Quitely, so I am pumped for this title.

I like Millars work on Wanted, Superman: Red Son and Old Man Logan.

Frank Quitely is one of my favourite comic book artists, so I hope this title shows the best examples of what Millar and Quitely are both capable of.

So did issue 2 get released today, or was it postponed? Front page of the Image web site says it was suppose to release today, but my LCS didn't have any copies.

Edited by deadleg

This was a great read... Love the book.. anyone know wut the print run was for this book??

105k! I expect a big drop off for #2.

Yeah, but there were like 6 covers or whatever it was for #1 (and a 2nd print, apparently). I think there were 3 covers for #2 so the run should remain high relative to other similar Image books.

I just read #2 - liked it better than #1.

A story is starting to come together....

(1) a world with super heroes that may/may not need them

(2) power struggles and political positioning

(3) greed and jealously

(4) a somewhat Romeo and Juliet dynamic

(5) grown kids with "daddy issues"

Not a bad second issue. As I said, better than the first and I'll tune in for a few more.

¿Anyone else read número dos? :grin: