• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jupiter's Children

526 posts in this topic

Went to my LCS and was there right when the doors opened. He was already out! What happens is he only orders like 10 copies of the book and as it gets closer to release date, people email him and get them added to their pull. I tried doing that a few times and it never worked so I took to coming in to get them right when they opened on Wednesday. Still getting burned. Not to mention he only got 8 of the 10 books he ordered. I really want to support the local shops, but this makes me want to just get everything online. I did manage to get the last copy of Helheim 2 and one of the 2 copies of East of West 2 that he had.

Next closest shop is like an hour away. Good thing I ordered some through DCBS, but I really want to read this today!

Unfortunately that is the downside of having to order non sale or return product two months in advance.

You could maybe ask your retailer to add one of every Image no 1 to your pull. It's not the perfect solution but...

is midtown comics website working i was suppose to get my tracking number today. Never got the tracking number for my order.. they said it was shipped already when i wanted to upgrade my shipping to priority...

hope i get it by next week..

midtowns shipping tends to be delayed as of recently, last year I would get a tracking number within 1-2 business days. and when I made a pre order it would get shipped out on Wednesday along with tracking.. now this is not the case. :)

I really miss those days..

I just finished reading it. I was hoping for the Authority and got something different, though there is still a little of that style present. I like that a took a while to read. This is not a 4 or 5 minute book. It has lots of detail and is very wordy. I like the overall premise of the book and it seems much more grounded than most Millar stories. Quitely's art is exceptional as always. I will be sticking around for a while regardless of the print run.

Went to my LCS and was there right when the doors opened. He was already out! What happens is he only orders like 10 copies of the book and as it gets closer to release date, people email him and get them added to their pull. I tried doing that a few times and it never worked so I took to coming in to get them right when they opened on Wednesday. Still getting burned. Not to mention he only got 8 of the 10 books he ordered. I really want to support the local shops, but this makes me want to just get everything online. I did manage to get the last copy of Helheim 2 and one of the 2 copies of East of West 2 that he had.

Next closest shop is like an hour away. Good thing I ordered some through DCBS, but I really want to read this today!

I thought Jupiter was returnable if you ordered a percentage over your normal Walking Dead allotment. Seemed to be a no brainer to order a bunch of them to try.

I will get 2 sketch covers so Mark Millar can sign tonight at Midtown Comics, and 2 Midtown Variants by J Scott Campbell so he can sign them at C2E2. This will at least add some value to this book.

3x east of west....doubt it

I agree. I've seen it said in interviews on Bleeding Cool that htis could be the case but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. They must be assuming that 35,000 plus people want 4 covers and a sketch cover each. I think thats stretching.