• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

Read #2 last night... am I a bad person for finding it humorous? This book reminds me a little of Dan the Unharmable in that I feel a little grimy after reading but can't wait for the next chapter. I've encouraged my LCS to order more and have even given him an extra copy of #1 to see what he missed. Good luck Ken.

Its a good question what does it take to make it ongoing?

Yesterday I learned that issue #2 completely sold out at the distributor level -- within the first 24 hours of release. Just like issue #1. If we're going to make TODD an ongoing series we need to keep this up.

But retailers need to order the book! I walked into a very popular shop in Burbank, CA yesterday and they hadn't ordered any copies of issue 2 beyond what was on their regular customers' pull lists. ZERO. A book where issue #1 sold out on the day of release and you don't order any shelf copies of issue #2? The mind boggles.

Please tell your retailers to order more #3 -- the final order cutoff is this coming Monday 2/18!

Thank you all!

Same thing for 2 LCS in my area. I subbed it so I got my copy. Loving it so far.

Yesterday I learned that issue #2 completely sold out at the distributor level -- within the first 24 hours of release. Just like issue #1. If we're going to make TODD an ongoing series we need to keep this up.

But retailers need to order the book! I walked into a very popular shop in Burbank, CA yesterday and they hadn't ordered any copies of issue 2 beyond what was on their regular customers' pull lists. ZERO. A book where issue #1 sold out on the day of release and you don't order any shelf copies of issue #2? The mind boggles.

Please tell your retailers to order more #3 -- the final order cutoff is this coming Monday 2/18!

Thank you all!

With so many new issue #1s coming out from everybody, it's difficult for smaller shops to order accordingly on new releases (especially Indies).

A PREVIEW would help immensely! even a PDF preview before FOC of any new Indie title.

I'll push Indies all day long over Marvel & DC but I need to know what I'm selling.

A bit of Gumph in Previews doesn't help.

Great book by the way Ken (thumbs u

Now, if I'd seen a preview before FOC it would have been my top ordered Indie for the month.

Just a thought.

(and a quick add after re-reading the post)

We didn't up orders on #2 because by the time I'd got read #1 the FOC had passed.

Us little retailers barely have time to eat let alone read titles on release day.

rantrant over

Please find this constructive not negative!

Edited by songsaboutclouds

Thank you all!

With so many new issue #1s coming out from everybody, it's difficult for smaller shops to order accordingly on new releases (especially Indies).

A PREVIEW would help immensely! even a PDF preview before FOC of any new Indie title.

I'll push Indies all day long over Marvel & DC but I need to know what I'm selling.

A bit of Gumph in Previews doesn't help.

Great book by the way Ken (thumbs u

Now, if I'd seen a preview before FOC it would have been my top ordered Indie for the month.

Just a thought.

(and a quick add after re-reading the post)

We didn't up orders on #2 because by the time I'd got read #1 the FOC had passed.

Us little retailers barely have time to eat let alone read titles on release day.

rantrant over

Please find this constructive not negative!

I'm glad to hear from a retailer on this! Thank you for taking the time to rant -- because I want to learn how to make this process easier on retailers.

So if I sent a preview to you each issue that would help? How many pages minimum? And how long before FOC would you need it?

Not sure if this is news but Midtown's brick and mortar stores are limiting issue 2 to 1 copy per customer. Any remaining stock of issue 1 appears to have sold out--and there were about 100 copies at the Times Sq location just last week.

The store between 7th and 8th ave didn't put the limit sign up until about 8:30AM.

They let me keep the two I had in my stack of books because I got in under the wire. It probabaly didn't hurt that I spent about $100 either.

My mother tried to buy 5 copies from Midtown and they shut her down! She was like, "Don't I get special dispensation for giving birth to the writer?!"

And they were like, "'Fraid not, ma'am. Now step away from the wall and let others browse."

Edited by KenKristensen

hm

I bet there is someone here that just might know the answer

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth #1 7,879

Really low number. Let the frenzy begin :whee:

Thats better then I expected

^^

Can someone explain the math to me? When you look at numbers what do you look for and what's a "good number" or a "low number" (and are those the same thing?). Educate me! Thank you...

hm

I bet there is someone here that just might know the answer

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth #1 7,879

Really low number. Let the frenzy begin :whee:

Thats better then I expected

^^

Can someone explain the math to me? When you look at numbers what do you look for and what's a "good number" or a "low number" (and are those the same thing?). Educate me! Thank you...

Compare to last year. Saga had around 37k. That was high. Revival had around 18k. Average for an image book. While Peter Panzerfaust only had 5k. Thats really low.

Is the book good? Just wondering whether to jump on before the madness starts now that the print run has been disclosed...

I was hesitant but finally picked up issue one. Good story going and I'm diggin the art work. Becoming a fan