• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman New 52

471 posts in this topic

I'm interested to see where zero year is going from here, especially with Gotham overrun with wildlife and seeing how that unfolds. I've always loved the Riddler when done properly and I think the Villian's month Riddler issue was solid with Snyder only plotting. Also, Capullo's art, while lacking in detail at times, is crisp and really seems to fit this book and I love his character details/expressions.

I'm interested to see where zero year is going from here, especially with Gotham overrun with wildlife and seeing how that unfolds. I've always loved the Riddler when done properly and I think the Villian's month Riddler issue was solid with Snyder only plotting. Also, Capullo's art, while lacking in detail at times, is crisp and really seems to fit this book and I love his character details/expressions.

WTTB !

I'm excited about the weekly Batman series. My wallet is not excited about it, however. Surely they will "draw the line at $2.99" for this one, won't they? They'd have to be high to think they can charge us $4 per week for a year on a book like this...

I like the variant on Batman #24.

Batman+24+variant.jpg

Agreed, picked one up at cover from my LCS. Didn't like March at first but he has started to grow on me.

Batman+24+variant+cover+-+sketches.jpg

Bottom right cover could've been cool, liked the one he went with. I'm a sucker for reflections in helmets.

Been wanting to read the title but none available. Luckily, I found a few of the 1st issues for next to nothing at a toy show this weekend (1st prints). Going to read this week.

E-bays making me think that I should sell though. DOH.

Pat

@followtheleader

The Batman Vol 2 has been the capstone of the "New 52", IMO.

I've loved each of the Arc's so far. If you're just starting out... I'd read like this:

- Detective Comics Vol. 2 #1 (2011)

- Batman Vol. 2 #1 -> current.

An alternative would be to read:

Batman Vol. 2 #1 - 12; then

Detective Comics Vol. 2 #1; then

Batman Vol. 2 #13 - ...

But there is a "sense of time passing" between Tec 1 and Bats 13 that I think works.. and is how DC intended.

So I just read issue 24. Wow is all I have to say. I'm speechless, but not literally because I'm going to come gush right here. What Scott Snyder is doing with this title is just incredible. I hadn't been enjoying Zero Year and felt the book was sort of in a decline since Court of Owls. Death of the Family was good, but it just wasn't as incredible as Court of Owls.

However, this issue was awesome. This might be the best single issue I've read of a comic in some time. Everything just came together so well. The art and story flowed like a masterpiece. The coloring was odd, but it ended up working so well with the rest of the book.

All I have to say: If you aren't reading Snyder and Capullo's run on Batman, then you are missing one of the best modern super hero runs of our day. This is a run my son, who is turning into a huge Bat fan, will be talking about in 20 years.

Do yourself a favor and go pick up issue 24- it is well worth the price of admission.