• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Missing comic now turned up on eBay, seller silver-acre. Help

338 posts in this topic

This is indeed a true thing. Me and Joseph did a deal for a book a while back it was shipped to him in the AU with the correct address as it was printed out off of the paypal invoice. The book never showed up at his place and I have started a claim with USPS about it.

The book did just show up tonight on Ebay UK for sale from the seller Silver-acre do any UK boardies know who this is?

Doug

This is indeed a true thing. Me and Joseph did a deal for a book a while back it was shipped to him in the AU with the correct address as it was printed out off of the paypal invoice. The book never showed up at his place and I have started a claim with USPS about it.

The book did just show up tonight on Ebay UK for sale from the seller Silver-acre do any UK boardies know who this is?

Doug

His name is Darryl Jones(?) and you can see some of his shenanigans in the Brian Bolland's comics sales thread...

Brian Bolland is Selling his Comics

Doug

screenshot the auction and alert the USPS. they'll get the right people on the job and jail the scumbag.

Silver ache-R is a total a.s.s.clown. Asked him for higher resolution scans for JLA 185 that he had for sale in 3 different listings....ALL HIGH GRADE SCARCE....but different prices. All the pictures were exactly the same, small without detail and couldn't be enlarged without significant distortion.

I was concerned about buying yet another 185 with the all too common printer creasing...

Instead of hooking me up with scans, he drops the "ALL HIGH GRADE, NO CREASE" into an email reply.

I've seen other folks say their stuff is NM, HIGH GRADE, ETC...but it's all arbitrary unless you can see it yourself (ala scan) or unless you trust the person's grading de facto.

No $ for him.....better places to spend your sheckles IMHO.

How did Silver-acre get the book,if addressed to the buyer? (shrug)

guessing mail theft that is why we opened a postal investigation last week. Guess I can call them tomorrow and tell them that it is found.