• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Missing comic now turned up on eBay, seller silver-acre. Help

338 posts in this topic

How did Silver-acre get the book,if addressed to the buyer? (shrug)

guessing mail theft that is why we opened a postal investigation last week. Guess I can call them tomorrow and tell them that it is found.

Do you talk to the postmaster about the location of the book,and do they go after Silver-acre? Or do you call the Police,because they have stolen goods?

guessing mail theft that is why we opened a postal investigation last week. Guess I can call them tomorrow and tell them that it is found.

Do you talk to the postmaster about the location of the book,and do they go after Silver-acre? Or do you call the Police,because they have stolen goods?

The buyer is filing a police report for stolen goods in his country (not sure what will come of that since I am in the US he is in AU and the book is in UK) I will be contacting the post master tomorrow to let them know where the book is and that it was obviously stolen.

The buyer is filing a police report for stolen goods in his country (not sure what will come of that since I am in the US he is in AU and the book is in UK) I will be contacting the post master tomorrow to let them know where the book is and that it was obviously stolen.

Wow! This is the exact reason why I don't mail my books to CGC,because this very thing would end up happening to me when I mail my AF 15. :eek:

I hope you guys come to a good conclusion. :wishluck:

Wow! This is the exact reason why I don't mail my books to CGC,because this very thing would end up happening to me when I mail my AF 15. :eek:

I hope you guys come to a good conclusion. :wishluck:

Man it makes me even more nervous...

Well there is insurance on it which I am sure USPS will be paying up here in the next few weeks. But I know the buyer wanted the actual book more than anything. I have another copy coming back from Cgc soon and I think it's going to go straight to him.

Well there is insurance on it which I am sure USPS will be paying up here in the next few weeks. But I know the buyer wanted the actual book more than anything. I have another copy coming back from Cgc soon and I think it's going to go straight to him.

That would be a nice gesture. :applause:

Hopefully this does get resolved. :wishluck:

If you do ever get to the bottom of this, please keep the forum updated. I would really like to know how the book ended up in the UK?

Most UK blardies were out together last night so will chime in later I'm sure.

He is a scumbag but I have never known him be involved in theft or alleged theft.

Good luck and keep us informed.

He is a scumbag but I have never known him be involved in theft or alleged theft.

Understand he is no thief but will he be willing to cooperate if proof is given?

Understand he is no thief but will he be willing to cooperate if proof is given?

May allege book is on consignment or something ....

How odd that the book goes missing in the post and ends up with a comic dealer on eBay based in the UK!....really odd if you ask me hm

I don't think it's too odd.

If someone stole a comic, why not go to a dealer?

They have the cash on hand and do plenty of face to face business. No need to sell it yourself or online and risk putting out incriminating information for the authorities.

If he was in on it, why didn't he crack the case then?

How odd that the book goes missing in the post and ends up with a comic dealer on eBay based in the UK!....really odd if you ask me hm

I don't think it's too odd.

If someone stole a comic, why not go to a dealer?

They have the cash on hand and do plenty of face to face business. No need to sell it yourself or online and risk putting out incriminating information for the authorities.

If he was in on it, why didn't he crack the case then?

This. SilverAcre is the biggest dealer in the UK so they're the first place a scumbag would find to try to shift a stolen comic.

Has anyone notified eBay that there is a stolen item listed on their site? I think this would be the right way to go or someone may actually buy it.

Has anyone taken a screenshot of the auction? Some evidence is needed that the book is indeed in SilverAcres possession. This needs doing before eBay remove the auction obviously.