• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey when is Silver Age going to Crash?

441 posts in this topic

This will be my last post for awhile, as the sheer hatred on here is sickening, but for those who are not on the JC Haters bandwagon, here's the deal.

It's not about the money, it's not about being wrong, and it's not about the usual "JC Pile On" mob vendetta mentality among the less-cerebral.

I simply do not equate $31 as being "WAY MORE" than $10, and I find it very insulting that people are trying to tell me than my PERSONAL INTERPRETATION of the terminology is incorrect. I'm not poor, so when I use "way more' in reference to cost or pricing, the gap is significantly higher to warrant the descriptive.

But no, how I personally use the term is apparently WRONG.. in fact, 100% wrong according to the forum faithful, who see it as some math equation, limited to their narrow view of the world.

That's insulting, and quite arrogant for some people to try and force their specific opinion of an interpretive statement onto others. So bet or not, $1 or $1,000, my personality does not allow me to stand for being fed this mindless, illogical and highly insular BS.

Rather than use outside, non-related examples why don't you keep it in the context of what the bet encompassed-values in the OS guide. At $5-$10 you were 3 to 6 times off the mark which in 1984 values is huge. Why do you use the arguement that $20 is a lot to a welfare recipient but not to the "average Joe". Who cares.

If you guessed $50 to $100 and guide said $300 (same multiple) would we still be having this arguement? Tell us what is the difference? The only thing that is being questioned is your logic?

I hear ya' POV. And I meant the respect part. That other board musta' been a living HELL! 893whatthe.gif
screwy.gif

Well - now that I THINK about it - the other pace DIDN'T have Greggy! hmmm... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

headbang.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

FF#! in the 1984 guide was only $400 in mint,WAY LESS than the $1,000 figure he was kicking around.

Funny how its never about the money,its always the principal.

But in Joes defense,he's used to dealing in Canadian money where $10,$32 or$100 is all worth just about the same thing- about as much as any of his pontifications.

AN old Brooklyn proverb: A winner never quits,a quitter never wins,but he who welches on his bets better learn to like soup!

This will be my last post for awhile, as the sheer hatred on here is sickening, but for those who are not on the JC Haters bandwagon, here's the deal.

It's not about the money, it's not about being wrong, and it's not about the usual "JC Pile On" mob vendetta mentality among the less-cerebral.

I simply do not equate $31 as being "WAY MORE" than $10, and I find it very insulting that people are trying to tell me than my PERSONAL INTERPRETATION of the terminology is incorrect. I'm not poor, so when I use "way more' in reference to cost or pricing, the gap is significantly higher to warrant the descriptive.

But no, how I personally use the term is apparently WRONG.. in fact, 100% wrong according to the forum faithful, who see it as some math equation, limited to their narrow view of the world.

That's insulting, and quite arrogant for some people to try and force their specific opinion of an interpretive statement onto others. So bet or not, $1 or $1,000, my personality does not allow me to stand for being fed this mindless, illogical and highly insular BS.

WHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Spin, rummy.

And this is [!@#%^&^] rich, coming from you: That's insulting, and quite arrogant for some people to try and force their specific opinion of an interpretive statement onto others.

Whatever. You're full of [!@#%^&^], and a lying welcher with neither shame nor honor mad.gif. See ya.

boy oh boy... did this sorry thread take off since this I posted earlier.

I gotta say that its really sad to see a grown man contort himself into a pretzel in public like that. Its so much easier to just admit a simple mistake. But, NO - - JC has to keep defending himself, making one ridiculous rationalization after another.

very sad. Hes not a bad guy, I guess, but -- well, Im not going to try to bash him.. Unfortunately for JC, hes done far too much self inflicted damage already. Just way way more more embarrassing than it needed to be.....

wow.

JC you seem to be on a bit of rampage ever since you took a strike last month?

Actually, since JC's return from his hiatus following the Comgeek-JC blow up, I thought he'd been on pretty good behavior until this thread. He actually engaged in civil conversations, provided good insights and disagreed with people without insulting them.

I guess the lithium wore off... frown.gif

I've got twenty bucks says he's gone way longer this time than last time.

As someone who wasn't a big detractor of JC... I'll just say his point about more v. way more v. whatever is rediculous. It's like trying to fix the definition to fit the facts after the facts have come out against you. He lost, now he's stormed off -- I'm sure life on the boards will soldier on -- 112 new posts since I last read this thing... hmmm....

So in comparison to $5-10 what dollar amount do you quantify as "way more"?

and if $31 is not "way more" than $5-10, what is it?

IMO, $31 is way more that $5-10 if you are refering to a single comic. If the Edgar Church collection came up for sale for $5-10 and you had to pay the "way more" price of $31 who the hell cares. So in this situation $31 in comparison to $5-10 on a single comic should be defined as "way more". JC you did lose the bet IMO and a $100 charity can only be a good thing for everyone. Since you have already stated the $100 is not a big amount of money to you why not, in the interest of charity, make a contribution? Forget about being right, being right is not everything. What harm can a contribution to charity do? BTW it's a tax write off! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

West