• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman New 52

471 posts in this topic

In interviews i've read 50 has always seemed to be "the plan" unless things change. Obviously there's a lot of shifting going on at DC right now, and I'm not sure if that means we might get them on for longer or not. Snyder did confirm a Year 2 of Eternal recently though.

Really? Not sure I love the idea or not...

Snyder and Capullo: Keep on keepin' on. I love their work!!!!!

Court of Owls, Death of the Family, Year One (took too long, but still a very good read), Endgame. Arcs to be re-read and re-enjoyed periodically (I do realize that re-enjoyed is not grammatically correct. But it works, doesn't it?).

A new villain about to be introduced, a new Batman, potential New God?

Oh man! Bring it past 50!!!

Court of Owls, Death of the Family, Year One (took too long, but still a very good read), Endgame. Arcs to be re-read and re-enjoyed periodically (I do realize that re-enjoyed is not grammatically correct. But it works, doesn't it?).

I'm of two minds about this, on one hand they have been killing it right some of my favorite arcs of all time (Court of Owls, Death of the Family), but on the other hand if they have a final arc with this Gundam Batman, and its as good as their other arcs thus far then I think a Snyder/Capullo proverbial mic drop might be awesome.

Plus thinking about what they could do with just about any big 2 property gives me the bumps of goose.

I'm of two minds about this, on one hand they have been killing it right some of my favorite arcs of all time (Court of Owls, Death of the Family), but on the other hand if they have a final arc with this Gundam Batman, and its as good as their other arcs thus far then I think a Snyder/Capullo proverbial mic drop might be awesome.

Plus thinking about what they could do with just about any big 2 property gives me the bumps of goose.

I agree and I love the "proverbial mic drop" analogy! If they pull off this "it's not Batman, but it's still Batman" arc, then they deserve BIG time accolades. I'm leery of Robo-Batman, but I've been proven wrong before

Who read Batman 41?

I enjoyed Bat-Gordon - I liked seeing the reverence that everyone had for Batman and how determined they were to keep the legacy going.

Thoughts on "Bruce Wayne" at the end?

My wallet was also happy at having a break from the 1:25 variant for a month at least.

How the EFF are we not talking about #41??? Especially the ending?

mwande: I just read it or I would have commented earlier.

I'm 99% certain the ending is a fake out, Hush maybe Lincoln March, too soon.

Well see, I have a feeling Bruce is still around. I was actually enjoying 41, with Jim at the helm. BTW, what was the deal with

the suit of armor in the dumpster at the end of 40?

It was a while between reading the issues for me, I might have just missed something, I have to go back and reread.

My assumption is that that gear in the trash was the Deus Ex Machina equipment from the theatre that Batman talks about in #35. Symbolically, there's nothing to save him this time.

Which is sort of funny given the last page of 41.