• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey when is Silver Age going to Crash?

441 posts in this topic

Are you a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point, or you do you just play one on the forums?

Tee hee - Joe/Vince just insulted someone - how funny! What a complete and total POS you are! You LOVE to stir the pot, pisss off everyone, and revel in the fact that you are a complete jerk. What's wrong w/ you - Mommy & Daddy didn't love you as a child? Were you molested? Tiny wee wee?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Doc,

The original bet was $100 between us,no talk of charity.

When it was clear he had lost,I told him to send it to DAM60 for the charity fundraiser he is going to do on these boards.When he refused to do this,I even offered to match his"donation"but still he continued to carry on.So,now,I'll match your offer and will contribute $1 a week,payable on an irregular basis,as long as JC stays off this board. Maybe some others might also do this so that vince,by his absence,can at last be the positive force he always dreamed of being.

I'm not really sure which charity DAM is doing this year. I'm fairly sure ACTOR will be one of them,but not positive.

27_laughing.gif Count me in! 893applaud-thumb.gif

WOW!!!!!!!

$4 a week and a $20 donation,so far!

This years DAM60 fundraiser is off to a WAY BETTER start than last year,thanks to the prince of wales. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I think you mean prince of wails. Amazing, people are actually happy to pay money to keep JC off the boards! grin.gif

WOW!!!!!!!

$4 a week and a $20 donation,so far!

This years DAM60 fundraiser is off to a WAY BETTER start than last year,thanks to the prince of wales. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I think you mean prince of wails. Amazing, people are actually happy to pay money to keep JC off the boards! grin.gif

Happy? Thats WAY to understated. Estatic is more like it!

well, we still dont know wheh Silver Age will crash - - -

but at least THIS THREAD has finally crashed!!

So did KCs departure confirm the Rule of the Fifth?

Did he leave on September 5th or 6th... and can we stretch it to fit the rule anyway?

Welcome to the Boards.......! According to the 2004 OS Guide DD#1 at 6.0 goes for $615 and an 8.0 goes for $1,794. Hope that helps, I'm sure you'll get some more feedback.

Redhook

Thanks, its what I figured, DD 1 at about $1000, with my guesstimate grade. I also have DD 2,3,4. haven't looked at them is a few years, they are well preserved in plastic. Some guy gave them to me with a bunch of other SA comics back in 80s. I need to go through them to figure out what I got. I remember some FFs and JLAs. maybe time to break them out again and look up their prices. makepoint.gifidea.gif. Anyway, thanks for your help and will be talking with you again soon.

David

Thanks, its what I figured, DD 1 at about $1000, with my guesstimate grade. I also have DD 2,3,4. haven't looked at them is a few years, they are well preserved in plastic. Some guy gave them to me with a bunch of other SA comics back in 80s. I need to go through them to figure out what I got. I remember some FFs and JLAs. maybe time to break them out again and look up their prices. makepoint.gifidea.gif. Anyway, thanks for your help and will be talking with you again soon.

David

Do you have this "some guy's" email?

Maybe he is still giving away goodies! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Some how I was guessing that the guy "gave" them to him as some form of payment. I would guess that they have gone up nicly for him if he has had them for a number of years.

I would guess that mid grade Silver age has increased at least 8% a year for the last 20 years

this is one of the first comics I ever owned as a kid

594568-tos71.jpg.89fbd8a3d9e2fc432edf7f21360a02fa.jpg

So,how you going to make the payment? Want to contribute it to DAM60s upcoming fund raiser? Or good ol US cash,none of that monopoly money if you would.

Or are we going to be subjected to six pages of back-tracking like we had in the Metropolis thread where your ton of 9.8 Metro books turned into 1 single book.

Here's a quote from page 17 - I haven't really been on the boards much since about three weeks before Labor Day as I have been on vacation, working hard, and then Baltimore.

The Charity Auction will be launched by the end of this week! Stay tuned in the general section for more. . . .

Also as a quick FYI, with Romita and Cho ACTOR hit around $9K for Baltimore! I think that this CGC Forums round of auctions could be BIG!!

Talk to you,

DAM

Doc,

The original bet was $100 between us,no talk of charity.

When it was clear he had lost,I told him to send it to DAM60 for the charity fundraiser he is going to do on these boards.When he refused to do this,I even offered to match his"donation"but still he continued to carry on.So,now,I'll match your offer and will contribute $1 a week,payable on an irregular basis,as long as JC stays off this board. Maybe some others might also do this so that vince,by his absence,can at last be the positive force he always dreamed of being.

I'm not really sure which charity DAM is doing this year. I'm fairly sure ACTOR will be one of them,but not positive.

This year I want to do just straight thirds to ACTOR, CBLDF and C4K as last year Dr. B you were one of the few people to donate books and I don't want C4K to get a smaller piece of the pie.

Something will be up soon I hope . . .

DAM