• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Missing comic now turned up on eBay, seller silver-acre. Help

338 posts in this topic

This. SilverAcre is the biggest dealer in the UK so they're the first place a scumbag would find to try to shift a stolen comic.

Has anyone notified eBay that there is a stolen item listed on their site? I think this would be the right way to go or someone may actually buy it.

Has anyone taken a screenshot of the auction? Some evidence is needed that the book is indeed in SilverAcres possession. This needs doing before eBay remove the auction obviously.

I purchased the comic so no-one else can have a chance to buy it. I have all the screen shots and documentation I need.

Wondering how eBay will approach this? Im worried that SilverAcre will just crack open the case and say he 'lost' the book.

I agree with Gary, Daryl is a turd, but I wouldn't think he'd stoop to actual theft.

Silver Ball-Acher would be an ideal place for the actual theif to offload the book.

What I find strange is that the book was shipped from US to AU but ends up here.

Has there been any contact or response from Daryl on this?

Slightly OT - but to all of the non-UK boardies.

This shady incident is an exception and not the rule. I'd hate his rep rub off onto the rest of us over here.

All I can suggest is now forward all the details of the purchase on to USPS.

Wait for the book to show as shipped (So you know it's out of Daryl's hands) then contact Paypal as well. Were both payments through them? you may be able to get some legal assitance through them and perhaps get them to hold the funds on the purchase from Silver Acre untuil there has been some sort of resolution.

I really hope you get this sorted.

:wishluck:

This. SilverAcre is the biggest dealer in the UK so they're the first place a scumbag would find to try to shift a stolen comic.

Has anyone notified eBay that there is a stolen item listed on their site? I think this would be the right way to go or someone may actually buy it.

Has anyone taken a screenshot of the auction? Some evidence is needed that the book is indeed in SilverAcres possession. This needs doing before eBay remove the auction obviously.

I purchased the comic so no-one else can have a chance to buy it. I have all the screen shots and documentation I need.

Wondering how eBay will approach this? Im worried that SilverAcre will just crack open the case and say he 'lost' the book.

OK, PLEASE tell me you haven't bought the book through eBay that Silver Acre has for sale and you say is the one you bought from dscott.

If you HAVE NOT done this you will not be out of pocket (much). Between USPS, insurance and dscott you are likely to be made almost completely whole financially.

Let the USPS investigation take its course. Don't fret. The wheels of those particular investigatory authorities grind slowly, but exceeding fine.

At risk of sounding too 'manly'.

Why not get someone to go to the store and go:

"This is stolen - The Police are on their way"

If he moves, the biatch.

Simples.

Too many internet scams, and yet when the 'stolen' book is in the same City as a heap of UK boardies - nothing direct is done.

I mean, its not like most have any teeth to lose?

Man up chaps.

If he moves, the biatch.

Simples.

Too many internet scams, and yet when the 'stolen' book is in the same City as a heap of UK boardies - nothing direct is done.

Man up chaps.

Firstly he doesnt have a 'store' its a warehouse. Secondly, what makes you think he is in the same city as a'heap of UK boardies?' He isnt as far as I know.

I am no fan of Darryl and many of his practices are terrible. However, let's not let the keyboard warriors get carried away here. He almost certainly bought the book in good faith. He should be given the chance to explain and handle it properly. If he doesn't then by all means wade in to give him a kicking.

Too much slamming of dealers on here without evidence or giving the person concerned a chance to state their case.

Just sayin'.

If he moves, the biatch.

Simples.

Man up chaps.

Firstly he doesnt have a 'store' its a warehouse. Secondly, what makes you think he is in the same city as a'heap of UK boardies?' He isnt as far as I know.

He'll be at the comic mart in a couple of weeks though :devil:

Book was probably snatched by a postal employee and offloaded at SilverAcre. Don't see Darryl readily handing it over though ... :sorry:

At which point it should be an easy enough matter for the police to sort out given the serial no etc.

And then people can see what a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed Daryl is.

If he moves, the biatch.

Simples.

Man up chaps.

At the Royal National in London?

If he moves, the biatch.

Simples.

Man up chaps.

At the Royal National in London?

He hasnt done the mart for yonks has he?

If he moves, the biatch.

Simples.

Man up chaps.

An excellent and reasoned post, with no apparent flaws. Except that:

1) There is no proof that Silver Acre is knowingly handling stolen goods.

2) Daryl is much more likely to listen to the actual police, or to eBay, than some random crazy coming to his warehouse and demanding that he hand over a $2000 book which as far as he knows has been bought in a totally legit way.

3) If he says "OK, I'll wait for the police", they won't be on their way, and the person at the warehouse will look even more crazy.

4) there's no evidence that this is an internet scam or, at this point, that Daryl is a willing participant at all. Much more likely some crook stole the package in the mail and offloaded it to the nearest large dealer.

5) you're absolutely right - it's a crying shame that when something like this comes to light at 4am UK time, nothing "direct" has been done by 11am.

6) please provide a list of the "heap of UK boardies" that live in Chester. I can't for a minute believe that you just spouted some absolute rubbish without knowing the facts.