• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Missing comic now turned up on eBay, seller silver-acre. Help

338 posts in this topic

Not only that, Buzzetta.

As I have said, it all depends on the seriousness of the parties involved. I was not thinking chiefly of eBay sales, mostly of board or professional sales.

Example 1: Why that buyer complained because the toy got damaged, as it was entirely his fault, as he asked you to pack it unsafely? As you see, problem is not nationality, but attitude.

You and I know that... Paypal obviously doesn't...

Example 2: A non paying bidder attitude already tells you everything.

He could have simply offered to refund you the eBay fees and something for your inconvenience instead. Again, as you see, it is not a problem of handling international sales.

I cannot control what other people do. What "the right thing is to" do, is not always what they "actually" do.

As I said, everyone chooses as he thinks fair, and I find understandable when a eBay seller does not want to worry about shipping internationally, but at least he should offer the option, by stating clearly his position in the auctions.

I mean, he should not "block" overseas buyers just because he does not provide the option beforehand, he should simply state that as a rule he generally prefers not ship overseas.

An example is Lee's comics, which is present on eBay. He had a book I really wished to have for some reason (not necessarily a collectible) but he has actually blocked any communication (even eBay messages) with Europe.

I had to take an incredibly complicate route to reach him – but I managed to do so, through eBay – and then a friend of mine which works in Mountain View did me the favor to hand-pick the book from Lee's store and bring it to me the subsequent Easter as he came here in Italy.

Again, I just think it is fair to at least offer the possibility of getting in touch. It all depends on who you are dealing with. :)

What also happens is that after awhile, the few out there that cause problems begin to add up and it no longer becomes worth it to deal with future hassles. It's not worth it for me to deal internationally anymore. If someone here wants to try and change my mind I am open to it. However, the argument of "that I should offer the option" or "I should" in general does not carry and weight with me.

As I said, everyone chooses as he thinks fair, and I find understandable when a eBay seller does not want to worry about shipping internationally, but at least he should offer the option, by stating clearly his position in the auctions.

I mean, he should not "block" overseas buyers just because he does not provide the option beforehand, he should simply state that as a rule he generally prefers not ship overseas.

Says who? You? If the man doesn't want to deal with overseas shipping, that's his prerogative. He doesn't owe you, or anyone for that matter, an explanation on why he chooses not to.

Ah, but he did provide an explanation. And vaillant is perfectly entitled to reply to it.

Just to make it clear, if this was in reference to me, I have no problem with Valiant responding to what I wrote (If it was my post that you were referring to) I put that up to get a response otherwise I would have kept my mouth shut. I posted in the interest of conversation.

Says who? You? If the man doesn't want to deal with overseas shipping, that's his prerogative. He doesn't owe you, or anyone for that matter, an explanation on why he chooses not to.

Ah, but he did provide an explanation. And vaillant is perfectly entitled to reply to it.

Just to make it clear, if this was in reference to me, I have no problem with Valiant responding to what I wrote (If it was my post that you were referring to) I put that up to get a response otherwise I would have kept my mouth shut. I posted in the interest of conversation.

Precisely.

To reply to Paper Airplane (as I missed this): a seller can obviously do what he deems better, but what I was questioning – in my example – was that Lee’s Comics, for example, have chosen to block even simple message translation through eBay.

So I am not even able to send him a message, for example, asking «since I see you don’t wish to ship overseas, would you allow me to bid and then ship the books to a US address?». That’s what I meant: everyone nowadays seems to be arrogant, but at least I expect means to communicate to be left a little open. :foryou:

As for Buzzetta, I wasn’t questioning his decision: it is motivated, and perfectly understandable, and besides this he provides communication. I am quite sure he would accept transitions outside eBay, if the price of the item is worth the hassle. Mine was a general remark as a buyer which has purchased from each and every corner of the world, including Japan (and not knowing japanese, from a seller which I discovered knew english only AFTER our transaction was ended… :censored: )

I should have said this before when I posted, but I did business with Doug a while back. He let me do time payments and it was a great transaction. This is a mess.

So the book turns up on ComicConnect..

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=492747

This is nuts and clicking on the link it looks like it is still there ???

Glad to hear that the TOS has been located. :applause: I hope that someone gets prosecuted. :wishluck:

Good luck with the JIM.