• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman New 52

471 posts in this topic

I believe it might be Riddler

Yes, Snyder mentioned this in a recent tweet actually - sounds like Riddler is the next big villian he wants to use in 2013.

Also as to Capullo's art being poor - I can see how someone would say that. I don't think it's true necessarily, but on a simple glance, his style is not nearly as detailed as some other top tier artists (think Lee or Finch). He leans on his colorist to bring out a fair amount of the nuance in his art instead of actually drawing every detail. I think the result from him tends to look "chunkier" than an artist who line draws everything. I don't think it's less skillful, but it maybe isn't as immediately impressive

Tell me :) Read it but didnt notitice...

Bruce used the Batman Beyond suit to escape. He found it in a trash compactor of discarded prototypes that he was trapped in with Lucious Fox. When he asked why Fox was destroying this prototype since it was so effective. Fox replied that the technology was too advanced to be economical and twenty years ahead of its time. I thought it was a brilliant nod of what is possible to come in the series or legacy of Batman

One quote thats interesting is:

Scott Snyder: "i do a lot of work between the floppys and the trade"

Kevin Smith: "you redialogue?"

Scott Snyder: "Oh yea, oh yea"

This was specifically in context with Death of the Family. Snyder said he re-dialogued and made things more clear in the trade version of Death of the Family.

Also Snyder said:

Scott Snyder: We totally intend to bring him (the Joker) back worse, to have him say 'I gave you the chance', that whole story line was about love, his next one will be about hatred. So yeah, 100% will he be more vicious.

So does anything think Zero Year will end up being as epic as "Year One" by Miller? I'd love to see a registry set for this. I've enjoyed every issue so far. :)

Although it's good, it's not groundbreaking like Miller & Mazzuchelli's work. You have to remember that 'Year One' turned a stale workhorse of a book into a superstar again, the new 52 relaunch is only a baby in terms of back history.