• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

hm

I bet there is someone here that just might know the answer

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth #1 7,879

Really low number. Let the frenzy begin :whee:

Thats better then I expected

^^

Can someone explain the math to me? When you look at numbers what do you look for and what's a "good number" or a "low number" (and are those the same thing?). Educate me! Thank you...

Bummer I missed the Wed and Sat signings. Was looking forward to those prints, but couldn't make it to L.A.

Re print run: For some collectors, the print run of a book adds or decreases the value to the book in question in addition to the artwork and storyline. A low print run means that there are less copies out there, therefore, contributing to the "hotness" of the book being focused on. This may not be good for the creator due to less people being able to read it, but it can be good for the collector/speculator. Of coarse, it can also be vise versa. Others can chime in too, but I hope this helps.

Can someone explain the math to me? When you look at numbers what do you look for and what's a "good number" or a "low number" (and are those the same thing?). Educate me! Thank you...

For people here, the lower the print run the better because that often leads to more demand than there is supply, which drives the re-selling price up.

So while creators are hoping for as big a print run as possible based on pre-orders, the flippers are hoping for as low a print run as possible. I'd say anything lower than 10k (maybe higher) is considered a low print run round these parts, and therefore "good".

I love the series! Bought a couple and passed on to my friends. Even had to buy a digital copy for my wife coz she can't under flipping the physical comic the way I told her to (which is as slowly and carefully as she can)

I am from Singapore and there is only 4-5 LCS in the whole country (we are a small city country). Everyone of them is sold out for this title.

In terms of numbers, low numbers are great for collectors/flippers in the beginning but I think it is a growing number is better in the long run. Or else, who will be do the buying? :grin:

So Ken - are you hitting up Eric to make this an ongoing?

The sales are up.....

I wish this was an ongoing series!

I dont think it will really be that hard to make this book ongoing with the reception it is getting.

I havent seen anyone come in yet and say they really didnt like it other then that web reviewer that said "burn it". I loved mentioning him on the 2nd Print cover that was pure genius. :roflmao:

If each issue continues to sell out and 2nd prints are being done isnt that an indication that the book is well recieved and should continue.

I thought this book was a winner from the first read which is why I tried to get them in here from their facebook page to talk about it. I still recommend all to read it if nothing else to just get a good laugh from Todd.

As far as the print run goes Ken it means something different to everyone. For some a low print run on a book means the secondary market will be a good return on their investment. Others like a low print run because it makes them feel special their were able to get in on the ground floor. Some just plain like an independent book that is struggling to make it and they root for the underdog.

I wish this was an ongoing series!

I dont think it will really be that hard to make this book ongoing with the reception it is getting.

I havent seen anyone come in yet and say they really didnt like it other then that web reviewer that said "burn it". I loved mentioning him on the 2nd Print cover that was pure genius. :roflmao:

If each issue continues to sell out and 2nd prints are being done isnt that an indication that the book is well recieved and should continue.

I thought this book was a winner from the first read which is why I tried to get them in here from their facebook page to talk about it. I still recommend all to read it if nothing else to just get a good laugh from Todd.

As far as the print run goes Ken it means something different to everyone. For some a low print run on a book means the secondary market will be a good return on their investment. Others like a low print run because it makes them feel special their were able to get in on the ground floor. Some just plain like an independent book that is struggling to make it and they root for the underdog.

Thank you all for chiming in and educating me on the numbers. As far as an ongoing -- MK and I are into it and we have the next story arc mapped out. And we are going to be talking with Image about it.

I have two appearances coming up -- this weekend I'll be at Phat Collectibles in Anaheim, CA -- Saturday 2/23 from 2-5pm. Would love to see you there. Here's a link https://www.facebook.com/events/125823094249706/?ref=22

And next week I'll be at Emerald City Comic-con February 28-March 3rd. If any of you are going please stop at the Image booth and say hello.

Edited by KenKristensen