• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey when is Silver Age going to Crash?

441 posts in this topic

It's like trying to fix the definition to fit the facts after the facts have come out against you. He lost, now he's stormed off...

Standard Operating Procedure has been implemented! 27_laughing.gif

Shad - what charity were the proceeds of this friendly wager intended to go to?

As JC has pulled a bugaboo, I will commit $1 per week JC remains in exile (or 1 comic per week if this is going to Comics4Kids) in my former teammates name until his obligations have been met. If he comes to his senses and decides to return to the boards before 100 weeks have passed, he will assume responsibility for the outstanding balance.

Doc,

The original bet was $100 between us,no talk of charity.

When it was clear he had lost,I told him to send it to DAM60 for the charity fundraiser he is going to do on these boards.When he refused to do this,I even offered to match his"donation"but still he continued to carry on.So,now,I'll match your offer and will contribute $1 a week,payable on an irregular basis,as long as JC stays off this board. Maybe some others might also do this so that vince,by his absence,can at last be the positive force he always dreamed of being.

I'm not really sure which charity DAM is doing this year. I'm fairly sure ACTOR will be one of them,but not positive.

As JC has pulled a bugaboo, I will commit $1 per week JC remains in exile (or 1 comic per week if this is going to Comics4Kids) in my former teammates name until his obligations have been met.

I'm in for a buck a week.

As JC has pulled a bugaboo, I will commit $1 per week JC remains in exile (or 1 comic per week if this is going to Comics4Kids) in my former teammates name until his obligations have been met.

I'm in for a buck a week.

Looks like a great start to the "JC Memorial Charity Fundraiser"!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

So what JC is trying to say, then, is that after personally insulting nearly every member of the board, dragging as many threads down with his negativity as possible, screwing with the Grading Contest, berating the organizers and slamming everything that moves, and then finally squirms out of a bet and refuses to show a shred of humanity by making a donation to a great cause....

he wants some slack?

Naaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww! 27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

I used to get a kick out of JC, and frankly I think he's right about the economics of the hobby in many instances. But that doesn't mean he's not a cancerous and negative presence. If he only held himself to the same standard he holds others. "Mr. Law & Order -- I'm Gonna Put A Gavel In Your Forehead" weasels out of a bet and quits whenever things don't go his way. What a paragon of virtue and morality! 27_laughing.gif

BTW, he weaseled out by claiming that "way more" was a relative term open to interpretation.

Look at it this way...

In 1984 dollars, you could have bought 3 copies at his imaginary price for what the actual guide price for one copy was. So the ratio is 3 books to one. So RELATIVE to 1984 and RELATIVE to comic book collecting, is there any doubt that paying 3 times guide for a comic is WAY MORE than paying one times guide? makepoint.gif

CYA JC. Here's hoping that your "for a while" means years. tonofbricks.gif

Whilst I think your offer is laudable, I do feel that you and Shad are doing too much here.

JC made a bet and should pay up. End of story. Why should you donate $1 a week and have that reduce his commitment? Why should Shadroch have to match the bet size in order to get JC to pay?

By all means make a charitable donation, but not to assuage Joe Welsher.

That said, I'm in for $20 to DAM's cause when the details are posted. thumbsup2.gif

I used to get a kick out of JC, and frankly I think he's right about the economics of the hobby in many instances. But that doesn't mean he's not a cancerous and negative presence.

He claimed that this whole thing wasn't about not wanting to admit he's wrong, but, that's not true. I doubt he'd have more than 5000 posts under the Joe_C account if he wasn't so argumentatively arrogant.

I hope he comes back and continues to not let his ego dominate his personality. He's been continuously improving that for over a year! I agree with tth...he had been actually PLEASANT lately! Here's hoping that continues... 893crossfingers-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

I used to get a kick out of JC, and frankly I think he's right about the economics of the hobby in many instances. But that doesn't mean he's not a cancerous and negative presence.

He claimed that this whole thing wasn't about not wanting to admit he's wrong, but, that's not true. I doubt he'd have more than 5000 posts under the Joe_C account if he wasn't so argumentatively arrogant.

I hope he comes back and continues to not let his ego dominate his personality. He's been continuously improving that for over a year! I agree with tth...he had been actually PLEASANT lately! Here's hoping that continues... 893crossfingers-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Actually I have found him to be a bit annoying lately. Too many personal barbs, jousts with at least 10 different board members, the Metro thread, the strike and now this. I like JC as I do think he has great comic knowledge but lately this kind of banter has become extremely lame. I'm all for a good arguement but you have to know when to let go. Shad gave him an opportunity to come out as a good guy and pledge a combined $200 to charity but he decided to take the low road instead. The only reason he has decided to take a break is because he knows his "way more" theory is weak at best. I still hope he steps up and takes Shad up on the offer before the hole gets any bigger.

Whilst I think your offer is laudable, I do feel that you and Shad are doing too much here.

JC made a bet and should pay up. End of story. Why should you donate $1 a week and have that reduce his commitment? Why should Shadroch have to match the bet size in order to get JC to pay?

By all means make a charitable donation, but not to assuage Joe Welsher.

That said, I'm in for $20 to DAM's cause when the details are posted. thumbsup2.gif

To clarify my stance,I'll happily pay $1 a week to have this forum vince free. If others feel that way,great. As far as I'm concerned vince himself must pay the $100 upon his return or continue to reap the well deserved scorn he has sown for himself. In my profession one doesn't walk away from a bet.Period.

This will be my last post for awhile, as the sheer hatred on here is sickening, but for those who are not on the JC Haters bandwagon, here's the deal.

It's not about the money, it's not about being wrong, and it's not about the usual "JC Pile On" mob vendetta mentality among the less-cerebral.

If it's really "not about the money," then perhaps you should pay the bet and THEN leave. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif You'll still get to stay on your high horse, and then people won't get to call you a whelcher.

thumbsup2.gif

I just finnished reading this thread, & my head 's spinning!!! screwy.gif JC ,IMO!! You lost the bet buddy,pay your debt!!! I usually find your posting entertaining,but it always seems to me you have alot of bottled -up anger!!! You can feel the anger in most of your post that you make. Have you had your blood pressure checked lately?? Seriously , you need to chill out,if your like this on a internet message board, what are you like out in the real world!!! Argueing & insulting people all the time, It would suck being you!!! Oh Well !! It's your life ,it's what you choose!!

That's insulting, and quite arrogant for some people to try and force their specific opinion of an interpretive statement onto others. So bet or not, $1 or $1,000, my personality does not allow me to stand for being fed this mindless, illogical and highly insular BS.

Actually, your personality doesn't allow you to stand for any opinion which differs from your own. Even in the face of blinding facts, no matter what the subject, there is always another excuse, another JC definition, another stipulation. You want to talk about insulting and arrogant? Name-calling is insulting and arrogant.

Why is it that when you force YOUR specific opinion of an interpretive statement, other people are the ? You can pout and complain that everyone is against you, but everyone knows the truth. YOU drive people away with your corrosive attitude. No enough people care about you to start an anti-JC fanclub...how egotistic can you be to believe that people actually think enough of you to conspire against you? I have never really had a problem with you, but your personal attacks have grown tiresome.

What a bunch of scapegoating clowns, one question is it more fun insulting someone over nothing while they're here or when they're gone? 27_laughing.gif

Thats right I just went against the CGC messageboard borg what are some of you clowns gonna do about it? Spelling smack? thumbsup2.gif