• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman New 52

471 posts in this topic

I think the main driving force is just how good this series is and what a great job Snyder has done. Folks jumped on board late and want to catch up.

If you do completed auctions of raws on ebay, there are showing not including shipping 15 copies that have went for over $100 and then there would be even more if you factor in shipping too.

86-90 with shipping seems to be the average for them, with some considerably lower ones, the lowest being 61.51+4.54 shipping that ended on june 27th.

Still for a modern book with a high run, the cost is pretty expensive but then again going back and trying to put together of a pre 52 batman run, even the last 100ish issues of the book would have some expensive issue for modern in it. I think people just really like batman, and when its done especially well like Snyder and Capullo, people will pay

I think the main driving force is just how good this series is and what a great job Snyder has done. Folks jumped on board late and want to catch up.

+1

This book is my favorite Big Two title by a long shot. Hawkeye is a distant second and then nothing else comes close.

Snyder has done such amazing job that after the reboot/renumber this run will be remembered for a very very long time.

Need a CGC 9.8??? I have a few... ;)

lol thanks i got a SS snyder/capullo for a steal of 260 on evilbay a few weeks ago one sold yesterday for 425

Wow. I have a Midtown signed by Scott that I paid ... maybe around $65 or so for?

New 52 will be gone soon, but I think this issue will keep at least some longterm value based on the strength of the Snyder/Capullo run. Good chance it'll settle some, but I think there will always be some level of demand. 2c

They're taking a weird stance on Batman mainly because it's the one guaranteed winner for all of their titles - don't want to break the one that's working.

But I'll say this, I feel for the team that takes over post-Snyder and Capullo. That's going to be a run that's hard to beat.

I missed out n that #1 as well... certainly not going to shell out $100+ for it. Would rather spend that on a nice Bronze/Silver ager.

I agree ~

BA and SA commons or top end keys/1st apps/hot covers? I used to take that stance and did not buy WD #1 at $100 from the LCS (or for cover while flipping through it on the stand, but that is another story), more NM #98s when they hit $100, ASM #300s, etc. Unless you are buying solid SA or BA keys, picking up the bigger key more recent books is a better bet.

If everyone is freaking out about the regular cover going for over $100, the b&w has steadily risen and is in the $1000 range signed and graded I believe

Not freaking out, just seems that the print run vs. the fact that it is a comic that came out a couple years ago vs. the price people are asking/commanding, doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. How many people/dealers have multiple copies they are hoarding just biding time?

If everyone is freaking out about the regular cover going for over $100, the b&w has steadily risen and is in the $1000 range signed and graded I believe

Not freaking out, just seems that the print run vs. the fact that it is a comic that came out a couple years ago vs. the price people are asking/commanding, doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. How many people/dealers have multiple copies they are hoarding just biding time?

Print run doesn't matter when the demand exceeds it.

See New Mutants 98

Not very many stores or dealers have it in back stock because they sell so fast. I loaded up when it hit $25 - $30 and have landed a few copies locally they past year paying $0.50 - $100 apiece for them.

I'll be curious to know how my raw one does on the bay. It has several watchers, but only 1 bid currently.

Hopefully I'm not on that low end of the scale and it goes for at least the average price.

so did you really get a #1 for 50 cents or was that $50-$100