• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman New 52

471 posts in this topic

Yeah, I agree. They were pretty great at WizWorldChi and even offered to sign a couple extra books I had. Snyder even acknowledged a framed zombie Batman painting I picked up when I walked by him the next day.

Unfortunately, I picked up too few of the issues for reading. Looks like my best bet is to sell the individuals and get the trades. Not my favorite way of doing it, but the issues simply aren't available locally.

Pat

Yeah, I agree. They were pretty great at WizWorldChi and even offered to sign a couple extra books I had. Snyder even acknowledged a framed zombie Batman painting I picked up when I walked by him the next day.

If you haven't listened to their interview on Kevin Smith's podcast, you need too. It was a great listen and they seem like awesome guys.

Unfortunately, I picked up too few of the issues for reading. Looks like my best bet is to sell the individuals and get the trades. Not my favorite way of doing it, but the issues simply aren't available locally.

Pat

Which issues do you need? I have multiples of everything. Drop me a PM if you are interested.

I like the variant on Batman #24.

Batman+24+variant.jpg

Agreed, picked one up at cover from my LCS. Didn't like March at first but he has started to grow on me.

Batman+24+variant+cover+-+sketches.jpg

Bottom right cover could've been cool, liked the one he went with. I'm a sucker for reflections in helmets.

Nice colors.

I'm a very happy Bat fan today just picked up a few of the covers I was missing, #21 2nd print (quite HTF in the UK) and #24 NYCC cvr, this means I now need 20 1:200/1:100 B&W cvrs to have a complete set to date, including any print, variant, special, annual or one shot.

So I'm on the countdown - 20 (to be updated)

I'd always wanted to collect Batman but it was so daunting looking at all the back issues, New 52 has given me a chance to be in from the start of something, especially great when it's been so critically well received and as I previously stated, Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo seem such great guys.

'The Death Of The Family' HC was a nice recent pick up, it looks tremendous with that dust jacket as well.

So, is everyone else who enjoyed this title still doing so?, what do you think of 'Zero Year', How's your collection going?