• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman New 52

471 posts in this topic

so did you really get a #1 for 50 cents or was that $50-$100

You buy the #1 in a modern collection for dirt cheap. :grin:

I am amazed at what people will do with their books when they need to move them. I snagged another group of books that had the Batman #1 regular and 1:25 variant in the mix for ~$1 per book. It had most of the 1st print New 52 #1s, including Suicide Squad #1, Justice League #1 and 1:25,Tec #1, etc.

Another 300 books for $300 lot included a run of Saga #1-29 (#1 is off for grading and has 9.8 potential), including #7 ghost and the #19 retailer variant that was a slabbed 9.6.

The owners of both collections had sticker prices of $10+ on a lot of the books but had to move them so they did.

Sometimes Craigslist is your friend. lol

so did you really get a #1 for 50 cents or was that $50-$100

You buy the #1 in a modern collection for dirt cheap. :grin:

I am amazed at what people will do with their books when they need to move them. I snagged another group of books that had the Batman #1 regular and 1:25 variant in the mix for ~$1 per book. It had most of the 1st print New 52 #1s, including Suicide Squad #1, Justice League #1 and 1:25,Tec #1, etc.

Another 300 books for $300 lot included a run of Saga #1-29 (#1 is off for grading and has 9.8 potential), including #7 ghost and the #19 retailer variant that was a slabbed 9.6.

The owners of both collections had sticker prices of $10+ on a lot of the books but had to move them so they did.

Sometimes Craigslist is your friend. lol

Congratulations for having a ton of in your vicinity!

Yes, yes that was said out of jealousy :)

Edit: the 2 words that got spooned were not that bad.

lol and no worries. I posted these two in the Garage Sale/Flea Market thread from this summer:

Had some luck while out of town this week checking out a kijiji ad while on vacation. I ended up snagging the following small group of Copper/Modern books for $60 CDN.

Penticton%20lot_zpsduzmnfas.jpg

AND this is the book with the Batman #1 regular and 1:25 for just under $1 per book.

Here is a small Kijiji lot I picked up today. 93 books for $80.

July%2011%202015%20-%20Kijiji%20lot%201_zpslavk2bkm.jpg

July%2011%202015%20-%20Kijiji%20lot%202_zps40dtatjy.jpg

July%2011%202015%20-%20Kijiji%20lot%203_zpsekmcnybo.jpg

lol and no worries. I posted these two in the Garage Sale/Flea Market thread from this summer:

Had some luck while out of town this week checking out a kijiji ad while on vacation. I ended up snagging the following small group of Copper/Modern books for $60 CDN.

Penticton%20lot_zpsduzmnfas.jpg

AND this is the book with the Batman #1 regular and 1:25 for just under $1 per book.

Here is a small Kijiji lot I picked up today. 93 books for $80.

July%2011%202015%20-%20Kijiji%20lot%201_zpslavk2bkm.jpg

July%2011%202015%20-%20Kijiji%20lot%202_zps40dtatjy.jpg

July%2011%202015%20-%20Kijiji%20lot%203_zpsekmcnybo.jpg

wow great finds.... i always look at craigslist post and then get to worried im gonna meet up with someone and get stabbed lol maybe i need to start to

Mine sold for 87 last week and I think it was a 9.4

87-88 +shipping seems to be the norm right now. There are outliers that are 120 and on the opposite end too but people are paying around 96 or so when its all said and done. So almost 100

Thanks. This is good to know. I really cannot believe how expensive this book has become.

it looks to be a little less, not by much though.

I personally don't like it nearly as much as the regular

Thanks for confirming what I thought. I am not a huge fan of that book either. Something about that cover bugs me.

44 is coming out next week and with the way the last issue ended should prove to be an exciting issue

I am in love with this Mr. Bloom story. The Snyder team are at the top of their game.

I say that during every arc! A lot of people were doubting this one (me included - slightly), but here they are telling another story that I hate having to wait a month for the next issue.

The book MAY not go up more in value but it's not going to slide either. 1) It's Batman - regardless of how ridiculous that may sound. 2) Now we know how epic the Court of Owls arc was. 3) Snyder and Capullo. 4) The Batman fan base is very loyal, to the point of being hilariously annoying to other people. Non-Batman fans lose their *spoon* on some of the Google+ forums.

44 is coming out next week and with the way the last issue ended should prove to be an exciting issue

I am in love with this Mr. Bloom story. The Snyder team are at the top of their game.

I say that during every arc! A lot of people were doubting this one (me included - slightly), but here they are telling another story that I hate having to wait a month for the next issue.

The book MAY not go up more in value but it's not going to slide either. 1) It's Batman - regardless of how ridiculous that may sound. 2) Now we know how epic the Court of Owls arc was. 3) Snyder and Capullo. 4) The Batman fan base is very loyal, to the point of being hilariously annoying to other people. Non-Batman fans lose their *spoon* on some of the Google+ forums.

This has all of the makings of a great character/story, that #43 cover is very memorable, and these guys haven't disappointed me much, if at all.