• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

Well that was different....

Thanks for the link!

Not sure if this is news but Midtown's brick and mortar stores are limiting issue 2 to 1 copy per customer. Any remaining stock of issue 1 appears to have sold out--and there were about 100 copies at the Times Sq location just last week.

The store between 7th and 8th ave didn't put the limit sign up until about 8:30AM.

They let me keep the two I had in my stack of books because I got in under the wire. It probabaly didn't hurt that I spent about $100 either.

Just finished reading #2 while ironically doing #2. Okay, TMI.

I like the way Ken comments on society in general during the events inside the story. It's done in a very casual manner, but if you can read between the lines, you see it. Great job so far Ken! This is one of my favorite books of the year so far!

Just finished reading #2 while ironically doing #2. Okay, TMI.

I like the way Ken comments on society in general during the events inside the story. It's done in a very casual manner, but if you can read between the lines, you see it. Great job so far Ken! This is one of my favorite books of the year so far!

That's why it's one of my favorite reads right now. I hope they can continue the series.

Whats up the prices of #1. They seem to have dropped a bit

I am assuming you are wanting to speculate on the book? Currently people are still buying the book to read. At least most are. The prices drop down as seller's fly into the market with books they can find locally and demand meets supply.

Its still word of mouth currently. Personally I like this sort of beginning. That and the books print run was pretty low maybe Ken can tell us what the official number was I havent heard it yet.

I will personally ship out one copy out to someone who missed out and wants to read it all they need to do is PM me.(US only) All I ask is that you ship it back or onto someone else(all give you an address) when you get done so they can read it as well. Somebody did this to me on Saga so I feel its only fair to return the favor.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I was picking up #2 today and talked to one owner about the series and he said this,"It could be the next Chew"

Ponder on that. hm

Well, MK and I are huge Chew fans, so we love to be in such company. And Bleeding Cool seems to agree...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/13/fourteen-thoughts-about-fourteen-comics-manhattan-projects-morning-glories-todd-the-ugliest-kid-on-earth-the-end-times-of-bram-and-ben-wolverine-the-x-men-cable-x-force-batgirl-katana-po/

I was picking up #2 today and talked to one owner about the series and he said this,"It could be the next Chew"

Ponder on that. hm

Well, MK and I are huge Chew fans, so we love to be in such company. And Bleeding Cool seems to agree...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/13/fourteen-thoughts-about-fourteen-comics-manhattan-projects-morning-glories-todd-the-ugliest-kid-on-earth-the-end-times-of-bram-and-ben-wolverine-the-x-men-cable-x-force-batgirl-katana-po/

If that becomes true Branget will never let me live it down. meh

Its a good question what does it take to make it ongoing?

Yesterday I learned that issue #2 completely sold out at the distributor level -- within the first 24 hours of release. Just like issue #1. If we're going to make TODD an ongoing series we need to keep this up.

But retailers need to order the book! I walked into a very popular shop in Burbank, CA yesterday and they hadn't ordered any copies of issue 2 beyond what was on their regular customers' pull lists. ZERO. A book where issue #1 sold out on the day of release and you don't order any shelf copies of issue #2? The mind boggles.

Please tell your retailers to order more #3 -- the final order cutoff is this coming Monday 2/18!

Thank you all!