• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

Wow, did anyone read this review?

http://www.craveonline.com/comics/previews/203291-todd-the-ugliest-kid-on-earth-1-no-thanks

It starts with this:

In what has to be the most ill-advised release in comic book history, Image Comics unleashes a tale of an ugly kid who is mistakenly accused of being a child killer. Even if the entire Connecticut massacre hadn’t happened, Todd, The Ugliest Kid On Earth would be a monument to bad taste that few could beat. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not prude against off color humor or even bad taste but this, this isn’t even smart enough to be funny.

And ends with this:

Todd, The Ugliest Kid On Earth is awful. Don’t just skip it. Burn it.

I don't know whether to :facepalm: or :roflmao:

I really enjoyed #1. I thought it was weird and funny as hell!

These types of reviews annoy me, because they compare or link what they criticize to a specific tragedy or catastrophic event. There's so much we shouldn't parody or joke about if we thought the way this individual thinks. The world would be a sad and boring place indeed.

Sure what happened in Conn. was downright awful, but why even bring it up in a review of a comic book?

"When we laugh at tragedies, we alleviate the tension associated with sudden destruction, we negotiate its absurdity, we ease the emotional chaos and we tame the taboo of death"

-Aleksandra Perczynska

I thought Chew sucked and look where its at. I thought Saga was way over the top with too much sex and vulgarity and look where its at.

I will be the first to say there are a few lines in the first issue I could do without. What attracted me to the book is the Charlie Brown type character. Everywhere Todd goes it seems Lucy is there to pull the ball out from under him no matter how hard he tries to kick symbolically.

Its something that reviewer missed entirely.

http://www.craveonline.com/comics/previews/203291-todd-the-ugliest-kid-on-earth-1-no-thanks

It starts with this:

In what has to be the most ill-advised release in comic book history, Image Comics unleashes a tale of an ugly kid who is mistakenly accused of being a child killer. Even if the entire Connecticut massacre hadn’t happened, Todd, The Ugliest Kid On Earth would be a monument to bad taste that few could beat. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not prude against off color humor or even bad taste but this, this isn’t even smart enough to be funny.

And ends with this:

Somebody send that guy a copy of CROSSED quick!

It starts with this:

And ends with this:

That review was a GIFT! You'll see what I mean on Feb 20, when TODD issue 1 (2nd Print) hits stores.

It starts with this:

And ends with this:

That review was a GIFT! You'll see what I mean on Feb 20, when TODD issue 1 (2nd Print) hits stores.

I hope you quote him on the front cover :grin:

It starts with this:

And ends with this:

My favorite part was "...the most ill-advised release in comic book history..."

Look, I'm a glass half-full kind of guy -- just glad we made history.

Ken - if it takes off,it takes off.

If it bombs, it bombs.

You got your name in lights - gotta be worth it!

Success - shove it to the guy.

Failure - learn from what went wrong and come back again,all guns blazing!

Lets see what happens in the shops!

It starts with this:

And ends with this:

My favorite part was "...the most ill-advised release in comic book history..."

Look, I'm a glass half-full kind of guy -- just glad we made history.

:applause:

Iron muslim was most I'll advised.

lol, i still don't know how to react to that book