• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Missing comic now turned up on eBay, seller silver-acre. Help

338 posts in this topic

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/60

This stinks....Im assuming you reported this stolen to your local police ? If not you should do it right away....before contacting the uk police.

My advice is to then have the uk police contact the seller in person ...maybe as a interested buyer to confirm it is there on site....and then physically get the book back themselves .. They will then impound it until real ownership is determined.

And don't forget to use stolencomic.com! :)

At risk of sounding too 'manly'.

Why not get someone to go to the store and go:

"This is stolen - The Police are on their way"

If he moves, the biatch.

Simples.

Too many internet scams, and yet when the 'stolen' book is in the same City as a heap of UK boardies - nothing direct is done.

I mean, its not like most have any teeth to lose?

Man up chaps.

An excellent and reasoned post, with no apparent flaws. Except that:

1) There is no proof that Silver Acre is knowingly handling stolen goods.

2) Daryl is much more likely to listen to the actual police, or to eBay, than some random crazy coming to his warehouse and demanding that he hand over a $2000 book which as far as he knows has been bought in a totally legit way.

3) If he says "OK, I'll wait for the police", they won't be on their way, and the person at the warehouse will look even more crazy.

4) there's no evidence that this is an internet scam or, at this point, that Daryl is a willing participant at all. Much more likely some crook stole the package in the mail and offloaded it to the nearest large dealer.

5) you're absolutely right - it's a crying shame that when something like this comes to light at 4am UK time, nothing "direct" has been done by 11am.

6) please provide a list of the "heap of UK boardies" that live in Chester. I can't for a minute believe that you just spouted some absolute rubbish without knowing the facts.

Tim, my love for you is growing by the post.

Infatuation is next.

You gorgeous, are a 'hunk - a - hunk of burning love'.

:luhv:

If he moves, the biatch.

Simples.

Too many internet scams, and yet when the 'stolen' book is in the same City as a heap of UK boardies - nothing direct is done.

Man up chaps.

2) Daryl is much more likely to listen to the actual police, or to eBay, than some random crazy coming to his warehouse and demanding that he hand over a $2000 book which as far as he knows has been bought in a totally legit way.

3) If he says "OK, I'll wait for the police", they won't be on their way, and the person at the warehouse will look even more crazy.

4) there's no evidence that this is an internet scam or, at this point, that Daryl is a willing participant at all. Much more likely some crook stole the package in the mail and offloaded it to the nearest large dealer.

5) you're absolutely right - it's a crying shame that when something like this comes to light at 4am UK time, nothing "direct" has been done by 11am.

6) please provide a list of the "heap of UK boardies" that live in Chester. I can't for a minute believe that you just spouted some absolute rubbish without knowing the facts.

Infatuation is next.

If you love me, set me free - by not posting nonsense.

Silver ache-R is a total a.s.s.clown. Asked him for higher resolution scans for JLA 185 that he had for sale in 3 different listings....ALL HIGH GRADE SCARCE....but different prices. All the pictures were exactly the same, small without detail and couldn't be enlarged without significant distortion.

I was concerned about buying yet another 185 with the all too common printer creasing...

Instead of hooking me up with scans, he drops the "ALL HIGH GRADE, NO CREASE" into an email reply.

I've seen other folks say their stuff is NM, HIGH GRADE, ETC...but it's all arbitrary unless you can see it yourself (ala scan) or unless you trust the person's grading de facto.

No $ for him.....better places to spend your sheckles IMHO.

JLA 185, scarce... :roflmao:

Yes, it can all look very professional - strict NM, high grade etc. - until you receive the overpriced comic books and inspect them.

If he moves, the biatch.

Simples.

Man up chaps.

Infatuation is next.

And his name is not Tim (shrug)

This stinks....Im assuming you reported this stolen to your local police ? If not you should do it right away....before contacting the uk police.

My advice is to then have the uk police contact the seller in person ...maybe as a interested buyer to confirm it is there on site....and then physically get the book back themselves .. They will then impound it until real ownership is determined.

The difficulty is in establishing where the crime took place. That is where it should ideally be reported first.

I'd suggest you contact your local police and tell them that you plan to report the crime in the UK. Unless they tell you to do things differently, I would then contact the police in Chester and report it, and let them handle things. They won't play games - if they want to impound the book as stolen goods, they'll just get a warrant, go to the warehouse and ask for it.

The problem that you have of course is that you've gone and bought the book from eBay, so it'll probably be on the way to you soon.

Once you've got it you're going to have to make the case that Daryl should give you your money back - that could end up being much harder than it would have been to simply get the book from him (without paying money) in the first place.

The difficulty is in establishing where the crime took place. That is where it should ideally be reported first.

I'd suggest you contact your local police and tell them that you plan to report the crime in the UK. Unless they tell you to do things differently, I would then contact the police in Chester and report it, and let them handle things. They won't play games - if they want to impound the book as stolen goods, they'll just get a warrant, go to the warehouse and ask for it.

The problem that you have of course is that you've gone and bought the book from eBay, so it'll probably be on the way to you soon.

Once you've got it you're going to have to make the case that Daryl should give you your money back - that could end up being much harder than it would have been to simply get the book from him (without paying money) in the first place.

Im not that stupid mate. I only hit the Buy It Now button so no one can purchase the item. I have no intention of paying for it. Im just buying time to figure out what to do.

Please note, I have no intention of tarnishing UK sellers here, I don't even know who this Daryl guy is until today. Its just my comic book is now being sold by him.

Would anyone have any idea what the Chester Police station number is.

If he moves, the biatch.

Simples.

Man up chaps.

Infatuation is next.

It is to quite a lot of us on CG.

Someone called Tim stupid in a post just up from this.

You should be outraged on his behalf.

I know I am.

Im not that stupid mate. I only hit the Buy It Now button so no one can purchase the item. I have no intention of paying for it. Im just buying time to figure out what to do.

Please note, I have no intention of tarnishing UK sellers here, I don't even know who this Daryl guy is until today. Its just my comic book is now being sold by him.

Would anyone have any idea what the Chester Police station number is.

Fair enough, that makes sense. Didn't mean to suggest you are stupid.

Incidentally, I wouldn't contact Silver Acre until you've spoken to the police. They will probably want to handle it themselves. I would expect that before going down the warrant/seizure route they will simply call him and get his side of the story. You never know, he might be willing to cooperate and just hand it over.

Problem is, he's the person most likely to end up out of pocket at the end of this.

hm karma?

If he moves, the biatch.

Simples.

Man up chaps.

Infatuation is next.

It is to quite a lot of us on CG.

Someone called Tim stupid in a post just up from this.

You should be outraged on his behalf.

I know I am.

Reading comprehension is not your strong point, is it...

Oh boy! Maybe we can get Daryl to join up on the boards and explain this and all the other issues that have continued to creep up.....over the last 5 years. doh!

Christ, no. Let's hope that doesn't happen. In most cases I can think of I would just give him a wall-of-silence treatment, anyway. Couldn't care less about his opinion.

If he moves, the biatch.

Simples.

Man up chaps.

7) The plan is altogether too manly.

Daryl deserves to be out the money.

They can make it up on the books that they cancelled from me and then relisted at 4x my original purchase price.

Ah, the Bolland collection by any chance? What was Brian thinking? :facepalm:

At this stage, the Chester Police need to be contacted and given the information. At least with the item having been purchased, there will be evidence recorded on eBay for them to act on. Darryl will have to give up the book or face charges and the police will question him about who he purchased it from.

I may have a low opinion of Darryl but it's pretty sure to be that he just bought it from the original thief.

Daryl deserves to be out the money.

They can make it up on the books that they cancelled from me and then relisted at 4x my original purchase price.

Ah, the Bolland collection by any chance? What was Brian thinking? :facepalm:

He doesn't limit that practice to just the Bolland books.