• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman New 52

471 posts in this topic

Anyone have luck finding any of the polybagged #47's without spine creases? :shrug:

I looked through about 75 books, feeling the spine on them and they all had multiple spine creases, mainly at the center. I couldn't find one decent copy... :sorry:

If I had to take a guess, I'd say they were damaged during the bagging process. Unless the lcs just got a bad batch.

I e-mailed Dan DiDio at DC about this problem and this was his response:

Thanks for the note and sorry for the condition of your books. I have forwarded your letter and photo to our sales department so they can address it with your store.

The problem is NOT with the store but the production process! ARRRGH!!

And I just read the March 2016 DC Solicitations on newsarama.com and see they're going to be doing the same exact thing except this time the variant covers will be done by Jim Lee.

*sigh*

:doh:

I went through roughly 100 of the Batman #47 Polybags, not ONE was found I felt comfortable sending in with hopes of hitting 9.8

This is the last polybag comic I'll buy from DC. HORRIBLE waste of money.

Great cover too.

DC doesn't care is we get 9.8's. We aren't guaranteed a 9.8, just "saleable condition". Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

48 was entertaining.....wonder if he will take his new friends into the Batcave.....BTW was the guy on the bench the Joker....I missed a couple issues

Yes, that is exactly who that was. Endgame/Superheavy has turned into one of my favorite Batman story arcs.

yep a good book. Its interesting that even in his sanest moments, joker is still not exactly right.

nice to see Bruce about to get back. I still think this project he was working on prior to the accident(the one Alfred is talking to Supes about) will be critical in him returning to his full potential.

I wonder if Mr. Bloom has 'lastability' once this arc is over with or will he be killed. He seems to be going full monte so not sure how they would use him again in the future. Right now there seems to be no interest in his 1st app in 43.

I wonder if Mr. Bloom has 'lastability' once this arc is over with or will he be killed. He seems to be going full monte so not sure how they would use him again in the future. Right now there seems to be no interest in his 1st app in 43.

Give it time. Batman is one of, if not the most printed book each month.

I see no reason that batman won't be part of this DC rebirth, though it kind of makes me sad as I don't want this current run to be forgotten about, as these laast 48 issues have been about the most consistently good writing I have seen in a while.

I was reading this hush trade that is a sketch version and in the forward Scott Williams wrote Jim Lee was meant to draw batman.

Well I truly believe maybe even more so, Scott Snyder was meant to write Batman.

I know people move on to other things eventually, but it will be a bad day when he ends his run, and I suspect with this rebirth looming, it may be sooner than later.

but let's hope not

I see no reason that batman won't be part of this DC rebirth, though it kind of makes me sad as I don't want this current run to be forgotten about, as these laast 48 issues have been about the most consistently good writing I have seen in a while.

I was reading this hush trade that is a sketch version and in the forward Scott Williams wrote Jim Lee was meant to draw batman.

Well I truly believe maybe even more so, Scott Snyder was meant to write Batman.

I know people move on to other things eventually, but it will be a bad day when he ends his run, and I suspect with this rebirth looming, it may be sooner than later.

but let's hope not

:applause:

Well said

This Snyder Batman run has been tremendous. When it comes to DC or Marvel, I can't remember the last time i looked forward each month to an issue of a particular comic. Snyder's Batman has done it for me.